if you got a blue sky leaf from cazique

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Please help. Tell me how yours is doing. I have questions here: http://davesgarden.com/showthread/109251.html

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Hi tiG,
My Blue Sky grows so great.. They grow liks crazy, I mean it grow so quickly. They are in two pots for now cause we are planning to move in Janurary as we are selling this place. I don't want to plant them in ground LOL and lost it..

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

I wonder if this is the vine I'm looking for. A man told me sky vine was the name and it does have beautiful blue flowers. Does it produce seed? Where can I find it?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I think there is a link on the thread hyperlinked above, and it tells about it. Don't know for sure where to get seeds, but there are several sources I'm sure, do a search on it. It's a gorgeous vine.

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

TIG, I got one from Caz back about three months ago, and its first flower is about to open, probably tomorrow!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

good, you can help me. The little bitty sprout I saw just a while back is almost 3 feet long!!!!!! wow, I am amazed!! Should I pinch back the tip to make it bushy or what? feed it?

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

tiG I got a plant from Caz and it is doing fine so for they send out runners that has no leaves or should I say very snall leaves at first. I have not cut mine back as of yet Don't know what the winter will do for it. I ran a search on it and I think it said it would die back about 25* but come back in the spring I think this is correct but not sure My memory is about `` that long Have fun

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

TIG, I think you probably should pinch out the growing tip---I didn't, and mine's about eight feet long now! It has begun to branch off from the main stem in a couple of places, but I really wish I had pinched when it was smaller. The first bloom opened this AM and it's beautiful. Wish I had some way of posting it, but Fred Flintstone gave me this computer.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!!!!!!! that's funny!!! LOL. I'll pinch it out, thanks for the heads up. hehehe

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

MsBatt....bet your's beat's mine...LOL

"eyes"

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

tell Fred to let BamBam fix it!!LOL

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

My Blue Sky still growing and guess I need to pinch the long runner.. I need to repot them in big pot.. Guess.. we are staying here.. not moving or sell this place.. I am going to find a right place to plant them in ground.. MsBatt.. Your Lucky.. mine did not have any bloom yet.. Hopefully next spring..

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

My blue sky vine now has approximately 5 small buds on it.
It is just doing great. Have it in the house sitting in a northwest bay window. Started out kinda slow and is really starting to take off. I kept my in the plastic bag it had arrived in for awhile, to get the root system going really good. Just kept adding water to keep it moist. I had also left the paper towel/newspaper wrapped around the root system.Potted it up only about 4 weeks ago. I will try to post pictures as soon as it starts to bloom. Maybe I can get lucky and get a couple at a time to blossom. Will keep informed on how its doing.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I didn't have roots to begin with, only a couple of leaves. I'm so happy, I actually did something right, I have 3 plants, growing very nicely and I even had one to give to Azalea when she came. Can't wait for blooms:)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

tiG,, does the leaves do root when i plant the each leaves in pot?? Tell me! I thought about try that so I can grow more of it.. LOL

I had gotten a couple of leaves from Caz as well and was so excited cause I thought they where so pretty. Had them sitting on our table in the back yard and one day I noticed the leaves where gone. The pots where still there but not the leaves. Didn't even see them on the ground or anywhere.
Well, come to find out,the oldest grandson had pulled out the leaves and crumbled them to pieces. Talk about someone being very unhappy.
If anyone gets extra cuttings or something;please let me know. I sure would love to try and start another one again.
Would appreciate it very much. Thank you
CoCo

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Dumb question time---when you try this, do you plant just the stem of the leaf, or do you plant part of the leaf, leaving the top end sticking out? Are big or small leaves better? Any info appreciated, and if I can get the hang of it I should have lots to share---my plant's growing like crazy!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

What I did....I put the stem part of the leaf in the soil. The leaf didn't touch the soil at all. You just have to be patient, as long as the leaf is green, it's working. I have two blooms on mine, I can't believe it.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I got cuttings from Larkie last year, but lost them during illness. If someone gets enough to trade next year, I will throw in one of everything I have to get one of those. I just love them. Saw them at Wal-Mart last year but never could get a price or anybody who knew how to sell it to me.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

okay and Now my blue sky have another bud which it's start opening.. Tomorrow it will be bloom!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

I took two leaves, trimmed the bottom quarter off, planted them in some moist sandy, perlitey mix, and they're still doin okay! now I see, some of you say to plant the bit of the stem of the leaf..oh dear..trail and error, I guess..let yu know what happens..I first saw this wonderful vine in New Zealand..R.rose

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

well, that's just what I did, cause no one told me exactly what to do:) if they're still doing well, that's what matters! Let us know, though, please??

Well, after about 2 wks, my leaf cuttings look ok! I'm hoping they strike...Elaine

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Today I saw my first signs of new growth! dancing all around
I cant wait for flowers!
dori

just a note here, guys!! yesterday on Victory Garden, Bob Smaus visited the Huntington Botanical Gdns in California..and one of the hedges(hedges!!!!), he commented on was a Thunbergia "Sky Vine"....by golly the hedges had to be at least 20' high!Elaine.......he mentioned(the curator, that is), in the early spring the appearance of the wall is absolutely magnificent! all blue!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I have BUDS!!!! =]

Catoosa, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi,
If any one has a spare leaf later on, I would like one. PLEEEEEASE!!!!!I have a ugly fence that needs some of these blue flowers on it. :-)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

GL, where are you?? I hope to have plenty to share in the spring, have fingers crossed.

Catoosa, OK(Zone 7a)

I'm in zone 7, Oklahoma. I have a fence that runs the entire length of the property on the south side of the yard. Just plain ugly right now. I think some of these vines would be just the thing to brighten it up.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I don't think it's hardy, I have mine in the house. but you could start it in the spring and take cuttings in the fall!! I'll let you know if I manage to keep mine over the winter!

Catoosa, OK(Zone 7a)

I hope it makes it. I guess you could cut it back and bring it inside couldn't you? I could put it in the corner of the gh.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I had mine planted in the ground and dug it up. I was worried for a while as it felt like I broke the main root. It came out of it and is doing well. Will only plant in a large pot up against the fence or trellis from now on though. It was a tough digging job.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

OK,I can't take it,what does it look like?Do I want one?Can I grow one without killing it?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/1968.html

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks tiG,I'd kill it for sure!

Catoosa, OK(Zone 7a)

I have a huge pot I could put it in. That way I could just bring it in in the winter.

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

I would sure be interested if anyone takes cuttings they can share. Surely I can find something you need in trade.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

tiG, if u have extra more in the spring and I would love to have cutting piece of Blus Sky if have.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

TiG, we call them Skyflower vines over here. Want to see a beautiful one? Ck Antique Rose Emporium in the Special Events section. They have a great pix. My Farm sells to them. ARE has cabana-type structures & these vines cover them for shade over small pots. They are really beautiful in bloom, more blue flowers than green leaves.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Sadddddd.... MIne is UGLY now.. brown and die down for the winter.. Hope they will come up... checked and there still green on stem... hopefully...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.