CLOSED: The Adventures of Glenda Gardener (SIGN UP)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Sign - ups for 'The Adventures of Glenda Gardener' have now ended. However, players are welcome to chat until the official game thread has been posted :)

Ok, so last fall, some of us discussed doing a creative seed trade based on the idea of 'Flat Stanley' where a small cartoon cut out named Glenda would travel the country with her luggage of seed. No one would know where Glenda would end up next... but for each place she visited, she'd leave a small post card type story in the thread along with a picture of her stop. It didnt pan out last fall, but I'm here to say Glenda is just itching to get out there and meet her fellow gardeners. sooooooo, if you are interested in participating in the game.

Here's how the game works.

1) each person wanting to participate in this seed swap will need to dmail me no later than June 18th. with "Glenda' in the subject line.

2) a list of participants will be posted in the official thread titles 'The Adventures of Glenda Gardner.'. We can use this one to chat.

3) when a participant receives Glenda and her 'luggage' they make a post with a pic of Glenda somewhere in their hometown (could be your garden, a restaurant, the beach.. whatever.)

4) along with the pic, each participant will post a small post card type story about Glendas visit.

5) the participant will then pack the luggage (small bubble envy) with seed to be sent off to the next lucky player (which is to be kept secret so no one but the sender knows where Glenda will end up next). The last person left on the list will then return Glenda home.

Thats it.. sound fun? oki.. so here are now the rules:

1) you must be a subscribing member to play and you must be listed in the Address Exchange here on DG.. You must live in the US.

2) You can only send seed in Glenda's luggage. no live plants. You keep the seed she arrives with and repack with your own to send off to the next player.

3) senders will choose from the list of players who have NOT received Glenda already. Where you are sending Glenda must remain a secret.

4) when you receive Glenda, you must take a pic of her somewhere in your town and post it with a short story about her visit. Landmarks are a bonus as this is a vacation for Glenda :). I will then place (VISITED) next to your name in the players list to keep track of where Glenda has been.

5) The last player to receive Glenda will then pack her luggage and send her back home.

ideally, Glenda should have no more than 3 days at any one location. so, When you get her.. Take her pic and get her back on the road...lol

Please do not sign up if you are unsure whether you will be able to host Glenda and send her off to her next destination in a timely manner.

ok, sound fun? Soooo... lets see how many people we can send Glenda to visit this summer.. and how many interesting pictures and creative stories "Glenda" will come up with along the way.

This message was edited Jun 21, 2010 3:38 PM

Saint Augustine, FL

Hey everyone... I'm new to the website, and I'm a addict... oh wait, wrong forum for that ... =) I live in St. Augustine, FL--about halfway between Jax and Daytona...

Glenda sounds like fun--count me in!

Stephen

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Glad you decided to join us! I'll put your name on the list of players :)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Looks like we might be the only two playing lol

Dayton, TN(Zone 7a)

Im In, would love to show Glenda around Monkey Town, Tenn
Let me know what to do
Donna

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

im in sounds fun

Lake Charles, LA

I'm in too.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Awesome! the more people playing.. the longer Glenda's vacation :)

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

I think Glenda needs to make a trip to Texas! Count me in!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

you're IN!!!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I'll play...sounds fun!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

great! welcome :)

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Glenda can't just visit one location in Texas as she will not get a good idea of what this great big state has to offer.
Send her my way and I'll show her a good time!
Bonnie

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Lol... Glad you will be joining us!

Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

me too please

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

you are in :)

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

I would like to play

Oh looks like Glenda might have some great trips ahead!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Indeed, her itinerary is filling up nicely

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I would like to participate :)

ants

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ok ants, I'll put ya on the list :)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Here Cue here She needs to come to Maine!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ROTFL.. yes yes Arejay... she definitely needs to visit Maine!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Wait! She hasn't been to Wyoming yet! She needs to visit here too!

YAY!!!!

Question...Are commercial seed okay??? I don't have alot of my own seeds.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010 8:06 AM

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes, commercial seed is ok :)

yay skellogg!!!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

How about on a big red mule named Charley in Ga.?????

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Is there a limit on how many pictures and places in our areas she can visit? We have LOTS of area landmarks!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Count me in Cue! She needs to come to visit my house for a few days! Can you post a picture of her to start so we know what to expect when she gets here? That way we can get different ideas together for when she arrives.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Skellogg, you can post as many pics as you want... Where ever you take Glenda, take a pic and share :)

Mechelle as soon as Glenda is ready to go I will post a pic of her departure... That way eveyone will know what she looks like.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Yippee! DH and I love being tour guides! This is going to be so much fun! And if any of the rest of you want to come and visit, we would love to take you out touring also, teehee!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Skellogg, you may just have inspired me to take pics so Glenda can show off her 'hometown' before she departs lol

What does
Glenda Look like? i can always take her to Town and pose her.....How tall is Glenda.
If I can put a hat on a mule, surely I can put Glenda there, right????

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Glenda is actually a paper cutout...lol.

If you want to send it, I'll get you a pic. How about that??? I won't harm it and he won't either. Charley is a good boy, most of the time.
It's amazing what a cookie treat will do.....☺

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Glenda said she would be thrilled to visit you and Charlie :)

Castlewood, SD

Glenda could visit us in South Dakota !! We love having company 8-)

thank you Dear. We will take care of Glenda.

Lake Charles, LA

May I change my mind? I don't wish to take part in this at this time. I'm going out of town to help my parents with their garden and may be gone for awhile. I know it would be fun though. Maybe I can participate next time.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

of course. sad to see you go, but family and their gardens come first :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.