New bees chit chat Come in!! 1 /30/10

Noble County, IN(Zone 5b)

*****I don't care what ole groundhog said longs he says it somewheres else.*****

I had to catch mine in a havahart trap and relocate the little devil, he ate more of my green beans than I did !!

;-)

Come to think of it that's what I should be doing right now, building a CAGE to grow my greenie beanies in...........the wee little bunnies always like to have their litters right in the middle of my veggie garden and they eat almost as much as the groudhogs do.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Hmmmm don't think that groundhog seen his shadow here this morning was way too gloomy and foggy for anyone's shadow to show up.

Was here as well - we also got a couple of inches of new snow. At least the old dirty stuff is covered back up again!!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Every day is one day closer to Spring.
Isn't it great??

Welcome KCS didn't have a chance to say hi much today. Glad to have ya.

Thanks seray - Hi RRM
Nice to meet you!! Treefrog says Hi too........or whatever, my treefrog speak is one sided. LOL It gets a little noisy in here when he wakes up for the evening.

So you guys are starting seeds already, huh? When do you usually get to plant things out?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Evening folks...

Just got a text from mekos!! Her internet is still out but she hopes to be back real soon. She misses everyone. She's feeling a little under the weather so please keep her in your prayers friends!

Kelly

That's for the info Loca. I have a letter going out to her tomorrow. Will try to cheer her up!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Just passing through on my way to the (stock) market. Had to show off my "Christmas" Amaryllis, which like me is running a little late. It has a beautiful apple blossum color so rare to see any kind of flowers this time of year. I'm doing some germination tests on all sorts of seeds. I've got some Scarlet Runner (magic beans) along with several of last years tomato seeds ready to go if anybody wants them. I'll type up a list tomarrow.

Night All
Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

Beautiful Al! Do they usually have that many blooms?

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

I have only ever seen the red ones Al. That one is beautiful.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Very Pretty Al....Seray send her a goodnite john boy from me in your note ok?

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

That is beautiful Al.. I have a couple of those growing in the yard...I didnt buy any for the house this year..W/mart had some but they looked like they had been in the box forever so I let them keep'em....Here is a pic of one of mine in bloom, was a single bloom..Hope you all have a beautiful day.. My DH is off today so we are going to town to get a few things then over to visit with my Dad for a while..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000

Beautiful flowers. Al and Honey.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Everyone,
SO pretty Al and Huney

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I have appleblossom too Al but don't think they are going to bloom this year as one is already dying back.

Morning all

Mine are all in the ground, so I'll have to wait to get you some pic,
But those sure are nice. Love Amaryllis.

Sadly, I didn't budget for Amaryllis this year. My mom had a really pretty one this year, but I think these two have her's beat. Hi Al, love your pretty flowers.

Another grey and gloomy day here, supposed to be that way for the forseeable future:-(

Still researching answers for all my many questions about using DG, Whew! Glad I started this in winter as I would never have had the time to figure it out any other time of the year!

RRM - how was the Ro-d-e-o? Or was it not?

flower - you pop in and out of here so fast..... Happy Day All !

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

The Amaryllis bulb I grew this year came from a garden specialty shop. It was huge, about grapefruit size when I bought it. Actually grew two stems and total of eight blossums, a real beauty.

Okay TOMATO LOVERS, here's my stash, all in small packs of 20+ seeds each. You Southern Girls can have first choice since you're likely to start planting them soon, but there's plenty for everybody, that is if you're nice to me. I'm also starting some "New Yorker" (Gramp's favorite) tomatoes as plants ready around May 1st for transplant, but that will come later.

Tomato seeds available now:

Bush Beefsteak (5)
Earliana (2)
Jubilee Orange (1)
Roma VF (7)
Rutgers Jersey (8)
Starfire Improved (6)
Trip-L-Crop (1)

Contact my D-Mail if you need any of these, I'll send them right out!

Al

This message was edited Feb 4, 2010 5:40 PM

Thumbnail by lycodad

It was not, but I never know. donkeys can be mighty contrary.
My Farrier and I are getting them better with every trim.
Their hooves are doing better with every trip. He says when he gets them right I shouldn't have to have them trimmed but every three month, they will trim theirselves down. Now, Charley, he is a mule and Half horse so we need to see him every 8 weeks or so.
But Charley is an easy job. If I get out there and tie them up before he gets here. There is no problem
Charleen

RRM - thought you had all mules. I have just one horse now, but I suppose I should discuss her on another forum, I'm not too sure about all of this yet.

I am going to root some more common pussy willows as soon as I notice buds swelling if anyone wants some let me know. I think they make such a nicely shaped bush, but they can take up some space. Next time I take a walk around the lake I will take a pic of my favorite to share with you all. The deer rubbed it when it was little and it seperated in the middle to make a little sitting area, so nice to sit there and gaze at the water!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

kcs_mom
I would love some pussy willows. How do you want to do it? Trade or SASBE?

marti - I haven't a clue yet how to do mialings, tradings or any of that yet. I still have some researching to do to find out how. If you would like to Dmail me I will let you know when I know how and when they are ready. Put in the Dmail subject pussy willows so I don't forget o.k.?
Chelle

jar - I'm going to address this photo to you, cause you were so nice to post the Picture Dog link for me the other day, but everyone may get a little chuckle out of this one. Can you find the gardener(me)?

Thumbnail by kcs_mom
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

just behind the pine tree on the left of the picture.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice pic Chelle!

If you go to the Plant Trading Forum there is a lot of good info on trading and packing and all that good stuff. Lots of us here have traded and sent things, seeds and plants, so ask away if you have questions. Seray has some of the best packing I've seen;o) And mamajack...

You got it ! Was just looking through my stuff and really hadn't noticed that all you can see is my great big floppy hat ! It struck me as funny, just a big ole hat floating around behind that tree.

Thanks loca - I keep meaning to get over there, just so much else to see and do!!! And since I don't have anything ready yet, well......I'll get to it I promise!

Kid in a candy store, I am!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

HI Everyone snow's melting but supposed to get more stuff like freezing rain, sleet and snow this weekend.
Chelle here you can discuss just about whatever you like we don't mind. So if you want to talk about your horse go right ahead. Only requrement will be a picture of it LOL we like pictures of just about everything.
Finished the doll bag holder enough to take a picture have to hunt up my glue sticks to do the finishing stuff to keep things on like the hat.

Thumbnail by Mindy03
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi Chelle, welcome aboard our ship! Help us keep it afloat. Nice garden shot.

Al

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

That's cute Mindy!

Hi Al and Chelle...

Raining here in the desert again... Rain forecast for the next few days - hoping for nice gentle rain.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

KCS ,
I have pussy willows too they are easy to trade and send. You dont have to wait for the pussy fott to show. If you can identify them they will root easily in a jar of water!! Just snip wrap the ends with a moist paper towel and a few wraps of a baggieor I like the good saran wrap I cant think of the name of it. Then pack it up and ship it out. I keep a jar of it all simmer rooting as it is a willow and helps other plants to take root!! Just like my willow tree cuttings great stuff!!
PS Poetry any one writing any?

Thanks Al. It seems I've got a bunch and I love to share !

Mindy - (that'll be an easy name to remember)(Horse shares it)
You're pretty darn handy ! Uhhm with crochet needles, did I get it right?
Is the doll for holding plastic grocery bags? Whatever she's for she sure is beautiful.

O.K. Here's my Mindy, she is half Arabian, half Missouri Foxtrotter. Her fancy name is Mindallia Savannah, fits her I think even though I didn't name her.
I don't have a scanner so this is a pic of a pic, best I can do!
(I am not gonna let you see her for the 1st time in all her winter fur, she looks like a goat!)

Thumbnail by kcs_mom

arejay - that's how I did it last year too. That's why I was pretty confident of success this year. Kinda found out by accident, really had just cut some to enjoy in the house!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mindy is a fine looking horse Chelle!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL Chelle nice horse Mindy is actually my oldest dog's name it's just easier for everyone to remember and spell.
Yep handy with crochet hooks in this case I also knit which was the mittens posted somewhere above. Yep, she's for holding grocery bags and is my second one have one more to make and next one is going to have a cherry red dress white apron and arms and I'm debating on adding blue trim for a red white and blue one. Be soooo happy to get the third one done I find the pattern boring but it was an order I'm getting paid for sooo I'm gritting my teeth and making them.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

$$$ talks, or so they say...

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Mindy I skipped right past your doll they are so cute!! You are clever with that crochet hook!!
Hi Kt...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.