Rock Swap #2

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

looks like they were just dumped there - i'd go get them too!

A down right treasure pile RRM. Wish I had the time to visit all of you on that side of the states. It would be so much fun. Our son and family keeps trying to get us to come live with them. Not ready to give up my own place. : )

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

lynn
Annandale is Northern Virginia. about 400 miles from me :-( But I would have loved to have you over:-) Know what you mean about your own place. But being closer to family is a temptation too.

Be careful RRM! Don't want you spraining anything over those rocks.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Great job but not on my part. The rocks were free but I had to pay for the flat bed and crane. Did not ask how much for the flat bed and crane. Next time I will for sure.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I may need that for mine, skwinter. If I keep walking and finding these treasures.
Sometimes the trees will grow and die, when they die they have stones under them.
It is a wonder there isn't more. These are the ones, I carried to the house. One of them
looks sorta pink.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

They are beautiful. I prefer the two on the right side of the photo but they are all great. I have many individuals give me very funny looks when I am standing in amazement over a "Rock".

YeH, WE would all be very comfortable with
each other because of our love for rocks.

Those are beautiful RRM.

Look in the stream....
that's a skinny tree in the middle.
I loved this tree trunk, but then noticed the rocks
in the stream.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

What a wonderful, magical place. It must be so peaceful walking there.

Couldn't you just see a little Elf Kingdom there??
I absolutely loved it.

Enid, OK

Hey RRM - I know you from somewhere else. I love rocks too, just don't have any. Not that there are not any rocks in Oklahoma, just that I am too lazy to go fetch me some.

Thought I would let you know now that I am clearing my calendar for a visit to your place. How horrible it must be for you to live so close to a stream like that. I feel really bad for you; it just looks awful there so I am coming to cheer you up!

come on down, enid. You know I know what you house looks like and Honey, You need some of my rocks. You should show these girls what yo got. Mine is so cluttered and you nearly have a clean slate. I sure do see rockgarden at your place.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Yes, RRM, Nevada is on its way to put in a line to pump that water to Las Vegas. We are running out of water. How far is that away from your home. That would be so neat. I think I would have a very heavy bench, so no one could remove it, and just sit there and watch life quietly go by. Actually life going by is not a bad thing. Is it a babbling brook or a roaring brook? I have brook envy.

Then you better come on down, it is a brook. Got to figure how to run my
little cam corder. To get us some Effects. Wish we could load you some water but They are already fussing ove our water in Ala. and Fla. They both want it. All the rain we have been getting , it would be easy to share now. Comeon down, there is enough rocks for us to just sit and enjoy.

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

I found this recently in the dry creek. I'll have to find a good place for that one!

Thumbnail by LindaTX8

And here's the other side. Am I crazy or what? To be fascinated by these rocks, that is.

Thumbnail by LindaTX8

Crazy like a fox. : ) That's a good thing. That is some rock, would love to have that in my yard Linda. : )
Just wanted to let all of you know I will be gone for a couple of weeks. See you when I get back.
May Santa fill your stockings with rocks.
Lynn

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Enjoy! Don't come this way unless you want snow.

To late pirl. We have to go through New York then to DC. Both places have snow. I checked the weather for both places for Monday and Tue. Everything should be okay.
Looks like we will have a White Christmas after all. Certainly no snow here. : )
We are so excited about seeing the kids. Best Christmas present. : )

gonna miss you, lynn. write soon as you get back.
Linda, that first one look like a little bird head formed in the middle.
You all have fun and be very careful. Enjoy the kids.
Merry Christmas and Best New Years ever.

You'll be better off driving since 1,000 flights were cancelled today. Enjoy the family!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! pirl, your scaring me.
We leave Monday night (late), so maybe by then they will have caught up on canceled flights. Fingers crossed XXXXX, all of them. Tried the toes, got cramps. : }

Then you are flying? I thought it would be a very, very long drive! They said on TV that three days should get things back on track. For your sake, and for your family, I hope they're right!

Have a good time Lynn. By the time you leave it should be ok. Merry christmas!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

We need at geologist on this thread. I have never seen anything like that white whatever but it is beautiful. Would be nice to know what it is.

The first side of that rock reminds me of cauliflower. It's great, Linda.

I agree with Sharon - we need a geologist here.

Glad you appreciate that rock. This part of Texas may not have the best growing conditions (to put it mildly) for plants, but it's got good rocks if people just look for them. Dry creeks are good are good to check for them. I notice the developers at least have the sense now to round up a few large rocks for the landscape when they are clearing land.

let's do a tag to see if we can get a Geologist that likes to enjoy all you wonderful Rock lovers ....oh, and me. How about it Jada? Think we can find one, I think we had one on other thread. Did we??

Sounds good to me. Seems like I remember someone chiming in to give an id some time back. Need to go back over the threads and look them up.

We could also look up some websites and post them for id's.

This is the one I wonder about the most. To me, it looks like the print of an ancient animal.

Thumbnail by LindaTX8

Maybe dinasours roamed there. It is interesting.
There is no knowing, Maybe some one will know..

Maybe you could post the pics on the DG rock forum:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/crag/all/

Nice folks w/ beautiful rocks there also.

This message was edited Dec 20, 2009 6:26 PM

Thank you Aunt_A. I added it to my forums.
You are right. Riticulated Quart, what a beautful word and stone.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

The rocks and mineral forum has some excellent specimen identifiers over there, altagardener stands out.

I took a photo of the geode I found in Texas when I was 12.

Thumbnail by

Then I got carried away and photographed the other rocks I keep in my office. This one is petrified wood, again, from British Columbia

Thumbnail by

The white quartz I found in Germany when I was a kid. The yellow citrine looking one I got at a rock shop up in the Cascades.

Thumbnail by

I found the white quartz. This one, if I'm remembering right, came from Maine. I have no idea where I got the others. I've had the amethyst for a very long time.

Thumbnail by

And last, this is how I display some of the rocks I pick up on the beaches. All of these are from our travels in the summer. I usually clean them really well and then spray them with a clear acrylic so their colors are bright.

Thumbnail by

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.