Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Boy are we a talkative group.

We came form here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1063629/#new

Thumbnail by wren107
Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Wren! Nice new quarters here!

good morning

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Very spacious on this new thread. Thanks dear Wren.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It's snowing again here. Fine little flakes. I have to go to work, buy feed, and make it home without going for a sliding disaster. Sigh.

Not snowing here; it's finally all melted. But we have to get all the trash out for pickup, empty the feed into the barrels, and go cut up a deer and make sausage with friends. I would much rather stay home and veg; I am so tired! (Is that a Sulk?)

Clarkson, KY

I'm not sure, g_g...but anyone who has been dedicated enough to follow 4 (and counting) umpty hundred post sulk threads is surely entitled to something. Thanks wren! The cleaning fairy, in a weird fit of fey, left multiple coke cans on the counter and threw away or otherwise disposed of the NWD/HWD mailing apparati....rrrgh...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

mmmm deer sausage mmmm. I have banished cleaning fairys from the big thing in the middle of the garden as they are ALWAYS distorting the delicate balance of the willynilly arrangement of the secret hideouts for my stuff!

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I bow down and worship my cleaning fairy! To bad she only comes twice a month!

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

I wish someone would send me a cleaning fairy.. i only have a cleaning demon who throws out everything (!) it sees if it can't remember where it belongs... The laundry fairy needs help also.. ooo i could use a cooking fairy too.. cooking 3 meals a day & snack/coffee time gets tiring. Beside Fairies are such pretty sparkly creatures with cute little wings. Can't have too many of them flitting around.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

LOL we are not even going to discuss that I need a Poop Fairy, the horse pens are horrible, well so is my house so I am thinking I just will start chucking away...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I would be lost without my twice a month cleaning fairy because with work and school and farm, there is no time for such silliness as cleaning house. Bah. I would not sleep otherwise, and that would be very bad for all involved. Even so, sometimes I find it hard to get enough willynilly arrangement of stuff off the surfaces of things for the fairy to clean them. Dreadful. Grumply me.

Claire there is a package on your way!!!1

I wish I had cleaning fairies!!

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

MissJ, I sure hope you don't need a Poop Fairy for your house! We keep hoping the cats will clean their litter box but to no avail. Our female cat even has extra thumbs so she should be able to hold the litter scoop, but she won't lower herself to do it. She says that's what her humans are for....LOL!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oooh, I am excited about my pethud and NWD package. The pethuds will be nice and warm on their way. Thank you Wren!!

Clarkson, KY

Just mailed one myself...Ho, g_g!

do your chickens eat snow ???
mine are going" ga ga " for it . The minute i come in the coop they are on my boots pecking away. LOL
oh cleaning fairy oh that sounds wonderful.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Mine eat snow. They just seem to eat it as if it was water...well...which it is...

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

mine eat snow.. they love it.

my neighbors cat doesn't use a littler box.. she uses the potty then flushes.. They just can't forget & put the lid down.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I've heard of that. I wish I could have trained Marshmallow to do that...she'd still be a house sheep if I had.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

No Blackie wont clean his box, but he goes outside during the day.
No pooper fairy for the house, just the pens... Maybe get to them this weekend, well that would be after I clean the house. I am off work friday thru sunday... and well the house would have to come after the duck pens and horse waters

Lodi, United States

I had a Javanese cat that used the toilet---I kept accusing my then 6 year old son of not flushing, then one day I heard the toilet being used and watched as my Javanese, Teddy, ambled out of the bathroom. No one trained him...it was great.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Cool I wish Blackie would do that.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

My DH & I discussed toilet training the cats, but we have only one bathroom. I really don't want to have to wait until a cat is done before I can use it....lol.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It's not as if they sit there and read magazines....you know....they get it done...

Lodi, United States

There are (or were) kits for training them. They usually involved a kitty litter pan that fit under the seat. And there are a lot of sites on how to train them. e.g.:

http://karawynn.net/mishacat/toilet.html

Some small jungle cats are known to always go over water--so I've wondered if there is some vestigial instinct that helps domestic cats adapt to it pretty easily.

Clarkson, KY

Have we moved from sulking for mufflers to sulking for cats who use the pot AND flush?? lol...what's the acronym for that??

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

So unfair to the domestic sheep...

Clarkson, KY

If you could litter train your sheep it might then be possible to use the kit...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I have just purchased the book called "Hattitude"

http://www.amazon.com/Hattitude-Knits-Every-Cathy-Carron/dp/1933027851/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262233508&sr=1-1

Look out....

Richmond, TX

Thank goodness - a return to topic.

We were drifting a bit, weren't we!

No, I wasn't sulking for yet another NWD, but just trying to preserve the integrity of this here thread. We have to finish up the deer sausage today because we ran out of casings.

I have a cleaning fairy who just started visiting every other week. There are things she doesn't do that I would have thought she would, but her magical presence has inspired me to do some major decluttering and to try to keep things a lot neater, which is a blessing to frazzled nerves! People stop over now and I don't have to blush - at least, not too much, and we close the door to DH's den because that's hopeless. Even the cleaning fairy isn't allowed to cross the sill....

DH does the laundry...

Richmond, TX

What I always wanted was one of those vacuum things they use to clean commercial airliners. It just hooks up to the door and sucks everything out. When I first heard about "whole house" vacuums, I thought that was what they were - I was envious. Oh yeah, I also want a kitchen with a drain in the middle of the floor and a sprinkler in the ceiling so that I can just shut the door, turn it on, and wash it all!

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

I must have that book! I just added it to my list of books to get.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It has some great patterns in it, particularly for bulky yarns, which I like because they do knit up more quickly, and I think they're very warm, which is great for hats.

There is one particular pattern for a silvery hat with beads on it that I think would suit Catsy.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I bought my kitty an electric self cleaning litter box. He likes to watch it clean itself!

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

When I went home to Medford for the holidays I have Mom remind me how to knit. I haven't done it since I was 12, but it's starting to feel familiar again. I still have to work on even tension with the stitches. I've got a long way to go!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Wren That is my WONDERUS MAGNICIFANT NWD you used for the picture... OH I am sooo happy. Today I was out feeding and Mr Ronnie who works at the store came by with a package. He hope he would not get in trouble, and I said no worries. I did not stop by the store yesterday so he grabbed the box and thought he would deliver it today. Right in the middle of the horse pen I opened it and pulled out the most WONDERUS MAGNICIFANT SOFT NWD.... I immediately placed it around my neck and the heat was instant. He said I might not want to get something so pretty full of hay and horse hair, and I assured him it was made to be worn, not just looked at. I tucked the ends in my jacket and set about finishing my chores as he took the remains of the box up to the house for Billy... Oh Mistress Wren, it is truly a beauty..... and I am sure that if BIlly could type he would be thanking you ever so much for all the goodies that accompanied the box.... He wants to sample one of each, and I told him after lunch he could choose one and he was bummed, but accepted that...
I will be getting pictures of said Wonder, have to get my camera from town. Today Billy will be operating his camera around the ranch, who knows he may snap a picture.. (He got a camera from his mother for christmas, not a kids camera but none the less a camera so today I am letting his take pictures of his animals and what ever he wants, this should be fun)
Thank you so much Wren.

You are welcome!!

Miss J those lollipops are sweetened with fruit juice and are low in calories. I get them for the people at the dialysis place when my DD went. I think I may still have a bag of them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.