May, May flowers

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mau he still looks strong as do many of the others....
Looks like break time just occurred.
One women is being helped out.
Had to laugh when I clicked on this morning.
He was at one end of the truck everyone else the other.
Looks like he outlasted his deodorant....LOL!

Rainy here.
We didn't get any of the violent weather further south.
Probably two inches overnight.
Now they are calling for local flooding.

BP that plant is Thalictrum thalictroides
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1835/
Fairly common in the woods where we mushroom hunted.
These were the last blooms. Soon it will dry up and disappear for the year.

Here's Camassia scilloides .... Woodland or Wild Hyacinth
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/980/
No real impressive in this shot.

That's False Solomon's Seal in the lower left.

Ric

This message was edited May 2, 2010 9:06 AM

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here's the flower

Thumbnail by henryr10
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Quote from henryr10 :
looks like he outlasted his deodorant

LOL. Ric!

edited to add: I just checked the webcam again. He is still on one side of the pick-up bed all by himself. LOL

This message was edited May 2, 2010 8:25 AM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Fourteen contestants have now been eliminated from Stuck on a Truck! The field is narrowing! Hang in there, Christopher!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Good Bio on him!
Good strategy it seems.
Power napping helps..... some....lol!

Still raining

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Just lost another one.
Actually saw this one....lol!

(Zone 3b)

38* overcast
good morning and glad the worst of the weather seems to be over, marsue. Sounds very scary to have to take cover in the bathtub.
kelli~that's great to know about the bridge. In all the years in that area, going up and down old hwy 99, and even taking back roads from there to Auburn, I'd never heard of it. I'll pass this location along to my sister in Elk Grove. They love to take day trips on mcycle and I think she'd love to see what we had missed.
Have a good day and week.

Thumbnail by kiska
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ric: could you tell why that latest contestant was eliminated? Did he or she take both hands off the truck or something?

Nice shot of the hawk or falcon or whatever it is, Kiska. You can tell I am not informed about the predatory birds--LOL!

The skies are clearing somewhat and the sun is peeking out. Good news! It is not steamy and humid, though, like it was yesterday. Thank goodness!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Marsue, I think it is, and I'm not sure if it's female or male.

Ric, I noticed him all alone at the back of the truck too, giggle! I've been looking for the tall lilac thalictrum. I think they're a pretty plant. I just couldn't place the columbine-like leaves. The camassia is another I've considered and my soloman's seal gets a goo4'-5' tall. I love it! I dug it up from across the road, at an old house no one lived in a while. Same place I got the varigated kwanso fulva daylily. It's such a tiny flower :o)

Kiska, aren't things like that neat? You and your sister have something new to see :o) He's a fierce one!

I just got smart. I stacked the truck, and Dave's site side by side :o)

It's warming up slowly and don't go out without squiting on tthe vanilla!! We just hit 70°

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It looks like GS has changed shorts and taken the sleeves off his shirt.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, BP, at stacking the sites side by side. I've had it like that since they started this thing! ROFLOL they just had a 15 minute break. Christopher was laying on the floor. I hope he got a power nap. I think there are just 8 contestants left.

It has shaped up to be a lovely day. The clouds are moving out and the sun is out It is currently 66F.

edited to add: Kelli, we crossed. He has changed shorts--I didn't even notice the sleeves! LOL

This message was edited May 2, 2010 12:06 PM

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Yep, he must have gotten the memo about the deodorant. LOL! I wear a bandana on my head like that when it is too windy for a hat. I even have a purple one. It has flora of Joshua Tree National Park.

Marilyn, you can tell your GS that he's a big hit from coast to coast, or at least from Ohio to California. He mentioned something in his bio about surfing. Where does he go? I don't think I've seen the great Ozark Ocean. ;-) I see that they have nice prices for the 2nd through 4th place finishers, too.

Again this morning, the second thing DH mentioned to me was Stuck on a Truck. He says what are we going to do when SOAT is over. It's funny how interested we are in it. It's the novelty, I guess.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mau when they broke she had to be helped away.
When they came back she lasted about 5 minutes.
My guess just pure exhaustion.

They'll probably start dropping fast at about 80 hours.
I've done 96 hours once, but I was a pup.... ah Spring Break!
Shame his brain can't 'tape' what's going on inside..... WEEEEEE!!!!!!
Nearest 1/2 way decent surfing to AR is around JAX.
Course if he wins he'll have the truck to do San Diego.... piece of cake drive! LOL!

Still raining steady.

We headed out shopping, groceries, booze, wood, etc.... ;-)
Got pretty much all the parts to complete the new Pond.....
(Though a new term will be needed.)
Still have to hit Tractor Supply for one part.

Did hit a good Clearance at Lowe's.
Blades for the scroll saw at 75% off..... bought all 10 packs.
And a broken box of finishing nails fro 3 bucks.... usually 12...lol!

Ric

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

86°, all the rain we were supposed to get appears to be going north of us - so I am watering.

Good luck with the truck!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

HI, guys! I had such fun watching Cristopher on the truck! That's so funny! Go Cristopher!
So sorry to hear about the tornados and what they did to so many people! I'm keeping them all in my prayers.
It's very warm here in Romania, summer temperatures, about 77F=25C. Clear sky, sunny.
I have been busy in the garden, sowed some seeds and watered a lot. I had to sow grass seeds on the lawn because it got many empty spots after so much snow.
My garden today.
Have great day everyone!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

adinamiti - Beautiful!

Kelli, Mau's DGS is a hit all over to Romania too!LOL I'm watching him too!
Ric, you're too funny about the deodorant!LOL
I have strawberries blooming!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Thanks, Dyson! Another picture of the white and pink tulips.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 3b)

ric~I forgot to mention how cool that you knew the covered bridge-
marsue~just looked at the camera and see many have dropped out-is he the one w/purple bandana?
adina~things are looking very pretty at your house.
Dyson~too bad you're having to water already.
The pic I'd posted is of an immature Eagle. They are mottled and don't have white tail feathers at this age.
sunny now, and in the 40's; should reach 50, "they" say.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Boy it is nice today! I've been outside weeding, then break to eat, then back out, now I'm on a permanent break as it's too hot out there in the sun. It's mostly cloudy now, mid 70's it feels, and after two days of tornados I think we deserve it!

Nice pics, I have Christopher up all day, been checking in on him.

We had a tornadic cell come over last night, we got the northern tier of it, the actual rotation was about 10 miles south of the house here, so we were ok! Got a few more downpours after that, and no hail. Worry about my veggie garden! I need to get back out and take some pictures, but I think I'll eat first. We're going to Chinese Buffet in Benton, AR here in a bit.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Watered "the patchwork" (cannot really call it a garden), the strawberries are making some outstanding progress, The tomatoes are holding their own - I used shredded newspaper for mulch around them. The peppers looked stressed! Will add mulch at the peppers. Squash, Cucumbers, Onions and Sprouts look none for the wear but have not taken off yet. - GROW VEGGIES! (Daddy needs a salad).

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you all for cheering for Christopher with me! I have notified his brother and his mother both to tell him that my "peeps" all over the world are cheering for him and keeping up with him via the web cam. They are down to 7 contestants now. My daughter and her husband are making a surprise trip down to Conway from where they live 2 hours north of there in order to be there in person to encourage him and cheer him on.
Yes, Kiska, he is the one with the purple or blue bandana on his head. They should be giving them another 15 minute break in about an hour.

I just bought a flat of impatiens to put in my shade garden but I think I will wait until tomorrow to get them in the ground. I can't check the webcam when I am outside and the suspense is growing! LOL I also bought one of those ornamental sweet potato vines. This one is the dark purple and it has light bluish-purple blooms on it. I wasn't aware that they bloomed until I saw this one.

It is a lovely day here, though getting a bit warm at 77F.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I forgot to post this link over here. I thought you all might be interested in it:

http://www.wimp.com/snappingturtles/

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kelli: I forgot to answer your question about where Christopher goes surfing. He has cousins whom he visits every year in North Carolina and they spend a lot of time at the beach over there. That is the only place I know of where he would have had the opportunity to go surfing as we do not have the great "Ozark Ocean" anywhere around here--ROFLOL They are down to six contestants now.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi, everyone! Yayy, Christopher!!

Quote from billyporter :
Marylyn, I'm glad your back is OK! I had to giggle about keeping the snails in check. Aawww, the bunnies are so cute! How are they liking their new room? Can't wait to see the "after" tank!

Marsue, ''playing hard to get'' made me smile. Maybe she's a contestant's brother/sister and is trying to get him to let go.

Sally, ROFLOL!! Now, see, that is a theory I just hadn't considered. (still laughing...) The bunnies love their new room. We haven't quite finished decorating it... We have some friends who are moving this summer, and they are going to give us their bunkbeds. When we get them, we'll decorate around them. The bunnies are extremely excited about the bunkbeds. :-)

We just got home... After church we went to a park with our Sunday school class and had a picnic. We had a blast! One of the families brought a "Chicago ball" (basically a big squishy softball that you don't have to have a glove to catch) and we sorta played ball. I haven't played softball in 15 years, and I'm way overweight, so now my knees are killing me. And playing even sorta-softball in sandals is hard on the feet!! If I'd known, I would have brought tennies to change in to. But it was definitely worth it. :-) I'm just going to sit here, watch Christopher, and chat with you peeps while I wait for the Advil to kick in. LOL The bunnies are behind me watching "fish tv." ^_^

It is a gorgeous day today! It's the hottest day yet this year, but the humidity went down and there was a breeze blowing, so it was a perfect day to be out picnicking!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 4:53pm CDT (33 min ago)
Temperature 85 °F 29 °C (It was 90° at 1:00!)
Dew Point 46 °F 8 °C
Humidity 25%
Pressure 29.74 in 1007 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir NW 320°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 82 °F 28 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 62.1°F / 16.7°C

Tonight Clear. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds.

The bunnies, watching "fishy tv" and looking at fish books. LOL

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I worked most of the afternoon on the pond & surroundings.
Rocks are heavy! Even the little ones cause I would move a pail full at a time!

Took a while to get the water flowing that looked natural. Good thing I went to Alaska while in National Guard. I remember how the rocks looked in a natural setting.

Nice sunny day again, but windy! 60 some degrees.

We had a good day at market yesterday. Sold out nearly everything.

I haven't followed the truck thing, but wish him luck!

Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Crab Apple tree. Not as spectacular as last year.

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

My pretty poppy from yesterday morning's post has been beaten down and lost all its petals in the nearly 6" of rain that has fallen since I took that picture. Here's what it looked like this morning after an inch of rain.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Iris garden today.

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

And a bit later...
I feel as bedraggled as the poppy even though I have just been out to check the rain gauge.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Cottage garden. Large Iris beginning to open, on the right.
Came in a trade from Wandaflowers. It's "Sunshine Boy".

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High in the low 70s, mostly sunny and humid. Pop-up storms east and north of here but nothing here. Be nice if there was to help beat the humidity. lol

Gardens look great Bernie! Love the pond especially.

Mau, I'm rooting for Christopher too!! Hope he wins!!

An oldie that I got from my grandma. It spreads fast too. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Everyone's gardens look AMAZING!
Hard to believe the snow was just there less than a month ago in many cases.
In some cases weeks or days...lol!

We're STILL getting rain!
Today's has mostly been a nice slow rarely heavy rain.
Soak, Soak, Soak.....

Looks like SoaT is down to 5 now.
80+ hours.... you don't give up at this stage.... you give out.
Christopher and the women at the front of the truck look strong.
The guy next to him..... not so much.... ;-)

Ric

Ashland City, TN

First year my iris came out looking pretty! First photo is before the rain. Second photo is after the rain. Third photo is of the creek up from our home!!! It could have been worse!!

Thumbnail by scarediecat
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It looks like a tv camera is being set up while they are on break.

Ashland City, TN

Well, I guess everyone in TN and surrounding areas are in the same boat...hope it stops soon...our prayers are with everyone in this "bad weather area"!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I hope our DG friends in TN and other areas are doing okay. One of my DG friends in Mississippi had a tornado come within a mile of her house but they are okay although their electricity is off. They don't expect it to be back on for several days! :o((

Marylyn: "fishy tv"-- well that is certainly a novel way to keep them occupied! LOL
As you said, the SoaT is now down to 5, including Christopher. They have a Facebook link on the Home page of the SoaT website. If you click on it, you will be taken to their Facebook page and you can leave a message for Christopher on their "wall". You have to "join" before you will be able to leave a message. I just left one for him, telling him that you all are cheering him on. My daughter and her husband are there--I just talked to her--but she hasn't been able to talk to him so she wasn't able to give him the message about his "international fan club". She called and told me that they were starting to read some of the messages on Facebook to the remaining contestants. It would really please Christopher to know that you all care enough to keep checking the webcam to keep up with his progress. He would be delighted to hear from you even if he doesn't know you! Just mention that you are a friend of mine (say, "I am a friend of your Ma Susie's) if you do choose to leave him a message. Thank you so much for your support of him!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I left a message for him. ^_^

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you so much, Marylyn! You are so sweet!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Just routed him on also Mau.
Tell your DD to wave at the camera by the fan behind Chris....lol!

Rain has finally stopped!
Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.