New bees chit chat Come on in!! 2-8-10

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

New Thread......http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078031/ ..................New Thread.........2/25/10

Come on in... We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1072818/#new

Direction for free seed here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Bed for newbies here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Jan's Seed Auction here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036526/#new

The high priestess and her Loyal followers Brug sprout off contest
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

This message was edited Feb 25, 2010 2:45 PM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning anyone awake???

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Morning Robin - First coffee pot on, happy Monday!

You should get lots of sunflowers in the mail today for your Newbie packs. Enjoy!

Al

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Al,
I always love packages of seeds for the newbies!! It doesnt seem to matter how many show up...I enjoy each package each time...

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Morning , How is everyone this fine gloomy morning LOL Suppose to start snowing here again late tonight. Another 5-6 inches Yuck!
Did somebody say it was close to Spring? :)))))))))))))) When and where ?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello, hello...you hoo where are you??/

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Pretty here. 30 degrees so it is cold.
Good Morning everyone.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Flower!! RRM nice to see you.

Good morning! Still morning right? Nice and sunny today. Maybe I can wade out and prune my roses. LOL Still have coffee is that pot AL?

Noble County, IN(Zone 5b)

Good day everyone.
Flower, you heard 5-6 inches for you? I heard 8-12 inches for us, I may lose my connection during that storm, where I am located I have spotty service anyway! I only have good connection in one spot in my house, :-( , but at least I have that!

May have mentioned this already, but I ordered my begonias the other day, I can't wait til they get here! I have some very nice shots of last years efforts, sadly, they are trapped in my cell phone.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I'll cook up a fresh one for you'all

Al

Pearland, TX

HI All! My name is Melissa. I'm in Houston, zone 9. Anxiously awaiting real spring. Lots and lots of plans in mind, including getting Dh to build me a new bed. :D

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi Melissa - Welcome aboard our crazy train! Lots if fun people here, just watch.

Al

Enid, OK

Hey Melissa - I am Lori - in Oklahoma. I know nothing about anything but am learning from all of my wonderful friends here. Jump righ in - and Al, where is that coffee, I could use a pot about now! Been a wild morning around here. The big storm may miss us, may not, won't really know until later this afternoon - what we have gotten so far is no big deal.

Gotta go bake a cake for my son's surprise senior night at school - not a surprise to anyone else, just me, he called about 9 a.m. and again a few minutes ago. First call "mom, I need a cake", second call, "is the cake done?, can you bake an extra one for me?" Dang I love that boy!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good morning peeps!

Hi Melissa and welcome! Finally another gardener from the land of the blazing summer sun... even though I think nothing compares to Phoenix, Houston is pretty dang close!

Kelly (but you can call me loca...)

P.S. Love your critters there Robin!

Enid, OK

Robin - perfect video - exactly what I was looking for, except I am gonna use contractor bags. I may double them just in case, I may do it both ways as an experiment.. and when do you sleep? You were on here at 3 a.m. and back by at least 9 - got a little insomnia goin' on there?

Beautiful deer in the snow.
Hello, Melissa, welcome aboard. You are going to love it here. The girls are zaney and wonderful.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Hi all.. Welcome Melissa glad to have you here with us...You will find these ladies and gentlemen are extremely nice people with lots of knowlege to share..To me they are an extended part of my family and I visit here every chance I get.. I think we all are ready for spring.. I hope all of you getting blanketed in snow are keeping warm.. Cold here this morning, looks like it is trying to rain...

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Melissa dont forget to hit arejay up for your newbie seed packet.. With spring so near it will be exciting to get free seeds in the mail.. Plus Al is sending some great sunflower seed assortments her way.. which reminds me I have some seeds I need to send out to you also Robin...Just have to stop being lazy and get them in individual packages for ya... hugs to all...

Pearland, TX

Thanks for the welcomes. Already hit Robin up. That's how I found my way to the thread. :) I'm going to lose it if we don't get some sun soon here. I miss my yard being dry enough to walk on. I have been consoling myself with wintersowing, but at some point, you run out of room and the neighbors start looking at you funny.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

KCS are you still here? they arent stuck in your cell phone...dmail me I can help you get the pictures off!! Who else is here did I see Seray up there somewhere? What video did I post that helped someone? Ive been gone for 1 1/2 hours and already you are all way ahead of me...Whenever you are ready Lori and if you cant get to the sorting send the bulk I have helpers!!Was it you lori that said you were sending seed?
Hi Melissa yes we have met!! Hi Melissa

Booneville, AR

hi melissa good to have you you are going to love daves garden, we all do. for now this snow could go away they are saying we could get 4or5 more inche don,t need it. oh well just go with the flow. afternoon all. nettie

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Enjoy the snow my southbound friends! For once we got off clean as a whistle this time. Absolutely no snow at all. It's dern cold up here though.

Our Lowe's just got their new seed rack in yesterday, and I bought another 3 cu. ft. of indoor potting mix (frozen hard as a brick) from their cold warehouse. Okay - Spring's coming, but not too fast around here. Time for more hot coffee, I'll give it a thought.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Al said he was sending sunflower seeds and I am going to get some seeds together for you also..
The video was the trash can video for potatoes...(I think)
I am winter sowing also(my first year) I have little sprouts up in several containers..Im waiting for my Dad to bring me some more milk jugs I have lots of things I want to ws still.. I dont have any neighbors nearby, but DH is starting to look funny at me... I guess he dont understand how many plants it takes to fill a flowerbed or 10.. lol

ooops edited for spelling

This message was edited Feb 8, 2010 2:17 PM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thats ok Huney just keep planting he will understand eventually ,that you have completely lost your senses since arriving on the newbie thread, and that you are perfectly ok with that idea.

Pearland, TX

Huney, my Dh thought I was crazy too....and then I caught him checking the jugs for seedlings....Hah! Actually, he's known I was crazy since I told him that I was a geologist when we were dating.

And the new bed is entirely of his doing...he wants corn, I told him I needed a new bed. Bonus is that I can grow okra in it during the summer. :D

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ha ha ha - so are you really a geologist or was that the hook line and sinker ploy to nap the DH??

lol...

Pearland, TX

Nope, really am a geologist. Dh claims that its much harder to be married to a geologist because I expect flawlessness in my gemstones. Which is not true...I just expect them to be better than the rest..and I know how to check them. And if they are unusual, even better.

I am constantly on the lookout for rocks to display in my gardens much to his disgust. He's going to be in real trouble when I get back from Montana this summer....there are good rocks up there to bring home.

Hey, AL> I got a care package in the mail today.... Hugs....you need lots of hugs.....
I will think of you when I get them planted.
Love the Card too.
Hugs and nuzzles from the longear gang.
Love ya,
Charleen

Booneville, AR

hi star my garden is held togeather with rocks love them and they are free. my grand kids collect rocks they leave them in the yard, dh hits them with the lawn mower. thats not good. we have a friend who is a rock hound, she gave the granddaughter a nice tiger eye. have to watch the little darlings they can do real damage in my rock garden. nettie

Booneville, AR

good afternoon al that was a nice surprise thank you 10 times over. nettie. you made my day !!!!

Hi Sapphire! Welcome to DG. Love gemstones. My DH bought me a blue sapphire for an engagement stone. jyotish quality I almost passed out. I returned the gift with a red coral cabochon. Didn't have a nickel to our names and every penny went to those gems. LOL Youth Some kids buy stereo systems and fancy cars we bought gems. Nice to know we have rock hounds here. Haven't done that in years.

Orlando, FL

hi all

welcome sapphire, you will enjoy this thread.

hey marti, the flower is why i wanted to grow artichokes just thought i would add to the garden now that i have nothing lol.

hey seray you have a dmail

blondie

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Everyone Welcome Melissa hope you enjoy it here with us.
Tried calling Mekos today got her anwering service left her a message but going to try again tomorrow.
Supposed to get rain then snow then rain again overnight and tomorrow. I'm ready for spring here too now but it will be at least a couple of weeks before it simmers down weatherwise.
Off to knit on another hat this time one with a brim but still green in color LOL

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

So now we have a geologist in our little group - how 'bout that!

Booneville, AR

hi rj can i send a picture in a dmail ?nettie

Noble County, IN(Zone 5b)

arejay- where are you? Yoo, Hoooo! Can't catch up with you, you little flutterby, you!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nettie - yup, you can send a pic in a d-mail... Look for the browse at the bottom just like on the threads here.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes nettie you can send in a dmail or post on a thread

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Chelle are you looking for me?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.