Holiday lights and Decorations continuing to make pretty

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

We are continuing from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1059930/

I think a tutu is an essential for girls to learn to use for the survival skills of adulthood. Legs and Botto.. are an essential for the continuation of our species.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

snorkel

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

If it truly is about pooferousness, then square dancers have won bottoms down.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

If I were a judge I would put them at the bottom of my choices. Way too much clothing!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

LOL! Sofer, I LOVE the contageous spirit of Christmas that children spill out! Are you in Seattle, then? DGD is beautiful. I miss my grown son most this time of year... I loved our Christmases when he was a boy, even when I was struggling financially. Children make the season.

Santa Fe, NM

Thank You, Sofer, for the new thread and the lovely picture! Good start for Christmas Eve Day. Tutus can be made from tumble weeds spray painted pink. I know someone who made one and wore it in a fashion show. A new take on "western wear". Too bad I wasn't taking photographs then.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A tumbly tutu would be perfecto for a Solstice dance roybird!

Santa Fe, NM

Oh, speaking of children, here is a friend I will probably have brunch with tomorrow.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Hey, Dahlia! You could make a tumbleweed tutu as a momento of your trip! Hope you are having fun and good weather.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

That is a gorgeous kid! Did you take the pic, roybird?

Dahlia, the tumbleweed tutu would also make nice garden art when you're done wearing it. And it would be real purty with some sparklies on it.

We grew up in S. Calif., so we made tumbleweed forts instead of snow forts.

Santa Fe, NM

Tumble weeds have many uses. The little boy is the son of dear friends and is nine, almost 10, years old. He is great in front of a camera because his Dad is a photographer. But I took that picture! He does love to pose. His (much) older sister, who is home from college for Christmas, says " don't encourage him." l.o.l. I took this one of her and liked it in black and white. Talk about pretty!

Thumbnail by roybird
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

That's a beautiful portrait, roybird.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Those children have a lot of Romainian in their features, or Eastern Austria. Where does the genes come from? Very attractive children. Enjoy Roybird.
No I just got home late yesterday to enjoy my family in Montana. My DD, SIL and DGD are coming over after Christmas. He is a pastor and has a busy season during Christmas.
Charlize loves her Gold fish Nemo.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Santa Fe, NM

Charlize is just too adorable! My friends' children are a Pennsylvania Dutch, Irish, Scottish, English blend. As far as I know. I am the Romanian one! That and also Irish-Scottish-English with German and Cherokee in there! D.H. is Welsh and Dutch. I tease them all about being so Anglo and they remind me that my indian blood is pretty diluted! l.o.l.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

OMG, Charlize is adorable! I love how her happy eyes and smile are reflected all around the fish tank!

Santa Fe, NM

The ice was melting fast this afternoon.

Thumbnail by roybird
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

There, we finally got the tree decorated.

Thumbnail by picante
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Glass angel playing trumpet.

Thumbnail by picante
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Great pic of Charlize Sof! Roybird would this be tree #3? Luvly pics of the kidlings.

Santa Fe, NM

That's Picante's tree! And very pretty, too!

Thumbnail by roybird
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

[Picante wondering if that's a new camera roybird is holding. Thinking roybird has nice hands and could probably do Armenian hands very well.]

Nice to see you, roybird! Happy Christmas!
(that's what they say in England).

Santa Fe, NM

What are Armenian hands, Picante? That's my first camera. Easier to goof around with. I worry less about it! Tomorrow is Boxing Day if we live in England.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Happy Boxing Day! oops sorry picante about the tree.

Santa Fe, NM

Happy Boxing Day! I'm hoping the temps go up to at least 25 so I can reasonably get out for a walk today. It is 14 now. We've had quite a Christmas!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It is cold here, too, but sunny and bright. Our temps are about the same as Santa Fe, maybe a degree or two colder. Still lots of snow. Dogs go out every now and then for a brisk game of chase, but mostly sleep on the heated floors.
I am making green chile stew for my friend who had a serious leg break in skiing -- not a spiral but ended up with plate and screws in tibia. He will be unable to put weight on it for 6 to 8 weeks. Green chile is reputed, locally, to have healing powers, but mostly I think it just makes you forget about what is hurting at the time you eat it.
I also tried out my new All Clad stainless steel frying pan making couscous yesterday. Came out great.
DH is working from home of course. He now has the computer code entirely to himself because everyone else is off enjoying their holiday. Wierd how some people think. He did promise that this was our last Christmas in the US. I reminded him that Hawaii was in the US and would be a completely suitable place for Christmas. That's where my friend, Theresa aka SantaFeTrail, has spent most of this month. I am very jealous.
Actually, I am enjoying cozy winter activities at home. But probably would prefer the tropics.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Armenian hands:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVHrSgT7aYU&feature=related

This one takes forever to load (go do something else while you wait), but you can actually see the women's hands. When they join hands, note that they are holding each other by the pinky.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

You guys have too much time on your hands to DG, YouTube, and all of the reading you do. I can't wait until I become female. LOL

Santa Fe, NM

You will have a lot of fun being female, Sofer! I like it very much indeed because we get the best clothes and hair styles. Not to mention shoes. The Armenian hand dance is "fabby". The pinkie link is a stroke of genius! If I can make it up to Kalispell this summer we will all do this dance. It looks appropriate for a solstice.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Roybird, your wish is our command. I'm not kidding. The International Folk Dance group in Kalispell will be having their annual "Stamp & Camp" rendez-vous, and this dance, Gorani, is in the repertoire. We can even ask them to teach it. (Don't expect us to look like those drop-dead-gorgeous Armenian gals, though.)

Sofer, you can get a head start on being female by learning the women's part.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sof,
When you become a woman, you are going to have to give up those deer and elk jammies. Sorry to tell you, but no woman would be caught dead outdoors in those!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Tee hee paj ^_^

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

I suspect maybe you were female last time or the time before, Sof.
What with reincarnation being quite a strong possibility, we have all been the other gender and we have certainly all been Chinese. It's a 20% probability in any given human incarnation.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Picante,
Just had time to watch the Armenian "hand dance". Lovely. I have spent a little time in Turkey and so wonder what is up with the Turkish hatred of Armenians. My first reaction is that their costumes looked Turkish. So sad. Love the Turks. The Armenians look cool too. I guess all racial/ethnic/religious hatreds look sad from a distance. I love folk cultures. McDonald's is a completely unsatisfactory replacement. Do we have to go to sterile to keep from fighting one another? Sorry for serious intrusion in otherwise lighthearted thread. As you were.

Santa Fe, NM

Ready to learn the Armenian hand dance!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.