Omelet and the Hat (i.e. Hattus Horribillis)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I wish snowfullness for all those who wish to glisten; I wish rain for all those in drought; I wish dry, calming winds for all those in monsoon and I wish chocolate for me. really, chocolate is pretty easy in the grand scheme et al. ok that was selfish AHEM I wish sunfulness for those with grey skys and bird song in the desert and for me, I wish my wishes come true ^_^

This message was edited Dec 24, 2009 10:02 PM

This message was edited Dec 24, 2009 10:05 PM

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

CMoxon.. i'm in the southwest corner. The snow is coming from us to you. its almost over here.. we have yet to see a "snowflake" its all sleetycrapstuffs.

Radar says snow is here too.. but i look out my window & what do I see.. not Santa.. not even one tiny snowflake. I want to glisten.. when i said White Christmas.. i stated snow.. not ice. This is just wrong. Either snow me in so family can't come or let the sun shine & warmth so I can run away. The weatherman promised me a blizzard & I have yet to see one.

dalihianut i wish lots of good expensive wonderfully flavored chocolate just for you & a very peaceful beautiful walk later tonight.

Trojan Mouse LOLLLL *wiping tears from eyes*
its all about the cheese .

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

CMoxon.. i hope you keep good expensive cheese for them if they are going to all that trouble to get it.. Or have you strung them up by their tails already on the tree?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Omelet and Pepper are upwardly mobile chickens now....and have moved on from laundry basket living.

"Can you believe this awesome condo?"

"Just the place for two hot chicks."

"And we got the upper level....great view!"

"We are da bomb!"

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

"Did you see this glitzy green feeding station? Totally upscale..."

"Yeah, and this new drink dispenser. We could have parties!"

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

"...and did you see this fleece nest? Right beside the purple poop station? How convenient!"

"I know, and fresh off a sheep too! Real fleece, none of that fake nest material!"

(don't ask me why they poop on the box. I don't know. They do seem to get off the fleece to poop though, which is good. This was scrap fleece from our last shearing...I have bags full)

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

'We are totally set for the winter, girlfriend!"

"I know it! And when spring comes....watch out roos, we're going outdoors!!"

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

too cool and what a view they have, nice bed...

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

i love thier cage.... is it a bird cage or hamster cage? i can't tell exactly.

:)
{{winter weather advisory for Southwest Missouri, 1 -3 in min snow expected}}

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It's actually a rabbit cage....about 40 inches long by 18 inches wide. Nice big area for them.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

as many cardboard boxes as I'm going thru housing chickens in them I will have to look for one of those. It would be worth the cost. I'm running out of places to find big enough boxes.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cool digs for the ladies Dr Doolotz!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Grey - this is it:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002AS42Y/ref=asc_df_B0002AS42Y994674?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=googlecom09c9-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B0002AS42Y

If you look beside the picture of the cage, you will see a box with "large" and "extra large" buttons in it. Mine is the extra large which is $66 but it ships free with super saver ground shipping. They are easy to clean.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

oo they have those at the pet stores here. maybe i can catch an after Christmas sale! Thank you!

I think it should be against natural law for a roo to crow INSIDE the house when you are babying him back to life at daylight. He should at least wait till noon. another morning of this & mom might make dumplings to go with him. She was not pleased with a 5 am wake up call again.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

He is just saying 'thank you' in roo.

Richmond, TX

No, he's claiming your house as his new domain!

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

Every roo i have is pressed beak to window crowing right along with him.. ALL MORNING. I told him in no uncertain terms to shush.. if he would be quiet all day he can have a treat.. he's still mouthing me & crowing. maybe he smelled the chicken cooking.. & the eggs frying.. idk.. but he sure is loud. and he's just learned to crow so he's still that middle school boy croaky sound. He likes to be quiet for a while.. then crow when i've got my back turned so that I shriek in terror.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

hee heeeeee that is too funny Grey.

grey sounds like he has , " a lot to crow about " LOLLL
CMoxon those are two cute chicks you got thar. I love the living qaurters . Very very posh and art deco savvy. is it from IKEA ?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It's from CHIKEA (LOL!)

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

cute...

i think he's protesting that CMoxon's chicks are put up in better quarters than he is.. even tho he's in the kitchen next to the heater vent where he can be hand fed treats everytime i go in there.

ROFLLLL ChICKEA

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The ChicIKEA stores in CA have hattus horribillis too according to the catalogue. They call them 'bun warmers' and
'tea cozys'.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

SHhhhhhh! Dahlianut....not all chickens are fortunate enough to be having a bun warmer or tea cozy to sleep in this year. Don't make the all jealous of mine! It's just not right! Tsk tsk....
How is Ronald?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oops sorry I thought that the ChicIKEA stores were world wide and twould seem bun warmers and tea cozys would be festively available in the time of the cold and the dark. (Sniff) Ronald and I had a tearful parting (sniff) when I left to explore the hills and horses of Rio Rico. We are now in the land of BIG cactii called Tucson where we are also exploring hills. There are some persnickety horse rules in some of these more populated parts :( I did see a horse joyriding in an open trailer today so all is not lost ^_^

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

o my word... i have never in my life heard of an IKEA store.. I thought you guys were losing your marbles again.. Then i turn around & the commercial on tv switches & behold an add for IKEA. I very humbly apologize for thinking you were misplacing you marbles again. I'm guessing this store is beyond amazing the way you talk about it.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

We have an IKEA here. We went there not long after it opened, it was pure craziness. It reminded me of shopping on black friday....did that once, won't do it again.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The trick is to do it backwards Loreen. Bolding walk through the checkout counter. Otherwise they have deviously plotted a 'path' which will hurt your head if you follow it. G'ahead. Try it.

Lodi, United States

I always consider the chaos that is about to descend upon me when I enter IKEA--because I visualize--with the same clarity that I have when I see the obituaries of the people around me as I take my seat on the plane which must surely crash (which is to say, all planes on which I sit)--that one little puff of smoke and the IKEA maze will become a flaming death trap in which our bodies will be found encased in housewares much the way casts of the bodies of the victims in Pompey were found encased in volcanic ash.

Seriously, I've spent hours under normal conditions, struggling to find my way out of IKEA--it is like those carnival House of Mirrors only with kitchen goods and bedding.

Richmond, TX

It's a plot. If they can keep you in there long enough, surely you'll have to buy something.

Lodi, United States

Sigh--I like IKEA, but it brings out the neurotic in my soul.

Richmond, TX

Apparently!

Lodi, United States

I am a delicate and broken blossom.....;0)

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Catsy, hast considered professional help? It might mend and toughen ye olde blossom. Zeeeesh!

does yours have a playground in the middle section ?? one in Ca does . A devious plot i might add.
I prefer TSC for my furniture LOLLL .
i like IKEA but its to far from me.
my chickens have an old tree stump with a nest of ants for their furniture . I better not show them any CHICKEA stuff. THey could go on strike !

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I miss IKEA with an indescribable ache. I used to live within driving distance of two of them in Ontario. Now, the closest one is 6 hours away near Chicago. I have been once. It is not always crazy - but don't go on Saturday afternoons, because then it is.

All my college furniture was from there, and so reasonable, and it wears so well. I still use my IKEA desk that my parents bought me when I entered Junior High School. It's my crafting desk now, but it has worn so well.

Ah, now I am getting misty eyed...

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

well i'm going to assume.. since the ad was on my tv.. that we will be getting one somewhere close... soon.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I always get excited about ads for new cool things until I realize I'm watching tvland from Atlanta or Boston sigh.

Clarkson, KY

Eurowalmart...brotherling gave me an earful after studying them in an MBA class...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.