Thumbnail by sherriseden
Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Pinky Winky hydrangea . . .

Thumbnail by sherriseden
Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Daylillies and black eyed susan . . .

Thumbnail by sherriseden
Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hosta 'Guacamole' flower - large and fragrant!

Thumbnail by sherriseden
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Rudbeckia 'Cherokee Sunset'

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Cleome aka Spider flower

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Did I post my new gardening buddy?

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Would that Foxglove be 'Pam's Choice'? I had ordered a couple that looked just like that under that name but they never came back...............

Madison, WI

cece,
'Cherokee Sunset' has such a full flower. How compact the plant is? I'd like to replace all of my Rudbeckia over 3' with shorter ones. The tall ones flop after the rain and the passerbys break them :(

Sheri,
Just realized I need to move my 'Guacamole' closer to where I can see and smell it. What a lovely hosta!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

If I remember correctly (which isn't always the case) I believe the book said 24" tall by 8-10" wide. I do like it, though. This is a first time ever.......Just planted it in May of this year.

Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Cece, love your gardening buddy!! Yes, I believe it is Pam's Choice, but I think those come in different colors. They won't come back because they're biennial - leaf out first year, bloom second year - but they should self seed quite a bit. I almost think I like digitalis ambigua (aka grandiflora) a bit better because it is a true perennial and my gosh . . . blooms that started on mine in mid or late June still look good and there are new ones! Here's pic - it's on the right in back of the ninebark shrub just to the left of a stake. (I know, I need to move it to the front!)

Thumbnail by sherriseden
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

But Mine never even re-seeded. I gave up on it........Yes I like my strawberry foxglove and it keeps coming back so I am very happy with it. My Foxgloves AND my delphiniums.

Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

You sound like me - foxgloves and delphs!! : )

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Gotta love Delphiniums and foxgloves..........least I do.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

and Mee too...Lets see what Ive got going on here, lots of beautiful blooms

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Delphinium,Anyone on a name of this color ,Ive lost the tag

Thumbnail by huggergirl

star gazer,liatris

Thumbnail by huggergirl

My ladder trellis,for gourds

Thumbnail by huggergirl

I love cleome,and zebrina malva

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful Tamara. Just beautiful..............

thanks cece,I love your cherokee sunset,and your garden buddy he is so cute....Here is another photo of no ID purple bell flower???? and the tiger eye rudbeckia,Iam lovin this bed

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

ohhh and some lamium and blue scabisoa. Beautiful. I have looks like all 4 of them, but then Ed is always saying there can't possibly be a plant on the planet I don't have. Oh don't I wish!!!!!!

cece okok which is what because I dont know..LOL Well I know the rudbeckia and candytuft,but the proper names i know not ....Irish eyes rudbeckia here

This message was edited Jul 16, 2010 8:03 AM

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous, Tamara! I have to try malva. I think that delph is 'blue mirror'. I have about 5 because I fell in love with the color, but the weird thing is one or two are slightly different than the others in that they have spurs!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Tamara the plant to the left of the bell flowers is Lamium. Is a ground cover that kinda watch for it goes nuts. I like, no love it so I let it go where ever its little oh stems desire.

The blue flower behind you rude beckies is Blue Scabiosa or blue pin cushion flower.

My Irish eyes came up 3 years in a row looking like they are supposed to. This year they came up with a brown center instead of green. Guess it didn't want to be Irish any more.

Ok ,Dead Nettle (lamium) its white and I have purple on the east side of the house.thanks..and the blue scabiosa ,is new and I love it..Does it winter well ??? I will save Malva Zebrina seeds

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

My Blue scabiosa is wonderful winters perfectly every year AND doesn't take over like the yellow one has. That one got huge this year but the Butterfly Blue has just stayed maybe a little bit larger than yours for the past 3 years. I like. Yes, Lamium is spotted deadnettle.

Madison, WI

Making a note to myself - ladder trellis. What a wonderful cottage look and so practical!

Thanks cece.and Enya ,the ladder is working out better than I imagined,I love it,I have another taller ladder and Iam wanting to find a spot for it

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Tamara..that bed with the scabiosa looks great. The "Irish eyes" almost looks like "Prairie Sun" that I ordered seeds from T&M the other day. Will share when they come. Boy, doesn't that peppermint phlox look like the candy? My dear Mother always kept some wrapped peppermint candy in her purse on Sundays, "in case she got to coughing." and I love peppermint candy too and think of her every time I see it. Tears are coming to my eye, just thinking about her. It's been 19 yrs. now since I lost her and I think of her every day. . Just think of all the plants you can buy with the Vet money!Shh! don't tell Ralph! LOL!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Hibiscus moscheutos "Brrandywine'

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

H. moscheutos Pierot (sp)

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

H. moscheutos Stardust

Thumbnail by cececoogan

Hey all,Cece,I think my blue scabiosa is really Texas Bluebells,I want to see your blue scabiosa,and I did get some pale yellow scabiosa from the swap ,its blooming now .And the bluebells are blooming like mad .Kaleyred gave me an ID on the bluebells ,because I had looked up scabiosa and I didnt think it matched up and neither did she,she posted it on the id forum .She couldnt wait for me to do it !!!! LOL

nice hybiscus,I wish I had some....

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I'll save some seed for you...........There is another person over on cubits I'll be saving some for. What color? The red, white, or Hot pink?

Oh cece I really dont know where Id put them..LOL Are they full sun ???

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Yep

I do have full sun now ,but Iam going to have to move the Glowing Embers hydrangas,they get too much sun now,we cut down a tree.Hys have clorosis ?now,getting better but Iam not sure the full sun is soo great for them ,I do keep them watered.Then I could plant Hibiscus.LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.