CHICKSS Sulking Queue

Clarkson, KY

Thus far we have..........

ZeeZ:purple/pink ✓ Catsy
g_g: greens ✓ grow
batflower: shades of not... ✓ Claire?!
greykyttyn: blues not citrusies ✓Loreen
fran: blueypurpleyoooeyy ✓Loreen
byndeweedBeth: green to match her eyes or purple or grey???
Mistress Dahlianut ✓grow
Billy ✓Mistress Wren done 'im proud!!
Doe: clear, though the aura test said violet and yellow? ???
Melissa_Ohio: NWD any colour to wear with black coat. ???
Jayryunen: Watch cap...hmmm....
corrections or amendments??

This message was edited Dec 26, 2009 10:43 AM

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Fran if you would like a hood cowl I have one almost half finished int these colors

Thumbnail by wren107
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Well done Grow. I have to get going on Batflower's but it has to wait until after exams and after I finish my parents' Christmas gifts. Sigh. I need to spin some wool for it from my flock.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I have this which I made that has a dark grey base but I did use some muted dyes on the same grey base so they are sort of dark muted colours, but probably still too colourful for our dear Bat.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It looks a lot brighter in that picture due to the flash, than it really is. It's dark grey plied with the muted colour stuff....

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Clarkson, KY

I'm amazed at how smooth that is and how soon! Well DONE, Claire!! Go, Lady!!

Lodi, United States

I love that yarn! Don't you think you could overtwist it....just enough?

Clarkson, KY

Hah! Caught one...

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

o i love that yarn. You did a great job on the colors on that one.

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

That yarn is just gorgeous! The stuff I spun looked like a kitten had played with a hank of yarn and twisted it a little bit. Granted it was artsy looking, but not by intent. I love what you've done with yours!

I didn't catch it....SULK!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I didn't just make it Grow - it was from a few weeks ago, before school became the be-all-and-end-all in the approach to exams. I am currently working on some new "beehive" type yarn in blue and white that I want to look sort of icicle-y and all.

Catsy, I have yet to send you the other overtwisted yarn and there is a book...well....you know, it has to wait until after torts has been written. Which reminds me, how are the naiad socks?

Thanks all for the nice comments on the yarn!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

That is beautiful Wren... but I would not want to push my way in front of anyone..
I shall remain in the corner swimming in my own drool, waiting patiently.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

but what shall I do with the pink nwd....

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

Now...how did that happen? I know Claire would never shirk her studies for anything so pink....so how to explain it?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It was done on some short study breaks....a girl's gotta knit when a girl's gotta knit.

Lodi, United States

It looks very nice....{{{slight twinge of envy}}}.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh, and Catsy, did you see, did you notice? The 2 x 2 ribbing? I am purling with abandon! I think I will do stripes of 2x2 rib, garter, and stockinette, then back to 2x2. It'll be a textury thing.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

it could be yours....but I generally think of you as rather more staid with your colour choices....after all, I think you said black, grey, navy for socks. (oh, excuse me while I stifle a yawn)

Lodi, United States

AND deep, deep, melancholy purple...

I did notice the ribbing and thought it very elegant and creative.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

It is very pretty.. and fuzzy..

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

pretty pink & fuzzy. Looks very warm whoever gets it will be very blessed.

Clarkson, KY

Naiad?!?! Aaaaahhhhgck!!

really amazing color, Claire, truly-uly-uly...

I am back to working on scarfs- cowls are weird!!!!! My DM would not let me take a picture with it on. LOL

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Cmoxon - your gray based muted colours wool is a little more colourful than anything I would usual wear but....I really, really like it! It's soooo nice and one of a kind :-)

Moxie, that pink bit is lovely, and the purls and knits most impressive. But I'm in love with those sheep - what are they? Are they just decorative or are they somehow associated with the knitting process. Having been a shepherdess myself eons ago I have a soft spot for all things sheepy; in fact, I confess I ate a lamb chop tonight.

Clarkson, KY

MMmmm. I had lamb stuffed butternut parmesan. And am 20" in to the first NWD...greenybloooey...

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Grownut, you are ahead of me. I just measured, I'm at 18 inches. I have to make cookies tonight so won't get any more knitting done until tomorrow.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

CMoxon, your yarn is absolutely beautiful! I love colors like that! And you made it? You go, girl!

Lodi, United States

Me too, me too! I am at 20"!

I'm starting over. Darn

Lodi, United States

I thought another colourless person was doing batflower?

Clarkson, KY

??? I'd just assumed from Claire's angley-wangling about colorless sheep's wool....

Lodi, United States

I went back and looked--and...now don't let this unnerve you...but....I AM WRONG!

In my defense: Claire has not yet committed to doing batflower's...but she is certainly leading her on.

Richmond, TX

Wrong? No, it can't be! The earth is trembling.

I think Batflower should have the very pink creation and LIVE a little! It's not too late, surely.

Lodi, United States

Pink and black! Very "National Velvet"......

Clarkson, KY

Ooooo....batflower as Liz Taylor...hmmm....well I'd kinda assumed, between Canadian and sheepy, that Claire had emotionally committed and should be held accountable...but I'm a pushy wench...

Oooo, grownut, recipe please? I sometimes stuff zucchini boats with lamb but I've never grown butternut; I should try, since I think they're supposed to be resistant to visitations from SVBs...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Catscan, do not think that I have not noticed your evasion of the naiad sock question. Ahem. So, having been wrong once, and avoided the answer, it is now encumbent upon you to come clean. BTW I believe MissJ wants to know what yarn you used for her super socks.

Batflower....sooooo, do I take it that you have (in the oh-so-diplomatic Canadian way that I am very accustomed to) subtly asked for your NWD to be created in that yarn? If so, I would be delighted to do so! I think you will find the colours will not be as bright when you see it because that was a close-up with flash, which made them stand out more.

Greenhouse-Gal - the sheep are definitely associated with the knitting process because they are consultants. They must provide approval periodically as a project progresses. It keeps me on the straight and narrow. They are made from modeling clay and a friend of mine makes them. I have some with little eye hooks on the top with gold thread for hanging on the tree too. :-) A whole flockful! Eating lamb chop is something I can no longer do, I'm afraid. I have grown too fond...

The pink creation will need to be put on hold pending the Batflower creation.

Moxie, those sheep are to die for! Back in my shepherdess days I made sheep ornaments out of baker's clay, but they were flat. And they had tiny flower sprigs in their wool, à la Our Animal Friends at Maple Creek Farm (or wherever that was - it's a kids' book that my young'uns loved). I used them as ornaments on my gift wrap, and some people who got them still hang them on their tree. I think I still have a couple that go up every Christmas.

If not for gustatory pleasures, what dost thou with excess sheep?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Sigh, excess sheep are something I have not had to deal with yet, but I will this year. I live in a small rural development that actually has a housing association. We are the only members besides one of the 3 landowners. The "official" rules are set forth with max #s of animals. We are allowed (LOLOL) 4 sheep per lot. We have 2 lots. We have 23 sheep. Ummmm.... Anyway, of the 23, 14 should be lambing this year, so I will need to cut back. I am hoping to sell some breeding stock from the registered Icelandics and BFL sheep, and then maybe some to spinners flocks if I can. Otherwise, yes I will have to send some for processing and I hate that. Kelly will eat it though, and if it is an older ram, we can probably use it for our dog food also.

I love the sound of your ornaments! They sound really cute!

I can probably get you a sheep knitting consultant, if you are interested!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.