Its Spring!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I don't know the name of mine either... but colors look close to Holly's ... they were supposed to be a pink & yellow mix... so much for that.. all yellow

Thumbnail by onewish1
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Pretty daf, Onewish. None of my "pink" ones have shown up yet either.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

My gardens are going crazy. LOL

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

see you are wayyyyy ahead of me!!!.. but looks great!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

That is one of the sunniest beds some of the tulips that are later blooming or in shadier areas aren't blooming yet I have a few daffs in those shady spots that aren't quite blooming either. Really I just can't get over the Hellebore the number of blooms on these things are just amazing.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This is just a small bed that is near the garage I just love these tiny daffs with the bleeding heart.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Congrats on the Reticulated iris bloom, Holly!! I know how it is when they finally show. Those type must be pickier than I thought? Those are lovely daffs, too. Mine have already ran their course and are finished. I have those early little yellow ones " Tete-a-tete (spelling?) I think that's what they are.

I'll get some pics today--I had to clean and weed beds and it took me all day yesterday!! The recent heat wave and cool rain seemed to trigger a population explosion!!

Pansies that I started from seed last year..."Caramel Spice." I also raised "Old Guard" (bright yellows and purples and whites) and both types are mixed together in here. I want more of each and then separae the colors for a porch pot later. I liked the Caramel Spice colors for the front porch as they look better with the bricks and door color.

Thumbnail by Foxnfirefly

Virginia bluebells--the recent rain on Friday beat them over. Oh, well.

Thumbnail by Foxnfirefly

Here's some native dogwood flowers--we have several trees like this. The blooms are big this year--about 5-1/2" to 6" across.

Thumbnail by Foxnfirefly

A front yard bed of tulips. I lost some of the black, purple and orange ones, it seems. They've been in the ground since fall 2007. Their under another dogwood.

Thumbnail by Foxnfirefly

A bed of yellows--Leopard's banes, Lady's mantle, a coreoposis (just coming up) and some columbines (not yet in flower). I started some yellow foxgloves from seed but I don't think they are going to deliver this year.

Ignore the weeds. We have a field of wild violets, snowdrops and muscari and other things not-so-pretty. One day it will either be a madow or a decent lawn of some sort.

Thumbnail by Foxnfirefly
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love the pansies!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Foxy everything is so pretty. Love that stone wall.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Bleeding heart in garden area started last fall.

Thumbnail by greenthumb99
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

A favorite azalea of ours with delicate red veining in the white.

This message was edited Apr 12, 2010 9:21 PM

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Kerria japonica 'Pleniflora' blooming in our woods.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Saxifraga virginiensis volunteer in joint of old patio where I had some pots of the plant stored a couple of years ago. Healthiest, most robust specimen I have seen in the wild or in garden, of all places.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

how neat... I was amazed as a child that my grandmother had pansies & petunias growing in the cracks of the sidewalk in front of our house

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey you all!

I stopped at Lowes (yes i did!) and was looking to see if they had gotten in any Clematis--as i am by now really trying to find a couple that I would like to buy....

They had just gotten in a slew of carts with all kinds of things--and ONLY one shelf--on ONE cart had Clematis on it.
Guess which one????

You all have always said how beautiful my "Multi Blue Clematis" is---Well---ALL the ones on that one shelf were "Multi Blue" ones.....Hope you will run to your local Lowes and see if they gt the same ones in.
NOT likely--but the way HD and Lowes seems to be--is you get whatever you get---BUT! They all will be the same variety. So--it is possible that different Lowes got one variety of some kind--NOT necessarily the same one...
I think HD does the same thing.....

IF you would like to call and ask--do! This is one VERY beautiful Clematis! I have now had it for several years.
The first bloom flush is amazing! There is a second one--but never as nice as the first....Dah!

Here is mine in 2007.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nope no multi blue at the one I went to

:(

here is my damage

http://davesgarden.com/community/journals/vbc/onewish1/86364/

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Onewish I was looking at those yellow twig dogwoods just the other day. Very nice selection you got.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks... Randy wanted the yellow go to between the 3 reds we bought last year.. and I can say HE spent the most money on one plant.. he picked out the willow salix... we already have one in a container in the yard... and when I told him the tree form.. or standard was the same as our shrub.. he thought it was the coolest thing... going on and on how it must take years to get it that way... how could I say no

Greenthumb--I envy you for your bleeding heart floorshow!! Mine have stayed small with a single flower stem for two whole seasons now. Not sure why.

Thanks onewish & Holly--the stone wall houses chipmunk apts. They disappear into the wall all the time.

Next up--the wisteria and one lilac bush just opened up!!! More flowers than ever before!! I'll get a pic this weekend. The azaleas are also awakening with blooms!!

This message was edited Apr 16, 2010 9:37 PM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have those apartments too

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

AHHHHH, Lilacs!!!!

Mine just started blooming too. These are old--and the bush is woody, but the fragrance is heavenly!

I have cut out some of the older stems and there are new ones coming....take a while for them to "grow up"....

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Gita, I can smell them now! Lovely!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice.. love the color too

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Everything here is getting ready to bloom. I'm waiting for my lilacs to pop, Gita. I have some Lilac Josee that will bloom again after they are deadheaded. They are more pink than the other lilacs and stand upright with a pointed top.

I'm getting ready to pot up all the off shoots that I'm finding before a really clean out the beds.

Here's one of my Caryopteris and I'm finding lots of Russian Sage also

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Teri the one you gave me last year is up and going!!!... thanks!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.