CLOSED: The Adventures of Glenda Gardener (SIGN UP)

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

CUe...yes you have to take a photo of Glenda in her hometown to start her adventure!!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Oh yes, Cue! We want pictures of Glenda's hometown! Ayrica! We are neighbors! I didn't realize that! Yippee! Where are you in SD? And thanks everyone for the compliments on my irises! It's funny, I have them in 3 different places in my yard, and they are all growing at different speeds. Reckon I have a few micro climates here, lol!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

ok, dying to see what she looks like ;-)

Reno, NV(Zone 5a)

Glenda must visit Reno, and perhaps during Hot August nights, fantastic cars during that time. Joan

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

When does her trip begin?? Cue?? Huh???

Castlewood, SD

skellogg.. I am closest to Watertown (over on the NE side of the state) bout 30-40 min. from MN .. I'm getting ready to take a trip to Laramie, WY in a couple weeks..

Should people planning to be gone let cue know the dates they will be gone so Glenda doesn't arrive and nobody is home?

Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

I will be out of town July 30- Aug 6 th

Thanks, Cristy

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

Count me in......

Tubby

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ok tubby... you're in :)

Glenda will be departing soon... I will post the game thread along with her pics as soon as she is ready to go (Sunday, June 27th) I will also post the dates NOT to send Glenda next to the names of those who have posted so.

I am officially closing this thread now... but feel free to chat... its only closed for sign ups :)

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Ayrica, if you come this way on I-90 give me a holler when you are going thru! DMail me when you have time, and I can send you my info!
WooHoo! Glenda is starting her summer vacation! How much fun would that be, taking a whole summer to visit people!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Ayrica, which dates will you be out of town so that 'Glenda' knows not to show up at your house then?

also, if any other players will be out of town this summer, please post the dates so that Glenda will not arrive to an empty house for her visit...lol

Castlewood, SD

sorry I didnt post this earlier hun.. I will be away from July 3 till July 7.. and again Aug. 20 till Aug 22.
just a few days here and there... cant stay away too long the gardens turn into an amazon.. lol

skellogg.. I dont know for sure which route we will be taking, but I'll definately give you a shout if we should be going your way... ;-)

This message was edited Jun 22, 2010 8:41 AM

Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

Is Glenda packed?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Shes almost packed...lol.. you know how it is last minute.. you just know you're forgetting something

Is she Laminated?? so she can take the handling?? Just curious...

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

well, no, she isnt...but she is made of poster board.

Too Bad you can't get her Laminated before her trip begins. To protect her from the weather and (no insult intended) dirty fingers, if she decides to garden a bit. Just a suggestion. It is going to be interesting where all she travels.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I will see what I can do :).. but in the event I cant.. a player can feel free to 'protect' glenda ...lol but I'll check it out

Now, You know there is going to be someone worried,that she will get dirty.
guess I'm the one. I am so looking forward to watching her travel...

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL... notsure how much it would cost me to laminate Glenda... but it's a good idea... I'll look around and see if there is a place close to me that might laminate her.. however, I think we should refer to it as her 'sunscreen' as she might get a tad miffed if she knew we were planning on laminating her...lol

Sunscreen is Great!!! It will protect her and that is what we want to do.
thanks...

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Now why would gardeners be worried about a little dirt!!

If it has white on it, from my own gardening experience, it will have Red mud on it. Ga. has red mud, when it gets wet.
My Mule rolls in it. I don't want to give her a ride and get all dirty...

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

And here you never know what the weather will do! She might need that sunscreen in case it snows, teeheehee!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Ok folks... Glenda is just about ready to depart on her Traveling Adventures! Currently, she's doing a bit of last minute packing. Later today, we have an 'appointment' with the 'plastic surgeon' to have Glenda permanently 'sun-screened'. shhhhhhhh that's what I've told her and we will ALL stick to the story ;).

sometime today I will create the official thread and a few pics of Glenda ! I'll post the link here!

P.S. Glenda just can't wait to get going and meet all of you!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

The Link to the official game thread!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1111161/

YAY!!!!

Glenda looks great !!

This message was edited Jun 26, 2010 5:19 PM

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks! I tried to make her look a little 'tourist-y'...lol. I hope everyone is happy with the way she turned out!

Oh, I love it. So glad for the sunscreen, It will kep her in better shape so when the last persongets her, SheWill have a shape.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice job Sis! Glenda is sure to have a blast traveling around the US of A!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks sis! I finally got all of Glenda's 'luggage' together. Tonight, we are relaxing and watching some TV.

She's sooo excited, and a bit nervous. I've decided the original bubble envelope might be too big for her and might get bent in half by the postal people to fit her in a mailbox, so gonna down size so that doesnt happen to her.

But, she is basically all set to 'fly' out on Monday morning.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

***REMINDER***

In order for Glenda to make a visit to you, you MUST be listed in the Address Exchange here on DG.

You can find it here : http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/

You will not be able to locate anyone elses address unless you list your own.

If you do not list your name, you will simply be skipped over in the list as players will not be able to send Glenda to you.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Glenda looks fabulous! Can't wait to hear from her as she is traveling everywhere! How exciting!

Put a extra cardboard in there, that can be her bed. Lay Glenda on top of it and maybe it will get all the roughness , not our Glenda.
Think????

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

hmmm... I'll see if I have any cardboard lying around

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow! Glenda looks great! This is going to be a fun journey! Wouldn't it be cool if Glenda arrived at my house in time to go to the American Idol auditions in Nashville with Courtney and me! Guess we'll just have to see if she shows up before the 14th of July. Maybe she could take a picture with Ryan Seacrest LOL

Oh how cool would that be!!

So...has Glenda arrived anywhere yet???

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I don't think so, but she is enroute ;) XD

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.