Offers and Requests for Mount Bethel Swap June 5th 2010

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

HollyAnn,

Would you still have a Campanula Pink Octopus available? Thanks, Jessica (Gardadore)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, I do. I may have a problem though, Ric and I are still in Fl. will not be leaving until Wednesday at the earliest. There is a chance that we may not leave until later in the week or maybe longer. At this point I'm not entirely sure that I we will make the swap. I have friends that are recent DG members that have been thinking about coming up to the swap and maybe we can send plants with them if we can't make it. Right now it is a take it day to day and see how things go. Holly

Athens, PA

Gardadore -

I have some pink octopus campanula that I can offer - if anybody else is interested in this as well, I can extend the offer to them as well.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

wind

may i have a pineapple sage and a pink cleome?

thanks

teri

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Wind. If Holly doesn't have any more I would be happy to accept your offer!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hello all, sorry to say that we will not make the swap this weekend. We are still in Fl. and will be here for a few more days. Just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to send my plants to the swap and those of you who have so generously offered me plants should pass them on to other takers. Looking forward to pictures. Holly

Athens, PA

Flowerjen - do you have any of the Colrain Red Monarda left? If so, I would love to have some please.

Gardadore - would you have any of the white lupins left and the Knautia Macedonia? I would love to have some of that as well please.

Lori - if any of your Forget Me Nots are left, I would like some of those too please.

I will update my lists tonight - the last couple of weeks have been difficult - work keeps sending me to Boston....

P.S. - I did see that Kat had some requests and I will be adding her requests to my lists as well.

This message was edited Jun 3, 2010 3:36 PM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Gotcha Carolyn.

Athens, PA

Flowerjen-

Thanks

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh gosh, Carolyn I feel horrible.... I went to go check on the Monarda and they were diseased. I had to yank them all up and throw them away.

Sorry!!!!!

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Carolyn22,
Knautia Macedonica is no problem except that having to pull a fresh one tomorrow may mean that it will not have recovered transplanting by Sat. It may look limp but will recover, guaranteed!

My lupines are all seedlings which emerge next to the big adults. Since my colors are so mixed there is no guarantee that what I dig up will be a white! Best is for me to collect seeds and send them to you. Even then one cannot be sure that the colors will come true because they do cross pollinate a bit. In recent years I have tried to cut off the purple and not let it go to seed so much but still I have purple, pinks, reds, white and some in-between all blooming together! Just trying to get non-purple is a challenge - don't think I can isolate a white seedling - I tried earlier with no success.

Athens, PA

Flowerjen - totally understand, it is ok.

Gardadore - the limp Knautia is fine, it will come back and the lupine seeds are ok too. I have been trying to get just some plain white ones and it is apparently not a common color as fas as lupines are concerned.

I pulled some things last night and I am hoping they recover by Saturday.

Thank you both.

i have given up trying to pot up and dig up any more stuff. if anyone wants a clump of monarda or any cuttings, there will be plent of help to get it done tomorrow. i will rest this wrist today so that the angry swelling might lessen.

can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

sorry to say with puppy ville... I might not be able to stay long... but I will try and come and drop my plants off for you guys

come in time for lunch (about 1). at least you can take a doggy bag home if you can't stay to eat here. how are lily's puppies?

This message was edited Jun 4, 2010 8:02 AM

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Wind,

May I accept your offer of pink octopus campanula if you have time to dig some up since Holly can't come? See you tomorrow!

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Gardadore, the pink octopus campanula wasn't ours??? sounds interesting though lol

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Carolynn22 has the Pink Octopus.

Added: Still participating in spirit. LOL

This message was edited Jun 4, 2010 1:18 PM

holly,

you and ric will truly be missed!

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Ditto

hope all goes well in FL

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Sorry about the mix-up, Wind! I'll accept some Pink Octopus from whoever has them!! LOL
Sorry to miss you, Holly and Ric, but hope things go well!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Have a blast folks! I'm sure you will! Don't eat too much or take too many plants home
SNORT! guffaw!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.