Need help with plant ID

Brenham, TX(Zone 8b)

I can't figure this out. It blooms November-December. The flowers are very fragrant. The long, leaves are slightly ribbed. Thank you.

Thumbnail by jamminspoons
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Is that the foliage of the plant in your picture? If so, then I think your plant may be Dracaena thalioides (sp?).

Keaau, HI

Ispahan has the right species, its' modern name is Dracaena aubryana, Lance Dracaena.

Brenham, TX(Zone 8b)

that might be it...Dracaena aubryana. Will wait to see if it makes seeds like the images show...just to make sure. thank you.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I never saw one bloom before! Pretty!

Keaau, HI

It is a very handsome & unusual Dracaena!

Thumbnail by Metrosideros
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

It has been so many years since I have grown this plant, I did not even know that they updated the name! :-) Thank you, Metrosideros, for supplying the correct name.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

I cannot find the name in PF is it something else or the name is not right? If not you have a plant files entry to do.

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

I don't know enough about house plants to agree or disagree with the identification of your plant as a dracaena, but the blooms and your description of the fragrance seem very much like my sansevieria, which is blooming now. I have just posted about that in this forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.