Have your Garden Catalogs started to arrive yet?

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Just curious about which catalogs are starting to arrive.

I have Stokes, FungiPerfecti and Veseys so far.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Vesseys, Park Seed and Baker Creek so far;o)

Baker Creek! I'm waiting for that one, please hurry!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

It's a real pretty one too! Just came Friday!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Johnny's, Jordans, Stokes, Twilley, Totally Tomatoes, Tomato Growers, Harris, Baker Creek, Jung, Indiana Berry, HPS, Dixondale, & others I can't think of right now.
Best to order from; Johnny's,
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/default.aspx
and Totally Tomatoes;
http://www.totallytomato.com/

Also got my wholesale Gladiolus catalog. Same ones that are on this site;
http://www.nowetagardens.com/

Have fun,
Bernie

Moss Point, MS(Zone 8b)

Well I'm just totally miffed. I did all my ordering online and haven't received a catalog from any of them. I have a total of 1, from Pinetree and haven't ordered from them since 2001. They have several things I want so I think I'll show my appreciation.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i got my usual two from tomato growers even though for the past 3 yers i have been telling them that i get 2 each season. also got johnny's, parks and burpee

Well, hopefull they are just working their way down the list. I have ordered lots of catalogs so i am waiting.

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I've only received one from Pinetree - which is strange 'cause I've never ordered from them. I did get one from Worms Way, but they don't sell seeds - I buy lots of stuff from them each year.

League City, TX(Zone 9a)

I received catalogs from Parks and Totally Tomatoes about 2 weeks ago. Turns out, there are so many things that I want to grow so I really need to step back and focus.

The butterfly bush seeds caught my eye in the Parks catalog and I will definatley buy some and winter sow. Aside from my veggies, I will be looking for plants that attracts bees, butterflies and hummingbirds for now.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Parks, Baker Creek, Pinetree Gardens, Plant Delights, Jung's, Bluestone, Seeds from Italy, Totally Tomatoes, and Chamblee's for me so far.

I wonder it they do the west coast first or something.

Moss Point, MS(Zone 8b)

Today I got lucky with Jungs and Tomato Grower's Supply. Maybe I am just far down on their lists.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

So far I've gotten Territorial, Totally Tomatoes, Pinetree, Seed Way, High Mowing, FungiPerfecti, Vasseys and Vermont Bean. I haven't ordered from most of them, so don't know why they all sent catalogs. There were a couple of other catalogs, can't remember the names off hand. I like Territorial better than Johnny's, but they don't have the selection of Johnny's.
I need to call Territorial and High Mowing for more catalogs, I gave mine to another farmer so they could order seeds.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pinetree, Jungs, Shumway, Totally Tomatoes so far...

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Only Baker Creek so far ( www.rareseeds.com ) and it is gorgeous. I need a support group to prevent me from buying so many seeds I would need to buy acres of land.

Still haven't gotten any others. Im hoping that come monday my mail box is bursting with catalogs.

Baker Creek causes me to pass out! I want almost everything in there.

Territorial Seed Co. came today.

Moss Point, MS(Zone 8b)

Seeds of Italy came today. That makes #4. I don't feel so neglected now.

Triad(for a few more, NC(Zone 7a)

EEeegads, I have been getting tons of them.
Shumway
Landreths
Harris
Henry Field's
Burpee
Territorial
Seedway
Cooks Garden
Select Seeds
Gardens Alive
Gardeners Supply
Gurneys
Can't wait to see what come today!

Susan! How do you have so many! We are practically neighbors and I don't have all those yet. I'm so jealous!

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Twilley
Burpee
Harris
Stokes
Fedco
Totally Tomatoes
Gurney
Heney Field
Territoral
Shumway
Jung
Stark
Indiana Berry
Waiting on Willhite

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Territorial and Nichol's Garden Nursery arrived yesterday...

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Burpee's, Jung Seed, and The Cook's Garden (?) which I've never seen before and know I didn't ask for.

Cooks is an excellent company!

I didn't get any catalogs today! This is killing me.

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I now have too many to mention. They all arrived this week. I've given myself a headache trying to decide which seeds to buy from whom!

Triad(for a few more, NC(Zone 7a)

flowrgirl, I think I got on someones list that I was not on last year, either that or some big monopoly bought up a bunch of smaller seed companies, cause most of them have the same exact items and prices.

I buy from the ones that have the $25 coupon, which is about 4 of them this year. Then I go with the cheapest shipping they will give me and end up getting about $15 worth of seeds for free.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

flowergirl, it may be that the Cook's Gargen one has a new format. As I look through it, it does look familiar.

Does anyone know if Marianna's Heirloom Tomatoes is still in business? My fax won't go through and when I tested the number I got a message stating that the number had been disconnected.

many companies are owned by just a few. I know that Gurneys, Spring Hill, Henry Fields, Brecks, MI bulb co., and Gardens Alive are all owned by one company.

Totally tomatoes, R.H. Shumway, The Vermont Bean Seed Co., Seeds of the World, Seymours Selected Seeds, HPS, Roots and Rhizomes, McClure and Zimmerman are owned by J.W. Jung Seed Co.

Park Seed owns Wayside, Park Bulbs, and Parks Countryside garden.

I found all this info on a post here at dg linked from an article from country side magazine.

I imagine if you get on one list you get many more.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Old favorite, Jackson & Perkins roses are now owned by Parks. Parks is not the same company it was before all these mergers. There was a thread about that a while ago, but I have no idea where to find it.

I think this should take you to it.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/938143/

Moss Point, MS(Zone 8b)

I wish every American would read that thread and all the links. By all accounts, there are many new and expanded gardens this year and the farmer's markets prospered. That's all great news but still only a drop in the bucket of total food consumption.

Our culture has evolved rapidly but most of the natural world has not. Higher life forms such as ourselves and our animals still need the healthy, balanced, non-GMO food that has served well through generations.

I'd like to encourage you all to grow at least one open pollinated variety, and to save and share the seeds. It is up to us to preserve genetic diversity for future generations and to vote with our wallets. Food should not be closely held and thereby controlled by only a few global corporations.

I notice that some of the catalog offerings don't always identify hybrids, OP and GM seeds. I don't have anything against hybrids on principle but they should be identified.

I just watched Food Inc. yesterday. I think that we should all watch it. A great film that is very eye opening!

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Its odd, but my favorites almost always identify and have been doing so for years. I've never really trusted those who don't identify where they are getting their seed from.

By the way, Marianne Jones from Marianna's Heirloom Tomatoes contacted me yesterday. She's getting a new fax number. Until then just e-mail or mail in orders.

I prefer companies like Baker Creek, Seed Savers Exchange, Territorial, Terrior, etc... They offer organic, op, heirloom and other great things.

I enjoy hybrids as well but prefer the op/heirlooms. It's good to plant both at times, I think.

www.flowrgirl1.blogspot.com

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

I like Baker's Creek, but they don't seem to list a lot of information about their varieties, or if they do for some it's inconsistent. I don't think they have date to maturity or length of fruit or other dimensions for many of their offerings. And some of the catalogues just use common names instead of including the Latin. I always wonder why they don't do that.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

THAT's the thread I had in mind when I started the Independent Seed Sources? thread that I'm having trouble with. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060613/

I'm finding that I just don't know enough about the industry to evaluate these companies. People in that thread have made some very good suggestions for great sources of seed, which is very helpful. However, some that I put on the list also sell patented plants, which I'm opposed to. I feel like I should take them off the list, but then my intent was to promote good companies, not blacklist anyone.

I have another long list of companies that I need to go through and see if I can add to the list. Not sure whether I should do that based on my limited knowledge, or just give the thread a rest.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

You know, I love Botanical Interests seeds! They don't have a catalog but their website and customer service are outstanding. Good germination and they are a GMO-free, family owned company. Those are the kinds of companies I like to give my business to . . .

www.botanicalinterests.com

Terrior came today. Great company!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

So far have
Richters Herb Catalogue
Harris Seeds
Jungs
Gurneys
Parks
HenryFields
Waiting for several others