(6 votes, 2%)
Red dot

A specific flower blooms. (what is it?)
(54 votes, 22%)
Red dot

I mow the lawn for the first time.
(20 votes, 8%)
Red dot

Houseplants get to vacation out of doors.
(19 votes, 8%)
Red dot

Shoes and socks come off and I get to go barefoot!
(22 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Other (Tell us)
(21 votes, 8%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Louisville, KY

KyWoods, I just covered my plants. I was tired of hauling them in and out. I know how ya feel!!!

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

I chose "Other" because it's a combination of so many things. Here's a list of 10:

1) The Crocuses pop up, then daffodils.

2) Migrating birds start showing up in our yard.

3) I start putting up my Hummingbird feeders.

4) Start seeing tiny signs of other plants.

5) Jackets start coming off & on & off & on &........

6) We start opening windows on the warmer days.

7) The Forsythias everywhere start to bloom. Then the flowering trees.

8) We unplug the heated birdbath

9) The grass starts turning green.

10) The trees & shrubs start to leaf-out.

These are some of the many things that tell me Spring is truly here.

(Zone 4b)

It's spring here in south central Wisconsin when the crocus blooms and the daffodils and narcissus are close behind!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

The snowbirds return to their Northern haunts. And I don't mean geese. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Sylvain.

Ocean Springs, MS

Life ain't nothin' without frogs!

Avon, NY(Zone 5b)

It's always the peepers, about the third week of March around here. And there is the old saying that the peepers have to "freeze" twice with more cold before spring is finally here.

Long before the peepers though are a couple plants that bloom that gives us hope. First the snowdrops then the Adonis.

Adonis

Thumbnail by gansurambler
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I consider it officially spring when there is no snow in my front yard. Oh, no, that is summer. Spring is when the Crocus bloom and my helleborus pop their heads up out of the dirt

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

I count on one more frost AFTER the wisteria blooms. No more frosts when the mesquite blooms.

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

I chose 'Other', spring is when the swallows return and start squabbling over the nest boxes, the crocus and daffodils bloom, the humming birds at the feeders, everything starting to green up, I can dig in the dirt, the smell in the air. I love spring, it is my favorite time of year!;~)

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Daffodils do it for me.

Launceston, Australia

I know that Spring is under-way when my Species Liliums (lily) poke their noses through the ground. Usually a week or so before hand, I step outside and you can almost taste Spring in the air which always sends a pleasant shiver down my spine.
Unfortunately, down-under here in Tasmania, I still have a few months to wait before wonderful species like Lilium amabile pictured here emerges.
In the meantime I have my Lily photos to view & post online to my website Sparra's Nest, Lily seed to sort & candle, as well as many pollinations to plan for in this coming Summer involving the Genus Lilium!

This message was edited May 1, 2010 3:44 PM

Thumbnail by sparramc
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Sparramc -- what a lovely lily! I've never been a big lily fan but this one makes me want to take a second look.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome to DG, sparramc!

Baker, LA(Zone 8b)

I know that spring has sprung when the pecan trees start leafing out.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Welcome to DG, sparramc ^_^

Seabeck, WA

I chose "other" because Spring to me is a combination of the days lengthening, the fruit trees blooming, the birds singing, the whirring noise made by hummingbirds, and the frogs croaking. It is the end of the hard frosts, promise of warmth, and the complete change in the scents... You wake up and realize all this and more- that is the beginning of Spring, to me.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

When the "Redbuds" spring forth - I know.

Thumbnail by Dyson
Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Very lovely, Dyson. I wish the forests here looked like that. I have a single redbud in my yard but have never seen them along the forest edge like that.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

You-who, isn't it time to roll out the new poll/quiz?

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

I think so too!!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

It changes a little later now, but new question should be live.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.