Thoughts and prayers are needed for Chantell...

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Please send all your best T & P's to Chantell - her beloved Rottweiler Amber has been diagnosed with bone-cancer and she needs our T&P's to make "the right decision" and when...we all know how hard it is to make these decisions, I recently had to do the same with our Izzy and I know how incredibly hard it is and what she's going through right now - thanks, Bec

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OH, no no no no no...

Chantell, we're so sorry to hear about Amber... praying for comfort for all of you...

It's hard to know what to do when you first get news like this. I don't know if there are even treatment options other than keeping her comfortable until it's time, but I did want to share a link for the folks we took Blake to: http://www.southpaws.com/ There are so many factors in determining what treatment is best, including weighing the financial/emotional/physical issues of treatment against the best case scenario... and sometimes that really hard decision turns out to be the kind and necessary one. I know you'll make the "right decisions" for her.

I hope she's home with you so you can just cuddle up with her tonight.

*HUGS*

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Chantell I am sooo sorry to be reading this...please know you are in my prayers and I am sending you hugs and good thoughts♥♥ I know all to well the hard decisions we need to make for our fur babies.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

OH NO!! Prayers for Chantell.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

So sorry to hear this.... Big hugs and lots of prayers coming your way, Chantell. I know you'll do the right thing for your baby, but it's sooooooo heartbreaking. xoxoxo Barb

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, sending good thoughts and healing prayers your way.

Marshall, VA(Zone 7b)

Chantell,
We had to make heart wrenching decisions concerning out English Springer, Milo, this past December. Only one thing makes it ok, knowing your baby is not suffering. They give us unconditional love so all the suffering we experience so they don't have to, is well worth it. God Bless you.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Update from Chantell - she will be saying goodbye tomorrow at 6.30 - please keep sending T&P's - I know how heartbroken she is and how very hard this is for her - saying goodbye to a beloved companion - she appreciates all the prayers, she just can't talk right now...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

(((((Chantell))))) and loving cuddles for sweet Amber, also.

Thanks for the update, Bec. Will continue to keep Chantell and Amber in thoughts and prayers, especially tomorrow (night? day?) at 6:30.

It's so very hard, even when you know it's the right thing to do. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Barb

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

So very sorry to hear this Chantell. {{{Hugs}}}

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Chantell, I am so sorry you have to go thru this. Such a hard thing to do. My thoughts have turned to you and your well being for quite a while now I hope things start to improve for your family soon. There has been too much sadness for you lately. Holly

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

so sorry for your sadness

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

((((HUGS))))

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

My thoughts will be with you today.
((((♥♥♥))))

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

*HUGS* and prayers and wishing I could do something to ease the pain of parting...

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Chantell, I weep for you...So sad for your Amber. I wish I could do something for you...to comfort you. Please keep in mind that you always have friends to lean on...and feel free to do that.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Big, big {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} to you Chantell!
You have been through so much lately...
And to have to go through this now!
We are here and our thoughts and prayers are with you!
May those Arms be wrapped tightly around you tonight!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Kilmarnock, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell, So sorry to hear about Amber and you're in my prayers.

Betty

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Chantell, I'm so sorry, I've been MIA for several days and just saw this thread :((( I can only imagine how you feel right now - it's not an easy decision to make and heart wrenching to lose a pet - they're "family" and we've all been there. Sending hugs in your direction and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Oh, I am so sorry. I have had to face similar choices with pets in the past. My dog, Tiffany, is 15 now. They have such short lives, but hopefully good lives.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Chantell, you've been in my thoughts all weekend. It's going to be hard for a long time, I know.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

With tears...I thank ALL of you for your thoughts and prayers...I felt them...truly felt them...I felt the peace amidst the pain... I was able to work from home Friday and spent the day with her...THAT'S what I call priceless!! I took some pics and had DD take a couple for me... If you knew her...you'd know why I called her my "bestest girl"

Thumbnail by Chantell

Chantell,

Beautiful, beautiful photo - thanks for sharing. Priceless, indeed! {{{HUGS}}} Barb

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, I love that you took and posted that photo. It will become a wonderful memory.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell... That's what it's all about right there! Those precious moments that live in us always. Hold on to them. She'll be on the other side of that bridge... waiting.

Peace in your heart tonight...

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That's a great pic Chantell, wonderful memories last forever.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

This touches a very, very tender spot. I know exactly how you feel, Chantell!! Hug!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know you will miss Amber very much.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Chantell, I can't tell you how much your photo moved me when I saw it earlier this morning :( The tears have stopped so I'm finally back to say, again, how very sorry I am for your loss of your "bestest girl". Each one is always special in their own individual way but when the time eventually arrives to say good-bye to Phoebe I have to say I will always think of her as my bestest girl :( Sending more hugs and thinking of you every day.

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

After reading about Amber , it brought tears to my eyes and painful memories of when we lost Dozzie to cancer two years ago. My heart goes to you and so are my prayers for support in this stressful time. A lots of prayers and hugs for you and for Amber.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Orchid, was Dozzie a Rottie too? My friends lost theirs last year to cancer. I'm just wondering if there is a trend here all of a sudden.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you all again...I wasn't trying to make anyone sad(der)...I just think of ya'll as family so wanted to share what I could. Jen, the vet that helped me say goodbye has always had Rotties. He explained to me that 2 of his had the same cancer - and like Amber, came on this suddenly. I asked him if this was something they were predisposed to...as my breeder has always been careful with regard to hips, elbows and eyes. My vet said no...that with them being a larger dog it comes with the territory - not "just" Rotties but any of the larger breeds. Then quickly, with a smile (defending "his" breed) went down a list of issues common to many breeds but not Rotties. He was so kind...so compassionate...I couldn't have asked for a better person. He told me that he did try with one of his, since he/she was a tad younger to go the amputation route but that the cancer spread so quickly soon after that he had to put her down in less then 3 months post surgery. It was comforting to have yet another affirmation that my decision was the right one for Amber...if not me... :(
Thank you all again...hugs

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That photo brought happy tears as well as sad ones, Chantell... I'm glad you had Amber, and I'm glad she had you! She trusted you to make all the right decisions, and you never let her down. *HUGS* and prayers continue..

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That's what happened to my friends dog Rocco, it came on real fast and they only found out because he wasn't eating one day, took him in and his whole body was filled with cancer.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, your picture truly moved me to sad and happy tears, sad for you loss and happy for the love yet another wonderful animal received from someone. We are blessed to be able to care for them as they give all their love with out question....

((((♥♥♥))))

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

We can all probably relate, so feel know exactly what you're going through. (((HUGS)))

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Chantell, not to worry, I don't think you made any of us sad(der) - as Jan said "We can all probably relate". There was just something so incredibly touching about the photo of you with Amber. Yes, it brought on tears but I think mostly it was because of the special bond the two of you will always have and the photo says it all :)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, What a lovely picture, Such unconditional love we get from our dogs. You will forever have those precious memories. Holly

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you all...Amber was amazingly beautiful - with soul-filled eyes that in one second told you how much she loved you and in the next was flashing a "behave" to Makwa if he was "out of line." I truly believe a dog's love is as Christ-like as it gets...

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, Chantell. I feel that way about mentally handicapped people too. There is an absence of guile. Just pure love.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.