Thoughts and prayers are needed for Chantell...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Very good point stormy...I agree with you completely!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Chantell, just wanted you to know I was thinking of you tonight... Although I don't post each time, I keep coming back here for another look at that wonderful portrait of the two of you.

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

Dozzie was a Jack Russel that had been rescued from a house on fire. Nobody wanted to adopt him because he did not have any fur on one of his hips and on his belly. People considered him a damaged dog and would not adopt him . It took the rescue group 8 months to find a home for him and we were it. He adopted us. He was such a great loving dog he was so unique.Now I have Josh now who is so different because he is not a bubbly dog like Dozzie he is much quieter very loving and demanding at the same time. here is a picture of Dozzie

Thumbnail by orchidfancy
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Oh! another couch potato and sun bather.

Chantell, hope things are getting better for you..good wishes comming your way.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Orchid, What kind of temperments do Jack Russel's have?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Energizer Bunny on espresso triple-shots.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

That's what I thought.

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL at Critter. If you have two of them they chase each other and that helps with the energy management. Our JRs are full brother and sister, same parents but two different litters. They can be highly energetic but they settle down if you make sure the energy is used up by bed time and can be real little snuggle bugs. Sam sleeps under the covers against my left side every night.

Chantell, thinking of you and hoping you are at peace that you made the best decision for Amber.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2010 9:05 PM

Thumbnail by nutmegnana
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Aahhhhhh, Jack Russells!! Orchid, I am with you on the Jacks. I lost the love of my life last February. He was the greatest dog I ever had. I think he was an Irish Jack. He had a rough coat. Good to see you got another one. I shall soon get another one.

LOL, Critter!! You know them, too. My Jack Hutch would wag his dock tail so hard and bounce up and down at the same time that it looked like he could hoover like a helicoper.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Are these dogs somehow related to Whippets?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Chantell, thinking of you this morning.

I'm sorry we got O/T... I'm not sure a dog could be much more different from Amber than a JR... although I think they both share "snuggle bug" tendencies.

Amber was one of those big dogs who was still certain she could fit in your lap, wasn't she? What a sweetheart.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Our Dobies were like that. They would craw up on your lap or as close as they could get to it. They were really social and loved being around people. People tend to be afraid of the big dogs like the Rotties and Dobies but they are both such sweet breeds with the right environment.

My Jack was a rough coat dog too I got him when he was 5 years old. So by then with his horrible fire experience he had tempered down quite a bit. He still had separation anxities, meaning having to have a treat before we left the house. But he was on high octane, expresso and then some specialy when he saw a squirrel in the back yard . Otherwise he was the greatest dog, the best couch potato dog that I have ever seen and also the most sociable..
Dozzie having Coffee with us (he only had pastries)

Thumbnail by orchidfancy
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

I have known people who owned Rotties and Dobies but never had one. I know they get attached to you and vice versa. I know Chantell will miss her Amber.

Stormy, Jack Russells have no Whippet in them that I know of. I believe their pedigree includes the white bull terrier, fox terrier and perhaps an early fox hound. Some of them resemble Beagles, others more like fox terriers. They were bred for hunting and fun.

Orchid--nice pic of Dozzie. Looks like a fun dog!!

He was a real sweetie , He was my and my husband shadow.... , Jack russels were bred to hunt rabbits and fit in burrows.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Folks, let's turn our thoughts and prayers to Ronnie and her beloved Sabrina. They will be making their final goodbye this afternoon.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, no... what sad news.

(((Ronnie & Sabrina)))

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh, so sorry. My condolences.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.