New bees chit chat - come on in!! 04/30/2010

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Spring has sprung! Tell us what's going on in your garden... Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1088575/

Come on in...

Direction for free seed here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Bed for newbies here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Jan's Seed Auction here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036526/#new

The high priestess and her Loyal followers Brug sprout off contest
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

What do you know? I'm first over!!!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Been out working in the yard this morning. Got my Plum tree planted and my wild Hydrangea that I got on Wed. I'm hoping it will tolerate the transplant and bloom for me this year. Wonder what color it will be?

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Lori, I got my Iris and have them planted. I know they are going to be beautiful. got Your yellow one in box. will mail in morning.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

HI Everyone
Lori got the iris today thank you so much now I have to decide where I'm going to put them.

Beautiful day out but storm due later tonight or tomorrow.

Look what I found when I got back home.

Thumbnail by mekos

This one opened too. AND I found another BLACK one about to open. Still waiting on the first one to open. Soon I hope.

Thumbnail by mekos

My fruit coctail tree

Thumbnail by mekos
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

mekos, I love the lite blue one. Any idea of the name?

Not a clue. I've had these for a good while and didn't keep the tags before joining DG. Never needed names before. Just like the colors.

I'll probably take some to the round up this fall. They shouldn't be hard to get up.
Got to go back to the hospital Monday for more tests to try and find the blockages around my heart and maybe soon I'll be able to do stuff again. Seray, RRM, and I want to do a round up in Agusta Ga. in September if all works out and we will post more about it when all the details are worked out, but IF we do it, I'll be taking some stuff growing and seeds for the ones able to come. Would like to see some of the wonderful people I've met and made friends with on here.

Yeah! We want to meet everyone. Come on down, up, across , however you want to get here.

OK where did Al put the pictures? Am I lost? I'm always needing help with computer stuff.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'll check it out! Are you mekos there too?

Yes

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I found it and I love it girl!

Be sure to come visit sometimes!
Good night all.

Booneville, AR

hi all it has rainedi have not caughed in over an hour my kind of day hope i don,t caugh tonight that would be great. has al got home does he have any pictures on line yet. leave him alone nettie he is probly in bed asleap. i know i would be its all the pictures im spoiled to seeing them al.im just bad please let me know when you do put them on here love nettie almost forgot mekos do you have any siberian iris ithink they are so pretty. and seam to do good here. love all of them. good night all talk later

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Mekos and Nettie, you 2 both take care of yourselves! Sure hoping that you are both feeling good, and prayers are with you. Al, where are those pictures? Rained and snowed and very windy here for the last 2 days, so have gotten nothing done outside, and the forecast is for worse weather for the next 2-3 days. Obviously, I need everyone's pictures, as it may be awhile here! At least the trees are blossoming yet, so this cold freezing weather shouldn't kill our chances of fruit this year, at least not this freeze, anyway! Night all!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I have a picture!! THe new baby is here, Mom has not named him yet but here he is!! That is Zaria holding him

Thumbnail by arejay59
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm editing my Arizona pictures as we speak. Kinda got caught up in business stuff after the trip so I've been busy the last couple of days. I'll start another thread just for the photos so not to plug up this one for everybody.

Al

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Cute kiddos Robin!

OH Robin, How precious! May God bless you all. They are Both adorable! What a blessing!
It's ok Al, I just kinda get lost when I'm not on much and lose what thread we are on so was just wondering if I was lost. Take your time. Hope you are rested from the trip some.
Skellogg, how much longer does your winter last? I'm so sorry about your snow.(;0) but cheer up you still have time to put snowballs in the freezer and use them in the summer when someone urks you. Let em have it. I do this.I been planning a trip to Ga for RRM. I got snowballs with her name right on them.(Now Charlene, you know I wouldn't really do that! Don't ya?) But you get the idea?!?
Nettie, I sowed seeds last fall and got some tiny babie seedlings. May bring them to the round-up in Sept. They probably won't bloom in my lifetime. We'll see. Here is one I got growing.

Thumbnail by mekos

Oh, she really does skellogg, don't beleive her, she is not as innocent as she looks. Watch out for Mekos, she keeps snowballs in freezer so she and that big red mule can lope them at me!!!1 How sneaky can you get. Your iris will be in mail Monday, Skellogg.
Come on nettie, I want to meet you. Come on everyone and Keep your snowballs in the cooler til we meet.☺☺

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Just getting started on my Red Rock Arizona pictures - this is just a sample. I'll get back later.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

OH AL, how nice. I had a friend that lived there for a year or so and she sent me pictures of the red rocks around and I thought it was amazing. I love the colors there. She moved back down here just a year before she died. But that is a beautiful place. One I always wanted to see.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Those are 2 precious children Robin...

Those are 2 precious irises Mekos hehe This is iris "before the storm"

Im glad my irises are back close to the house and not near the road.. stupid sucker working for the county came thru driving truck spraying round up in swirling winds of about 20 mph on the 29th(Thur) didnt spray my yard but sprayed the other side of the road like the wind wasnt gonna carry it.. By the time I realized what he was doing and ran up there it was to late he had already sprayed...I shook my finger at him (guess which one) and gave him a few choice words....

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I washed everything with water... Friday heres a pic of hosta in shade garden which is packed full of different hosta and shade plants not to mention my goth garden in there my bog garden is right there all my EE my calla lilies I am fuming... I called the judge He came down yesterday evening but told me he didnt think it was the round up because he didnt think it would go to work that fast... So after he left I went and walked down the road and found some bushes it had wilted and took a few pics of them.. He is supposed to be back Monday.. I bet he wont pay for danged thing out there tho...

OH huney, I think that was the name mine had when I got it a while back. I didn't keep the tag and it never bloomed before and I had forgot. I pull the center petals open to see inside of mine but it looks just like that. I'll have to remember the name... yea right! me remember anything?!? I have several of those. All are starting to bloom now for the first time.
That is so pretty. I have the black gamecock but it is still tiny and won't bloom this year. But it's ALIVE!

So sorry about the spraying out there. They came here a year or two ago and sprayed mine and killed my cedar tree and azaleas under it and it was waaaay down in my yard, not on road property. I had a few choice words for them too but nothing I could do. I cut them down and planted more azaleas but not another cedar tree. Now I watch for the idiots and stand out there with a camera when they come by and they leave me alone.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

This is looking from the road at what I call the shade garden or Hosta garden... Taken the day they sprayed just minutes afterwards

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Nothing grand but lots of time standing on my head planting, and lots of money if I have to go buy plants to replace them... Here is what I call the bog garden.. ha lack of bog plants but anyway...

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

This one I call the Goth bed.. It has EE and calla's ferns, peruvian daffs, cocks combs, the lil pink phlox i just dug up.. My LA irises, butterfly ginger, pink surprise lilies..IM hoping washing the plants with water right after he sprayed may have helped them.. I dont know tho..Plus it rained all day yesterday.. I will know after the first hot day we have for sure.. I have brugs planted out next to the road too...

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh well on to a sweeter note.. Sorry was just venting.. Here one of my amaryllis putting out a few blooms..

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

This is "heaven Haze" such a sweet bloomer

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Tired of my pictures yet? I have to get up and go to work but I needed a break lol... heres a picture looking across the front of my yard, part of it anyway, im hiding the ugly run away wisteria bush i need to trim up..

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Here is my peopny I dont think Its ever had more than 3 blooms..They are always pretty tho.. ok talk to you all later.. Trish

Here is my new peony bloom from MamaJack's tree peony co-op. it is so cute.
Tubby ,that oxalis is there on the right side of the tree peony. That tree peony is still a baby but ,look at that bloom. How pretty.
Lori, Your oxalis is in with your iris too. going to mail it all Monday.

This message was edited May 1, 2010 4:55 PM

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

I'm so envious of your yard. Loved the pictures. Such pretty colors. Spring has definately sprung at your house. Love it all.

Look at this bad baby. It is beautiful, gorgeous and i love it.
Mekos I still have weeds you just don't see them. Thank you, dear. come down anytime.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.