Summer Blooms!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

a closer look

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

the Cleome I got from sjweld at the round-up in summer

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hugger, love that rudbeckia! And Cece, I bet you have tons of butterflies by your caryopteris. I thought they weren't hardy to zone 5, though. Does yours come back every year?

Here's a pic of my turtlehead Hot Lips. The blooms really do look like little turtle heads!

Thumbnail by sherriseden
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Every year. I leave fall and winter and then early spring cut it back to the ground and it comes right back up. Last year I didn't get to it early enough to cut it down to the ground and it just leafed out everywhere. Will have to remember to get to it earlier in spring to keep it a nice size. But yeah its hardy here.

I ordered a Caryopteris 'Loraine Sunshine last spring and planted it. It isn't blooming yet but the leaves are a yellowish green. Really kinda cool looking. I post a pic of that but have to take it first *grin*

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Here is Caropteris 'Loraine Sunshine'

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

And it IS getting buds on it I am so excited.

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I planted a Beautyberry shrub this past spring also and for got to take a pic of its tiny pink blooms....

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Its getting it's little berries though and they are supposed to turn purple when they are bigger

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I love these Persian Shields......

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

My Brugmansia 'Wretched Mess' is opening its bloom. She's a double so pretty slow to open

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

cece,love that persian sheilds.I love cleome this was the 1st time Ive grown it,although I had to pull it and a few others hollyhocks and cantburybells,We had some wind a few weeks ago it ripped through here,pushed the camper into the shed too.

Thumbnail by huggergirl

wind took these out too

Thumbnail by huggergirl

and these....

Thumbnail by huggergirl

This was early summer ,but I love it, Soapwart. It seems to do well in part shade .

Thumbnail by huggergirl

peatunias keeping up with zinnias,

This message was edited Aug 28, 2010 7:16 PM

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Ive only got a few areas tolerating the heat and no rain..

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Some great looking blooms, Hugger, Sherri and Cece!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.