Brugs

Hamilton, OH

Dana, how pretty they are
Hi Debra
here are the Pic's of what's Blooming now, I will post Elizabeth also, this is Joli

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

This is Elizabeth, it has a wonderful smell, this one is from JT Sessions @ Country Gardens

Elizabeth

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

How often does Elizabeth bloom?

Hamilton, OH

This is Miss B havin one of Brenda Delph's cosses one of my favorite doubles

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Veronica
pretty regular, once it starts Blooming, for some reason at first you just have a bloom or two, then it has a bigger flush
Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

This is a white Datura not quiet open, all you need is one, then you have a lots of seed pods, they come up everywhere, on their own

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

This is a fragrant daylilly, I don't know the name of it, but I like it

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

this my pholox, it's really fragrant

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

as you can see I love too take Pic's too share, another daylilly

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

This is Balsom also called lady's slipper, I love annuals for color till the Brugs Bloom

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

last one of cleome, it surprized me it's fragrant also

Elizabeth

Mulberry, FL

Those cleome come in different colors I really like those kinda look like whiskers thanks for sharing!

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Danasplants, we may need to do another swap, I think I lost my Pink Velvet over the Winter. Two years ago I had two blooms on mine in the middle of Summer and they lasted 6 days. I have never had any Brug last that long in Texas heat, just got to love her.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Blooms, elizabeth, and I like your balsum, I grew one from seed from Emma.. it is plum delite i think.

Thumbnail by joeswife
Austin, TX

I love Cleome, and the deer don't! Double plus there.

I print up my single bloom pix and stick 'em on blank foldover notes with envelopes from Micheals, and use the for thank yous, etc.

Love my little Nikon Coolpix. bought it for macro on jewelry, and now flowers and foliage. Foliage becomes important when bloomers fade or stop in the heat.

This is Rami, used with cotton for clothing a while back. Great leaf form.

My Brug has a new bloom and the old one is hanging on, I love the pix of flushes.

Thumbnail by sylguy
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

First of last Falls trades to bloom, this is Angel's Exotic;

Thumbnail by kenboy
Hamilton, OH

Hi Debra,Sylguy, Ken

all nice Pic's, that Balsum is georgeous Debra, nice foilage on your your Pic Sylguy, Ken you will love Angels Exotic mine threw a triple Bloom last year, so don't be surprized if you have one, it's one of my favorites, I put mine in a better spot this year to get it to grow taller

Elizabeth

Austin, TX

Kenboy exotic is an understatement, the whorling tips are fab.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Does the little tutu on this Angels Moonlight count as a skirt? Miss B'Havin produces one also.

Thumbnail by bettydee
Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

How qute! A tutu! clever.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Of course it counts, love the color.

Oh , such lovely graceful blooms on here tonight!

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Kenboy, I have an extra Pink Velvet in a pot if ya want it...it is about 2 to 3 feet tall..lol..

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Y yes girlfriend.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

MINI- Skirt.

Hamilton, OH

Veronica
it sure does count, that's neat how you descriped it

Hey Ken, it's good too see you

Charlene. always a pleasure too see you, the same thing goes for Sheri

Elizabeth

Thank you, you know I love visiting wih you and everyone.
Charleen

Could someone tell me what is the best sun positioning for Brugs...full, morning, afternoon, dappled? The heat can be brutal here in NC in the Summer. Also how far from a fence, wall or deck rail should they be planted? Looks like they get HuGe!

thanks,
Sheri

They do get large. I have mine in my Dogpen and just got them treached and mulched they wer looking terrible. Had to move one to the shade right after I planted it, it couldn't take the sun, at all. Can't read label but here is one and dog is my pup chasing mice in gardenin the fence row.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

That trench oround it is really smart. I will probably do that.
Also I have some of those watersorb crystals. Since Brugs don't like to get dry I thought I'd incorporate some into each pot or planting hole.
Watcha all think ?

Sheri

Hamilton, OH

Sheri
the best place too place them is where the get morning sun but afternoon shade, if you don't have much shade, you can put up an umbrella, so they get shade, I have several right against my privacy fence & also right next to a chain link fence, my yard is small, I have every inch of it planted with plants including my Brugs, I hope that helps
Elizabeth
Hi Cahrlene, that trench looks like a good idea, do you just fill it with water?

eLIZABETH

Elizabeth, Yes, I do. that's why I enlarge it a wee bit, to hold more water to keep the mulch damp enough to cool their roots.
They are happer today, that for sure. I've not tried Crystals in the ground, Sheri but mix them in good with the soil
and I think they will do great. I do have them in one pot. I'm experimenting again.

Elizabeth bloomed for me again. Her Skirt looks all twisted up tho, poor thing.

Thumbnail by joeswife
Hamilton, OH

Debra
my first Bloom looked like that, it gets better, the more they Bloom, it's still Georgeous, mine is in full sun so it could also be the heat

Elizabeth

I know you are are wondering about my twin blooms. Well I have had to trench and add mulch. They dried out, they were s pitiful looking. but plant is better now. Maybe I'll have some blooms sometime soon.
Charleen

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
once they start Blooming, you'll see all kinds of tiny Buds, I have a bunch of tiny Buds on mine, wasn't it really hot for awhile? that might be the reason they dried up

Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Everyones blooms are beautiful.Can't wait for mine to bloom! I haven't been on the puter much lately...just been running in circles.Hope to get finished up soon, so I can enjoy gardening and visiting with you all, again.I sure do miss being in on the action...
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Dee
Hey Girl, there you are. you have been missed here, Charlene & I have been worried about you, I am so glad you were just busy, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
that you're able too get back to enjoying all the things you love, it's good too have you back

Elizabeth

Dee, Where you been, but mostly, How are you doing??? Hugs and more hugs. We have missed you dear friend.
Elizabeth and I were talking this morning about you. Where your ears burning????
Hugs and more hugs
Charleen

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Well, between taking care of two yards, and the grandkids, and the old man, I am just running in circles..lol.Seems like when I'm don't have the 3 grandkids, I'm mowing, or spraying and pulling weeds.The beds here at the new place have been badly neglected for a couple years and the weeds are choking out lots of the flowers that are already here.I wouldn't even know they were there, but one manages to peek thru every now and then.One bed was soo bad that I just killed the whole thing out with roundup, but I regret that now, since seeing lots of asiatic lilies, garden phlox and some other great things pop up, other places in the yard. Every time I pull a few weeds, I find something new.But, the weeds come back faster than I can pull...so, I am just trying to keep them from driving me crazy til fall, when I can dig the beds out and start over.That's really what they need!For, now, I'll just weed as I can, and pop the seed heads off of any that get past me..lol
I'll try to get on and talk to you all tonight. I'm getting ready to run some errands.This has been a busy, busy gardening season. Hopefully it will soon be time for relaxing and enjoying what I enjoy most ...our plants, and talking 'bout our plants, with my gardening buddies.
Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.