if you got a blue sky leaf from cazique

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

So sorry =*( to hear your Blue Sky died and hope it grow back again cross fingers! I always want this so badly when I saw my eyes at photo forum that U had so beautiful, hopefully someone might have some like your's... would love to get some from them cutting Blue Sky.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Redrose, I saw them at Wal-Mart last year. Maybe if your cousin loses hers, you can find one to share?

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Well guys..mine bit the dust! I'll keep on trying! Elaine

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

oh, so sad!!! maybe I can keep mine going and share. cross your fingers!

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

tiG when the blooms fall of do the plants set seed pods?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

well, mine didn't with the first blooms, they didn't really fully open, I must not have had it in enough light. I've moved it and it's going to bloom again. We'll see :)

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Mine has been blooming for some time now. Its opens one or two blooms a day and it looks like a small seed pod is there but so far nothing. Oh yes do you have a black potato vine? and does yours bloom?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I had a black potato vine all summer and it never bloomed. I saved the tubers for this year, in fact I'm trying to get one going now.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

my bud is almost open-its so blue! I think it will be tomorrow. I have been growing 2potato vines all winter! =]

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Gingerlily, if mine comes back I will give you a piece. Dee

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Dee. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

its open and its so pretty, so blue.
Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! Theres lots more buds on this little vine!! =]
Like a breath of spring-as the snow flies

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Hadn't checked on mine for awhile. It was sort of hidden in the jungle of my little greenhouse. Had to go check on it since reading this thread. I am happy to report that it is about a foot tall and has several little buds on it. Since it is trying so had, I brought it up to the top shelf where it will get more light and TLC. I never dreamed it would try to bloom til summer. I remember reading before that it grows so fast so I had pinched the tip off soon after I got it but it has not branched yet. Looking very healthy tho and I will be happy when I can plant it outside on a pergola that my sweet neighbor built for me. Thanks again TIG!

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Azalea,can I borrow your sweet neighbor?

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

A little over two weeks ago, I started five leaf cuttings from the one I got from Cazigue. I took five differnt-sized leaves, from the largest to the smallest, and today all but the smallest one is dead. The smallest one is looking GOOD, however, and I plan to start Round #2 will five leaves of this smaller size within the next day ro two. Has anyone else had any luck doing any leaf cuttings? I don't think seeds are really an option.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I had 3 large leaves that came through the mail that all rooted. Do it just like an african violet, put the stem of the leave in soil to where the leaf just barely touches dirt, put in good light water well and wait.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Aimee, my DD got me one from Pikes a couple of years ago -I know it was about $100.(she left the tag on). Then my neighbor saw it and copied it easily from a sheet of lattice and some scrap lumber I gave her from a pallet. It looks better than the store bought one!! I told her she should go into business.

MsBatt, I'm glad to hear your smallest leaf is making it. None of my leaves are over 3' and just yesterday, I couln't stand it any longer and cut one off and stuck it in tha same pot as the momma - sure hope it works.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

how bout a picture Azalea??

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Azalea, could you post a photo of your pergola? I might be able to do it, and if not, maybe a son will help. I will be constructing several things with lattice soon, when my new porch-turned-room with porch is finished.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I'll get a pic of the Pergola later today when the sun comes out - it's raining now.

Tig - you don't want a pic of the Blue sky do you? It really hasn't changed much at all since you gave it to me, except for the buds.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I meant the pergola too:)

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Will do!!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Ok, the pergola pic is posted in Photos! Both the store bought one and the homeade one. I think you'll be impressed!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I was!!! just love it, and have to have several!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Maybe I can get her to take orders!!! I doubt it tho - she has a full time job. What would you be willing to pay?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

actually, you know me, I'm real cheap. I saw Christopher Lowell do them and it doesn't cost much. I'd love to have them and be able to say I did them myself! If I could just get the lattice home without DH's truck, I'd love to surprise him one day:) might get it and tell him it's for something else, and surprise him:)

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Lol, Tig - I'm cheap too, or let's call it "frugal"., but I just couldn't ask her to do it for nothing as her time is so limited. I really don't know how they get off charging $100. at the nursery, but there are people who will pay it, remember DD is one. I saw a smaller version for $79. I will ask her how much she might charge if she could find the time to do a few. Boy, did we get off the subject on THIS THREAD.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

find out how much she'd charge, cause I do need more than one:)

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

tiG, you know you can find a way to get that pallet home, even if you have to dismember, I mean disassemble it. My late Honda carried several, just couldn't close the trunk. Maybe she can build one in sections and you can assemble them. Seems like shipping might be high, though.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

we're not that far away. if the price is good I can come up. I just don't want to hurt her feelings if it's something I can't afford. But she sure did do a great job!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

It's BLOOMING - at last, my little plant is still only about a foot tall, but it is proudly sporting two lovely blooms. They are more lavender than blue tho, I think they just need more sun. Can't wait til it's really safe to put it outside where it can stretch out & hopefully grow big. Thanks TIG & Cazique

This message was edited Saturday, Mar 9th 7:10 PM

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh GOOD NEWS!! It's SPROUTED !!!!!!!!!!!!I am glad it came back up again.. I am giong to repot and put in fresh soil and in big pot.. OH I can't wait for them to grow full and bloom.....

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Great!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.