Cartin it around- wheelbarrows, carts, what?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am still down with my lung infection so can only dream about gardening. Our weather is just marvelous. Let us see where this gets posted.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I have D-mailed Admin.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I got this garden cart at Lowes last year. It's so hard to push a wheelbarrow up and down hills around here and most garden carts are pretty awkward too. I LOVE it. It's like a giant bucket with wheels and a handle and is so easy to pull or push around. By far the best thing I've ever had for hauling dirt, mulch, whatever around the yard. Home Depot carries it too.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_231267-84396-17182462_0_?productId=3107149&Ntt=wheelbarrow&Ntk=i_products&pl=1¤tURL=/pl__0__s?Ntk=i_products$rpp=15$No=15$Ntt=wheelbarrow

Thumbnail by hart
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes I noticed it too.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh yes, Little Bit does have a standing invite. LOL
Besides the standard type wheelbarrows the rusty old job and the new shiny one with the no fill tire. We have this cart. Josh drug it home, when he moved into his own home it did not go with him. He did mention something about it being his cart and I said something along the lines that I thought he brought it for me. I am ignoring any other discussion on the issue. LOL It doesn't really replace a wheelbarrow at there are things you do with a wheelbarrow that you can't really do with this and it is wider than my wheelbarrows so I quite often have to take it around the yard as I can't get it through some of the paths. Like the arch in the clipped yew. I can get a wheel barrow though there but not this cart. But it is really great when you are pruning shrubs and things like that it can really hold a lot. Great for things like grass clippings, leaves and mulch. It is made out of plywood with a couple of bicycle type tires much like the smart cart. Have to put in a pic later.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Here you go.Hi Sharon,

I think it's related to some pesky time stamp issues - here's a thread where we're discussing it and any other oddities you spot now that the migration is complete: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1079436/

Happy Gardening,
Terry

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

hart- I was eyeballing that cart somewhere too. So nice to get real user input. By the way the other day I noticed a list here in DG somewhere of product reviews. Like Plantfiles, for stuff

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Hart,

On Tuesday I bought my grandson the childrens version of the cart you have shown above. Once he got the idea that you pull it instead of push it, we were able to travel all over the store with him doing the navigating!! I cost $10.00 and the long handled spade, rake and hoe were $2.50 and the hand tools even less!! He's 3 years old, but he knows that we will have lots of work to do in the coming months.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Roses, I think we need a photo of that grandson with his cart. :>)

Sally, get you one. I can't rave about this thing enough. It really holds a lot of material too and because it's so deep, it's much better for lugging around tools, sprays, etc. It doesn't wobble and tip on rough ground like a wheelbarrow.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

As soon as I see him again I will take the pictures and post it.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

i think I saw one of those tall wheeled buckets at WalMart recently... will check for it. Thanks!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Check out this neat thing I saw at the garden show. A steal at $265.00 and Critter you never have to worry about getting a flat tire. LOL

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Absolutely! Think of how much you'll save on tire maintenance. Got a good deal at the Hagerstown show on a vintage one last time we went, but haven't done anything with it yet. This year's show is next weekend and it is on Critter's events list.

The tall wheeled bucket looks handy, but after yesterday's yard work picking up all the branches, I don't think I could bend enough to reach inside it. At least I didn't come away from the day outdoors with a bloody nose like DH.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Walmart- I think thats where I saw it too. (tall wheeled bucket type cart)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Really guys what is wrong with my old cracked recycle bin???? I tied a string to it so I can just pull it around on the ground and it is the perfect height to put weeds in when I'm down on my knees ;} LOL

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I saw some of the bucket carts for children at Walmart, haven't seen the regular adult sized ones here.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Found another model for Critter to consider.

Thumbnail by greenthumb99
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Costco had those wheel barrels last year. I was reaching for one when DH said, do you really need that. I did not get it so I guess the answer was no because he really does not deny me anything. I now think I need one because my Man size wheel barrel is getting to big for this frail little old lady...LOL

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

That is really cute.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Thank you Holly, it was suppose to be. Why did I not do this well in school. You guys get it, my teachers did not. They did not have a clue. I think I was before my time. I was actually told, "If you will not conform, you will not succeed". Well they ate those words. Na na nanat a, na na nanat a, na na natna, a a a... I hope you get that.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ROFL! Is that wooden barrow at the Hagarstown show? I might need to try harder to get up there today...

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

It is indeed from the Hagerstown show. Someone else had some interesting fountains. Overall, we would have skipped it had we known how little was there. We did stop in Frederick on the way home at the Chinese buffet, though. Still feeling a bit stuffed.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ok I been looking for a good pic of my garden cart loaded down. Just couldn't find anything but this pic. A cart like this has a lot of good points but also some limitations. It will haul large loads of clippings grass, branches from pruning. I can really pile it up and it holds a lot more than a standard type wheelbarrow. Great for moving flats of plants. I can also tip it up and sit it on end and push things in that way. Like raking leaves and mulch in and then tipping it back or heavy rocks that I can work into it without picking them up. Sometimes a bit like a dolly where I can tip it up slide a large plant in and let it sit on the end and then tip it back just a bit so it is somewhat upright. It is really easy to push around. But it isn't good for working in small places. I have trouble getting it thru some of my gates and down some of the paths. It also won't go through areas as easily as a one wheel wheelbarrow. All in all it is a really good cart for certain uses but you wouldn't want it to be the only wheelbarrow you have.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Forgot pic

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.