Seed Swap January 23rd in Mount Bethel PA

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

No problem, Stormy. Be glad to help! Did any of the mail-in people give any indication of what they might like as a guide for us?
Jessica

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

VENU209 (another DG member) had D MAILED me with her list.

I requested that she post it here, but if she doesn't, here's what she will be bringing.

venu209
Jersey Shore, NJ
(Zone 7a)

Wed, January 20, 2010
08:43 PM
I almost forgot my seed list:
Campanula "Olympica"
Platycodon "Hakone Blue"
Ibersi sempervirens "Snowflake"
platycodon "Mother of Pearl"
digitalis "Silver Fox"
digitalis grecian foxglove
digitlais "Pam's Choice"
Japanese Beautyberry
Shast "Alaska"
Cosmoa "Dwarf Sensation"

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

R_R_R What time should we start arriving? I know we talked about it but I can't find the discussion.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Around 11 AM would be great!! Looking forward to seeing you all!!
Jessica

Actually, if you come earlier that would be fine, also. I'll might be rushing to get something done that I've forgotten, but it won't bother me in the least to have company while I do this.

Bob has an unexpected doctor's appointment in the morning. The office is 1 1/4 hours away and expects to be back about 1 o clock so that some of the stuff that we're crazy about might rub off on him.

So happy that the sun will be shining. That means that the 3 season room will be warm with a little help from some heaters.

See you all tomorrow. We can start off with a ceremonial glass of wine, beer or a good cocktail.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I know everybody's going to have such a great time tomorrow! It almost makes me want to say the heck with redoing the bathroom, I want to drive up & join the fun... but we did just get all the plumbing disconnected, LOL, so if I want DH's help (and I do!) this weekend, I'd better stay put.

Have a wonderful party!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

drive up.. supposed to be a beautiful day here tomorrow... and besides I am sure you can find a bucket to replace the plumbing!!!

:)

cupcakes are out of the oven & cooling!!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Toffee is in the freezer hardening

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you made toffee??????

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh girls..........

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous - am already salivating!! DH is definitely coming!!! LOL

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Have sooo much fun. I want some toffee a piece of cake and some cupcakes....Oh that's right they won't mail to well!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yep, toffee.

Man, that cake looks good!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

going to have to give the recipe for that Jen!!!

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Sounds like this might be turning into a recipe swap as well!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

When Terri gets rested, maybe she'll start a receipt thread. LOL Ric

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Terri, Jessica, and Mary, How are your tea roses? I liked them so much I went back and got myself one. Within a few days it died back so badly I'm not sure it will survive. I hope yours are fairing better. Ric

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric, So far mine seems to be doing fine. I have always had trouble trying to grow them and so far, I'm surprised at how well this one is doing. Thank you again to you and Holly. They were such an unxpected and welcome surprise.

Holly,

I am plant sitting Jessica's roses as well as my own. They are doing fine. They needed to be fed and dried up a little. The on Jessica's (white) are beginning to bloom out, but the leaves look fine. I keep them in southern exposure because they need lots of sun. My lavender roses started to have their buds droop, so I took the droopy ones off. They remaining ones are doing fine.

They are beautiful, Holly and we certainly both appreciate one of our "hostess gifts".

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Teri, for the update. Glad to hear my new "baby" is doing well!! If anyone can keep it going you can!! Sorry to hear yours didn't fair well, Ric. Could it have been too hot or too cold where you placed it? I'm not an expert on tea roses but love them. I hope when I bring the new "baby" home in April I don't kill it!! LOL Jessica

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Great I was so worried that yours did what mine did. Lost all the flowers and buds and cut several stems back but there is still some live plant and new growth showing. I am just glad that yours is doing really good. Mine went down hill almost from the first day. Holly

Uh oh..........I spoke too soon. The miniature roses are looking very unhappy. Hope I can save them. They were ok when I left last Sunday.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I had to cut mine back but what is left looks just fine for now. Hope yours picks up. Holly

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I had to cut mine back but what is left looks just fine for now. Hope yours picks up.
BTW how was the Babysitting? Bet you had a great time. Holly

I have such fun with that little guy. He's always trying to put one over on me.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh he is sooo cute. It's it great being a Grandparent!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Teri, I still think he looks a lot like you. He is such a cutie. Holly, my rose is doing wonderfully. I'm so surprised, given my prior failure rate with them. I've been misting it. Maybe that's making a difference?

I just tried misting. We'll see what happens. Yes it is great being a grandparent, but I think I would have probably gotten a part time job in a nursery school if I hadn't been one. I have the same love and fascination with all kids.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Me too. Just try being in a bad mood when you're around kids. It's pretty impossible. They always make you smile.

Athens, PA

Teri -

he is adorable! I just love kids.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Id' love to go to your swap but it's a little too far for me. Unless I could get a ride, won't be able to make it. I will be going to the one in Frederick, though.

Hi,

This swap happened last year and I don't think that we are having another seed swap in this area. Maybe there will be a plant swap in spring.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

OMG I didn't look at the dates! SS. Here I thought you were having one soon. No problemo. Just another senior moment. Thanks, Judy

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I just got the thread up for the Frederick swap on Saturday, Feb. 26, 2011 :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.