Lilacs and irises

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane - I was just thinking about you and mom the other day!!! That picture put tears in my eyes...seriously!! I love to see how happy see looks and that arrangement is absolutely gorgeous!! Do you go up on weekends to visit her...I'd love to meet you up there at some point.

I just sorta flew through this thread...more checking on mom (sorry folks) but can someone please tell me which of the Mock Oranges have scent? I'm on year 2 or 3 with the one from Bluestone - she's blooming now but the scent is SO faint again this year...I have to say I'm disappointed....

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I was going every day. Now I'm only going once or twice a week. Long story there. There's some better photos of Mom in the Mother's Day thread. It is very, very good to see her happy and smiling.

I have cuttings from two kinds of mock oranges that do have scent. If you've had the one from Bluestone blooming for that many years and have no scent, you're probably not going get scent. Remind me and I'll bring you some.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I find out that some shrubs and flowers give off their scent at different times of the day, and the intensity of the scent can very. Never kept notes. Also the old fashion verities have more scent then the new ones, they sacrifice the number and size of blooms for the scent when breeding new plants.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

hart- the white liliac baby you gave me at your swap has become a three foot high bush and really needed to move to a permanent locatin. I did that yesterday = she didn't even blink an eye, not a touch of wilt. And already starting some good suckers for sharing. I bet next year I get bloom.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.