Mother of Thousands

Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

Not sure what catagory this thing falls under but it's going to bloom - It's pitiful looking I know

Thumbnail by pdoyle23323
Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

close up

Thumbnail by pdoyle23323
Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

Buds, leaf & babies

Thumbnail by pdoyle23323

Very nice and you will have to post a picture when it bloom's. It is a Kalanchoe, and most likely "diagremontiana".

zone 6a, KY

I wonder, do you get it to bloom the same way as other kalanchoe and christmas cacti? Either a cool treatment and/or shortened day length?

I can't answer your question Dawn but I bet pdolye can.

(Zone 1)

Pitiful looking? I think not! It's very pretty! I love them but they are invasive here. There's a patch growing at the edge of a wooded lot down the street from me and it looks really neat when they are all in bloom. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/594/

Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

To be honest with you, I could not tell you what made it bloom. I had it sitting in that pot by the little fish pond we did and the poor thing kept getting knock over and hardly ever watered and fried under the intense sun all summer. You can't kill it. I put it in my GH the night before I heard we were going to have a freeze. So I kept it out as long as I could in the elements.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

This is the one Kalanchoe that I will not keep, as it will contaminate all your other pots with baby plants all ready to go. If you have to, keep it isolated.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.