Will the groundhog see his shadow?

Glenwood Springs, CO(Zone 5b)
There are a total of 199 votes:

Yes, he will at my house...six more weeks of winter here.
(85 votes, 42%)
Red dot

Not here! Spring is on the way!
(58 votes, 29%)
Red dot

I'm south of the Equator and it is still summer.
(3 votes, 1%)
Red dot

What does a groundhog have to do with the weather?
(49 votes, 24%)
Red dot

I live in a frost-free climate and it is already spring.
(4 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

Dog-gone that ground hog! LOL! i wanted spring to hurry, but 6 more weeks of butt freezing for us, LOL!

Nurmo, Finland(Zone 4b)

Thanks weedwhacker. Come Spring the roads of England are paved with squashed hedgehogs, giving rise to the awful joke "Why did the hedgehog cross the road?" "Because he wanted to see his flatmate."

Bark River, MI

Well, that IS an awful joke, Pat, but it made me laugh! (took me a couple of seconds since "flat" isn't as common a term here, at least where I live, but fortunately I watch House Hunters International a lot) I guess hedgehogs aren't much for running, then? Or maybe they just run at the wrong time, which seems to be what the squirrels here do.

Dalmatian -- it's all relative, only 6 more weeks of winter would make me very happy!

Thumbnail by Weedwhacker
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quote from patgeorge :
Thanks weedwhacker. Come Spring the roads of England are paved with squashed hedgehogs, giving rise to the awful joke "Why did the hedgehog cross the road?" "Because he wanted to see his flatmate."

ROFLOLOL That was awful!! And funny!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I don't think Hedgehogs can run. Either that or their run is not very distinguishable from their amble. They curl up into balls when threatened. Doesn't do so much against wheels.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

i worked in a mitsubishi dealership,where everyday was groundhog day,even the piped music.sure,sonny and cher would like it to be groundhog day every day[more royalties]

This message was edited Feb 5, 2010 5:16 PM

This message was edited Feb 5, 2010 5:17 PM

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Six more weeks. This has been scientifically confirmed out on Nantucket by Quentin the Quahog who spat to the left indicating six more weeks of winter. I prefer Quentin because, when they were done the prediction, they got to eat him. I wouldn't want a bite of Punxatawny Phil, thank you very much.
Martha

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Isn't it time to start a new vote on another subject? Groundhog day is supposed to be just one day only on Feb, 2nd. Interest is waning here so I thought I'd post this photo of one of the cute groundhogs we have around here.;o)

Yellow-Bellied Marmot

Thumbnail by mcash70
Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

He's cute!
This one will just go through the weekend and we'll have a new topic on Monday.

Joy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.