Help with aloe

Fort Wayne, IN

I have two large Aloes that threw a bunch of babies last year and I have got to seperate and repot. The two main large aloes have a deep stem where leaves have fallen off. My question is : Can I cut the roots off with some of the stem and restart the plant so I don't have to use such a deep pot and if I can how do I do it? Thanks for any help.

Keaau, HI

For the plant to get large and mature, get a larger pot and don't mess with the roots.

Fort Wayne, IN

Thanks so much for the info. I have alot of aloes thats for sure. Last year I was surprised by a flower.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

acts238 ~ my answer is probably after the fact but yes the Aloes can be separated. Some Aloes tend to clump and reproduce many plants. I make sure they have some starter roots before I remove them from the plant. They can be cut. You should allow the plants removed to cure and callous over before repotting them. Then, you will have plants to share with others. Which aloe are you growing?

Fort Wayne, IN

I did transplant all my baby aloes after I let them heal over a bit, Oh my I had pots all over the place, gave some away and lost some but I still have another huge pot of them. They are the aloe vera or medicine aloe. I will try to take a picture and post. Thanks for all the very good information it helped.
Grace

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.