Have your Garden Catalogs started to arrive yet?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

You need to be a gambler! Put the things out & hold a few back so if they get frost you can replant quickly.
Our safe date is around May 1. I've planted green beans as early as I can work the ground. Only one year out of 7 have I lost them all. Some times a few are hurt, but most come along OK.
Things like tomatoes, peppers, & vine crops all wait until May 30 or so. They don't grow in the cooler weather even if they don't freeze. My late tomatoes will always be ahead of people who set theirs out in early May. All I hear at market is "how come yours are ripe & mine aren't". These crops don't like not growing fast, & they won't grow fast if it's cool.

Bernie

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey everyone! I read somewhere were there could be a shortage of tomoatoe seeds and other seeds because it was such a bad year in someplaces.
Better get orders in ASAP.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the heads up Chicory31!

Today I got another Territorial Seeds catalog--but it is different from the one I got earlier. Also Mclure & Zimmerman, Abundant Life, Bountiful Gardens, and Plant Delights.

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Our safe date in Michigan is June 1st or the first full moon.

Good to know about the tomato seeds.

I am waiting for a few of those catalogs too.

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

I love Plant Delights, such great things.
Oh and Logee's they make winter seem nicer, and the greenhouse is fun if anyone gets to NE Connecticut. I will miss them they were my salvation on cold winter days, oh and a cause of an empty pocketbook LOL

I went to Plant Delights last year. What an awesome place!

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, lucky you flowrgirl1! =~)

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I got a catalog from Plants Delight, what a great place. Today I got a catalog from Miller Nursery. Will spend some time looking thru it and drooling. Can't really afford to buy anymore, but love to look.

I just got Bountiful Gardens, Cooks Garden, Terra Nova, Abundant Life Seeds, Brent and Becky's bulbs, Tomato Growers Supply.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Digging Dog Nursery today. Time to order some new kniphofias!

HIgh Mowing seeds today.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

I still don't have Baker Creek or Fedco. :o(

Me neither. I love baker creek.

Plant Delight is very cool. I went there last spring. I live about 1 1/2 hours away. Prices are high but they do carry some great stuff. Their gardens are wonderful.

Arrowhead Alpines is a great source for rare plants too. www.arrowheadalpines.com

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

I just got my Baker's Creek catalog but it was here 2 weeks after my order ... Oh well

Still fun to look through. Did you get lots of stuff chicory?

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

I finally got D.V. Burrell yesterday - it was the one I was waiting for - so now I can start ordering!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Got 2 more catalogs today. Totally Tomatoes and Farmer Seed and Nursery.
Busy browsing.

Seeds of Change came today.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.