Iris Swap 2010

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Red, my dearest friend Esther Mae has Parkinson's. She is 87 and still going strong, just slower. Especially in the early am. God bless you and I am sending some of my angels to help you on a daily basis.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Red, I went to her website, I am going to have to order from her, because she gave me a whole new idea on a themed garden. Not much into themes but I love all the song titles on her iris...... It's My Party, Staying Alive, Rock and Roll Girl.....oh how fun.....that would make me smile everytime I went out.....
I have an old jukebox and I love it, I had so much fun finding records for it.....

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Hey Sharondippity we will be having a iris sale in aug. any thing you are looking for? I'm glad some thing I sent did good. Thats such a pretty pink. I"m trying to find a place with names for the really old ones so I can get my granddaughter's one iris named, it is darker purple this year and looks like a space ager. But we know its been where its planted since at least 1969 they live in old base housing. I'll try and get a picture of the bloom maybe some one one here knows it. Susan Well daughter sent a picture so I got to include it. lol

This message was edited Apr 19, 2010 12:10 PM

Thumbnail by susan505
Santa Ynez, CA

here we are getting close to the deadline, anyone else that wants to join this.....d-mail me.......

Gainesville, TX

susan505..I got the hots for Louisa's Song , more I can't think of right now....My Roswell UFO is still shinin'.
Jackieshar

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

What a gorgeous iris, "Red Rider"!!

Maxine

Frost here this morning. Temp. right now is sitting at 29 and sunny.

Maxine

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Just checking to make sure you have me on the list.....Named and NOID swaps.

Thanks!

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I'm glad its still shinning, lol. He is now making rose's and other flowers that are really neat. Susan

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

FEW BLOOMS HERE TODAY
THIS IS FIRE STORM SDB

Thumbnail by deejay9
Gainesville, TX

Susan, I am working on updating my iris Journal on Dave's , I have a bunch and they really are doing well this year. My gardens look great for just 3 years. Might I have something you are looking for?

My girls got me this one (Mother's Day) along with wearing rubies when they still cost a fortune, a couple of years back. It has multiplied well. Ruling Lord

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Gainesville, TX

Maxine,
if you like Red Rider you will love Dynamite

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I will add Louisa's Song to my list to look for when we dig this year. I'll get on your site and look and see what you. susan

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh my Sharon, you made my old heart go pitta pat big time.

Would you have an extra rhizome of those two iris that I love!!!?
Red Rider and Dynamite.
Those two iris will make any one stop in their tracks and say WOW!

Looks like a nice day here. Will have to get out and take some more pics of the blooming SDB iris

Maxine

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"evening drama"

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"afternoon Delight"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Matt McNames"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"deep dark secret"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"kathy Chilton"

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

beautiful iris! my want list just keeps growing!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"october sky"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"dancers edge"

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

OOHHH!!! AAAAHHH! Keep those photos coming! Mine are just getting ready to open....maybe next week!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"Neon at dusk"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"arms wide open"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"electric shock"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"Maripose Autumn"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"Chocolate chess"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"laurel Park"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

"crystal fountain"

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Spicelord after the rain

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

trend master"

Oh what beauties!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh my, you should have warned me. I drooled all over my keyboard.

Maxine

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

My Love is the Spicelord after the rain would go great in my heaven named garden :)
Love the pic's

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

TY.. I should have an extra "Spicelord" later Dee remind me....I bet we can fix you up..Trish

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

huneybunch, is that the true colors of "deep dark secret"? That is beautiful....course they all are, but love that white around the tips. I have buds but no blooms yet, hope the wind dies down before I have blooms!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi, gang!

I'm still lurking out here and enjoying your pictures. My few rescue iris are starting to bloom. Doesn't look like any are as spectacular as yours, but their iris and I love them.
My understanding is if there is a 'beard' on the lower petals than it is a bearded iris. So far the one purple on that is blooming has beards on the lower petals.

I'm getting the yard under control and getting things planted. Having trees trimmed today to open up the yard more. One tree is being removed. These maples have never been trimmed and are 50 feet tall or more. The tree trimmer is bring in a bucket truck to get up to the tops to start cutting them down to size.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Huney, would you have an extra rhizome of "Neon at Dusk". Sure would like to get one of them.
I could trade you if I have something that you want?

Maxine

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Yes Happgarden thats the true colors of deep dark secret.. It is such a beauty.. The blooms are vibrant and long lasting the stems were loaded with blooms...Its ruffled.. Im just drawn to each time I head to the garden...

Gainesville, TX

Ok...I am ready to do some serious kissin' up.........huneybunch and sweet thang, you sure have some beauties, and a few I don't have.......I like um all, but your dark ones are scrumptous

Maxine.....are you on for the trades with majk?...a named iris trade and a trade for no-ids coming up....that's how I get a lot of mine,

Whatcha think of Miami Beach, a new bloomer for me this year. I got it last summer from Denise's leftover PNW

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.