May, May flowers

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

No, I did not "sign" the concrete. Maybe I should have, but I am getting so old and stiff that if I had knelt down to do so it would have taken a crane to get me back up!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_%28bird%29

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Rain done today but should fire up again tonight. Sun came out and we reached mid 60s for a high. Felt great!! LOL

Finally here is Sylvia Denny!! Pic not the greatest due to late afternoon light but you get the idea. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 7a)

After approximately 20 hours of labor, frustration, laughter, movies, cajoling, drugs, several nurses shifts, a couple of naps and 2 hotels stays...

May I present Aurora Eve Bell. 7lbs 1oz, 19 1/2", born 3:42am May 11, 2010.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Dyson, smiling.

Pepper, she's a pretty one. I'll bet the moon lights her up at night.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's the most beautiful baby born today!!!

((((BIG HUGS )))) to all!!

How many of us are there? Better start handing out the kisses!

(Zone 7a)

The funny part is...everyone thought she would be born yesterday. Being born a day late and on May 11th makes her and Darrell share a birthday! Happy Birthday Darrell and Aurora!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the crazy world Aurora!!!

I have several blooms on Sylvia Denny today.

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 7a)

Ooooooo, pretty! Clematis?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh Celia, it was a long wait, but it's all the sweeter for Darrell! Tell us again your grandparent names.

Crystal looks completely exausted and at peace!

Yep. lol.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Aurora WELCOME to Dave's Garden!
Crystal, Celia and Family CONGRATULATIONS!

Ric and Robyn

(Zone 3b)

She is beautiful, Celia. Her name is beautiful, as well. Welcome, baby~
bp~flying is common here as it's the quickest way out of the state, and w/few roads, is the only way in and out of areas.
His flight is due in Anchorage in 45 minutes. Then, an hour drive to Palmer.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kiska, an hour drive home isn't too bad. And the weather is good!

I slept in again. 46° and breezy. Rain is splitting to both sides of us, so I wonder if we'll get any.

For The proud Grandparents

Thumbnail by billyporter
Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Aurora looks so sweet! Congrats, Celia and family. I am sure lots of people have told you that being a grandparent is even better than being a parent. That is my take.

Looks like most of the rain is going to the north of us. Watch out, Ric! At least the temperatures are great for curing concrete. It rose from 58° to 68° in just over an hour this morning after sunrise.

(Zone 7a)

We will be called Oma (me) and Opa (Darrell). Very pretty peony. I love it! Thanks!

Thanks, everyone. It was a long haul but Crystal did very well. The hardest part for her was the epidural. Eeeek!

41.2 °F with 56º for the high. And more rain.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 41 °F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 39 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph
Pressure: 29.91 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2500 ft
Scattered Clouds 6000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 9000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

From the trip home yesterday.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

We crossed. Yes, I completely understand now about the saying that it's great to be the grandparent. LOL

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Celia, tell Crystal, she's even more beautiful now! (I thought that's what your names were, but didn't want to look like a fool sayingit wrong :o)

Believe it or not, it was a beautiful trip home. How serene.

(Zone 7a)

It was a nice trip. Sad to be leaving them behind but I love the scenery.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Congrats, Celia, Darrell, Crystal!! Aurora is beautiful and what a great birthday present for Darrell!
You guys have been chatty, as usual! :o)) It's hard to keep up--especially in two different "buildings"! LOL
Kiska, I know it is great to have your grandson home again--for awhile. Will he be going back to school in Iowa in the fall?
KY Sally--congrats on the new bridge! Your remark about needing a crane to help you up made me chuckle!
Dyson: I don't think that is the kind of crane that Sunfarm had in mind! ROFLOL!!
Pepper: Sylvia Denny is gorgeous! Our recent bad weather and high winds blew all the petals off my clematis! :o(((
Kelli: lovely wildflowers--especially the penstemon which certainly is notable!
So sorry for all the folks in Oklahoma who went through that terrible round of tornadoes. They said on the tv news this morning, that 3 of the supposed 5 dead were actually children who are alive in the hospital. They are listed in serious condition, though.
BP: I also enjoy your comments on everyone else's comments!

We are back to being unseasonably hot today. :o((
# Today: Variable cloudiness and windy. Hot. High near 90F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph.
# Tonight: Some clouds. Low around 70F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
# Tomorrow: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Warm. High 87F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Peach Belle rosebud yesterday

Thumbnail by marsue
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Oma Celia, German or Dutch?

Well we were going to be planting the veggies today.
As our scuba suits are at the cleaners we'll pass.

A T-Storm moved in about 7:30AM.
Still here.... lots of T and R no real wind.
We are now predicted to get 3-5" of Rain by late afternoon......
Looks like the storm will stay right on top of us for several more hours.

Ric

(Zone 7a)

Mein Bruder spricht Deutsch und hilft mir lernen.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

CONGRATULATIONS CELIA, CRYSTAL, AND DARRELL!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Welcome Aurora! Big big kiss!

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Flash flood warnings for northern Kentucky just issued. The radar looks like all the rain is still north of us. I'd like to see some gentle rain but no more flooding. Ric, looks like the worst is south of you.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

That's right Celia!
I forgot! LOL!

Still pouring and BOOMING!
Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Celia, it is beautiful scenery!

Thanks Marsue! That's too bad about the clematis petals. Any chance they'll re-grow or will they set seed? That is one gorgeous rose! I can almost taste it.

Ric, did you get drowned? I was waiting to see cabbage and tomatoes floating for a while there.

Our rain started around 10:30 am. I went for a walk this morn because it appeared to be splitting and going around us. It's been raining all afternoon and we had hot, rumbly thunder. That's the sound I wait for! I got off line so I wouldn't risk my computer and put 8 cups of rhubarb slices in the freezer. I made a batch of stewed for myself.

Now it's 51°, cloudy but brighter, breezy and we got 6/10'' rain. I hope we aren't over run with mosquitos :o(

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

74° rode through rain on the way home but we do not appear to have had any here - so it is off to water I go.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Welcome Aurora Eve Bell ! Congratulations grandma Celia and mommy Crystal! And Happy Birthday Darrel!

I have to post this quickly in case the power goes off again...I just had a scare when we got back home from work...the power was off, but it came back on real soon. When I tried to turn on the TV it didn't show anything, just a black screen, but I could hear . I thought it was something I did with the DVD last night and I turned it on too. That was a big mistake because it made a bum and broke off... again! Then I tried to see where this comes from and read the instructions for the TV. It says something about the power...so I called my neighbor and asked him for help. His father was here too, he is an electrician, so it was no big deal for him. It was just a switch which snapped off from the electric panel. Thank God he could fix it! But then the power went off and on for several times and just about now it turned on again. It's been raining with lightnings and thunders, so I think this might be the reason for the power cut.
I've been busy these days gardening , watering , vacuuming, cooking and also working on Saturday all day. Lucky yesterday I had a day off and could rest a bit.
We also got our new passports on Monday...it's only 2 weeks until we leave!
I read all your posts and will comment tomorrow at work if I have time...if not, let's hope they won't cut off the power again...grrr!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Adina where are you going again? I don't remember :-p

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Dyson, your temps sound good to me! It's too bad you didn't get rain. Sounds like everyone else is.

Adina, I think you're the only one who caught that it was Darrell's Birthday! You are having terrible weather! How lucky to catch his Dad there and find he could fix it for you. How exciting for your Daughter to have you come! When is her due date?

Happy Birthday Darrell!! This one's for you!

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 3b)

54*F windy-overcast.
Gson came to see us this morning-he plans to return to Iowa for the fall semester. He liked it down there; but his most memorable events, were seeing wild turkeys alongside the road, and lightning.
Frank has a smaller cast as of today. The surgery is healing well and he can put weight on his foot in about 3 weeks.
There's rhubarb up and in a few days, will pick the first of the season.
Have a great day to all~

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kiska, I'm glad he enjoys the states :o) He would have has some nice thunder and lightning around Iowa today!

I'll bet Franks recovery goes so much fastere this time! A smaller cast must be more comfortable.

Rhubarb for you says Spring!

52° and can you believe we just had more rain?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yayy!! Congratulations, Celia and Darrell! What a great present for Opa. ^_^ And yayyy!!! for Crystal and Graham! Wow... 20 hours... Ouch!! I was induced both times, but it didn't take that long (4 hours the first time, 1.5 the 2nd time.)

When is your daughter due, Adina? I know it's coming right up, too. :-) Yayyy! for your neighbor's father!

I'm sure Frank is very grateful for a smaller cast, Kiska. :-) Rhubarb... yummmm.... I'm still drooling! I love tracking flights, too. I do that anytime Charles has to go on a business trip far enough away to need to fly. (Fortunately it doesn't happen very often!)

There's no way I can comment on everyone's posts, so I'm just going to wave ~~~~~ and send you all a hug ((((((((((((((((Peeps)))))))))))))))))))))

You haven't missed anything weather wise here... It's hot and not-quite-as-muggy-as-usual. We had company over the weekend, with lots of group activities, so we're all still recovering from all the excitement. And the poor big bunny had a nasty cold on Sunday - which was also her birthday. When I woke her up Sunday morning, she sat straight up, said "I'm NINE!!!" and then sneezed 3 times. LOL Poor bunny. She's feeling better now, but she shared generously, so now Charles and I are sneezing and sniffing and looking bleary. Ugh... I made chicken noodle soup tonight... Hopefully it will help! Quickly! This weekend is the big bunny's annual mother-daughter Pioneer Girls camp. Oh, joy... It's always fun, actually, but those camp cots are not very comfy!! LOL Hopefully I won't still be sneezing and sniffing and keeping everyone up all night. If I am, I'll probably sneak out after Joy falls asleep and sleep in the car instead.

We could really use some of your rain!!! But not the tornadoes... on second thought, maybe I'll just keep watering the garden. ;-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 5:53pm CDT (62 min ago)
Temperature 83 °F 28 °C
Dew Point 70 °F 21 °C
Humidity 64%
Pressure 29.89 in 1012.1 mb
Wind Speed 17 MPH
G 29 15 kts
G 25
Wind Dir SSE 150°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 8 mi 12.9 km
Heat Index 87 °F 31 °C
Current Conditions Few Clouds
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 75.0°F / 23.9°C

Tonight Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly cloudy. Breezy. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 20 to 30 mph diminishing to 15 to 25 mph in the evening and to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain here again. I hope it clears up by Saturday for the RU.

Congratulations to Celia & family. Always fun to have a new member to the family. And of Grandma has to do some spoiling!

Went after the lumber for our current job. Took quit a pile!

We need to plant 2nd planting of Glads if the ground ever dries out. Soon it will be time to finish the whole garden. Any plants like tomatoes, peppers & melons go out end of May.
Early beans froze to death Saturday morning so will replant as soon as I can.

Under tornado watch til midnight. Very, very muggy out and there are storms in the area though none here close to me. It has been muggy all day and mostly cloudy. A few times the sun peeked out but not very often or for very long.

Here's a better pic of Sylvia Denny. This time you can see the details since it's cloudy out.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Here's my latest iris blooming. If it has a tag with the name I didn't check it due to rain coming back in at the time.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1096585/

Please post there.
Bernie

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Just finished watering - almost dark, timed it just right, no evaporation from direct sunlight. goodnight to all and to all a goodnight!

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

I am disappointed that we did not get rain here today, though the radar at a couple of points looked like we should. "Ground truth" said not a drop. It was muggy, and I thought had gone into the 80s, but the MMTS [max/min temperature sensor] that is my official NWS reporting device says it got only to 79.4°. There were some ugly storms with up to a couple of inches of rain in northern KY. My rhododendron is past its peak but still colorful.

Thumbnail by sunfarm

NEW THREAD: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1096585/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.