Iris Swap 2010

Santa Ynez, CA

It is two days early, but I can't wait, so gather one and all, let's get the ball rolling.......Here is the thought or thoughts......at least 8 tall bearded named irises........healthy and good sized, nothing you yourself would not want to get......this will be through March so everyone can get a chance to sign up. I welcome ideas, but I think we should keep it simple, if there is enough people interested in a"noid" swap I will be happy to do that too, just give me some feed back:) if there is something I did not cover here let me know....
we will dig and ship at the time appropriate for iris, July/ August, I think everyone is fine with that.
Ok, start listing your names, I think the best idea will be to d-mail me your addy's, ok??? this should be fun:)

Thumbnail by makj
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

count me in.I'm going to stick with the named iris swap.

Santa Ynez, CA

sounds good

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

This one is for me :)))

Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

Count me in for both a named iris swap and a Noid swap.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Yes for named iris swap.

sending my address.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

count me in for the named Iris swap.. thanks!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Also count me in for the named iris swap.

Thanks, Maxine

Santa Ynez, CA

A question came up about asking your partner for certain iris, I thought we could do one of two things, either total secret, you don't know who the person is until they send you your iris, two after I draw names, I d-mail you the person you have and you two can talk about what iris you want, that may start to complicate things, however I will go with the majority.
This is About town

Thumbnail by makj
Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

I go with total secret. I have got quite a few iris...but will feel bad if I don't have the ones my selected partner wants.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Count me in for the named iris swap.

With DEB On This one it is find to know who we are to send to & recieve from . BUT I DO NOT THINK We
Should ask for what we would like I think we Should Take the chance they send what we do not have , But if we get what we have will that is the chance we take , but there is so many out there I hardly think we will get to many DBLS
:) .
I have over 200 but there are many that are not ready to share . So NO On Asking .
Only Because I Hate to tell anyone no its not ready :))

Not sure if others do this but when i get my name to send to I usually will go to their trade place to see what they have if any so I do not send what they have .
if there is no list i will dmail them to ask the type they like TB, Im,Sdb Frag, Reb, ECT .
thank you for hosting makj

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

total secret for me.ya get what ya get.

Santa Ynez, CA

well sounds like we should just go with total secret and get what we get, I agree I think we shouldn't have too many doubles, it is amazing how many irises there are and how many different ones all of us seem to have.......so TOP SECRET SWAP it is, it will be easier that way too:) and your welcome deejay9 :)
iris is Kind word

Thumbnail by makj
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

total secret.. &:-) just my two stems worth. &:-)
oh I mean cents!
thank!

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Count me in, D-mail will be sent with my address.

Named iris.

This message was edited Mar 1, 2010 1:00 PM

Hi Marsha Long time & I'm still Enjoying all the blooms we have shared :))) Happy were going secret love surprises .

susie

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey back Miss Susie !!

Winnsboro, TX

I'm in on the named Irises. I agree everything total secret. I love it when I don't know who I'm getting something from. That adds to the excitement as far as I'm concerned.

Sending my addy to ya!

Eighty Four, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm In!

I think it should remain secret!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I'm in! Secret for sure -- of course I hope I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. LOL! There's still snow on the ground here and more on the way.

Roni

Santa Ynez, CA

secret it is........and keep the names coming:) I am writing them down.................

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Temperatures have been so cold for so long I might try to grow them here in FL.

Santa Ynez, CA

well look at some of the extreme temps people grow them in, Utah has heat, and snow, we have some hot, hot, summers here and they seem to take it all in stride.........

Santa Ynez, CA

only have six of ya all so far.......where is everyone hiding???
Sunset Point

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

thanks Deb.........

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Am I on your list?

Maxine

I would be intersted in playing again this year. Last year was fun. Kathy

Spicer, MN

Sounds good! Thank you for all your work Deb.

Sharon

Philadelphia, PA

Marie count me in

Mit

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Count me in too please..

Santa Ynez, CA

thanks all, send me your address by d-mail, this should be fun:)

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I would like to do both the names and no named ones but I won't have iris till the middle of Aug when everyone digs here is that all right?I like the surprise of the gift. Susan

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Makj,
Please count me in for the NAMED iris swap.
Thanks for hosting .

Santa Ynez, CA

Hi Susan that is fine to dig in August, most all of us will be digging in July and August.
Willit_Grow your welcome and thanks for joining us.......
thanks for joining Mit
and Maxine yes you are on the list:)

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Count me in makj! Named not noid please. I too agree that the surprise package is the best, but I always look at my partners have's and want's lists. I love it when I can include a few that have been sought after for a long time. :-)

Rox

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I wish I had iris to trade, but all I have is some plain iris that I rescued out of a ditch. Maybe next year I'll be able to join your swap. Good luck to all.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Surprise, I'm able to join the swap. Count me in. I don't care what Iris I get as long as I get irises.

Marti

Spicer, MN

I signed in but didn't specify what I prefer. Is that all right? I would like named TBI's. Thank you!

Sharon

I just assumed this was for named ? At any rate named.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.