Fall / Autumn
(62 votes, 31%)
Red dot

Winter
(4 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Kitchener, ON(Zone 5A)

I think I picked summer as it is the longest season that I can garden :)
Spring is nice but short here and fall quickly becomes winter in Canada.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Spring means the long winter is over and I can get back outside digging in the dirt and watching things grow. It also means the start of several months of good warmer weather.

Floydada, TX(Zone 7a)

Summer is much too hot here in Texas and is my least favorite season. Spring isn't bad, except the wind is often blowing like the dickens. I like winter just fine...I love snow and wish we got more of it here. But fall beats them all! It's juuuuust right.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

summer is just right for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I like all of them except Autumn... Winter is nice, but it takes more for mail to move.. and can't garden outside. But snow is great fun - if it doesn't get under your clothes and to your shoes. :)

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

I love autumn! The temps cool off a bit, the flowers bounce back! The air is crisp & refreshing! the farmers are back in the fields harvesting! The only part I don't like is that winter is on it's way! Julie

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I dont like the smell of falling leaves... and raining.. :(

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Love Winter! Snowmobiling, cross country sking, and walking in the forest with a fresh fallen snow. Absolutely my favorite. "T" :)

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

I picked Fall and Autumn, it's the only time I can grow plants that need cool weather to get started before the heat waves fry them.

Also it's when you have more holidays to spend time with family members.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Since we really don't have but 2 seasons here Spring and winter I have to go with Spring. New green grass on the hillsides and pastures dotted with daffodills!

Mesa, AZ

I appreciate spring and the return to outdoors to see green things. Fall is nice if I could just concentrate on the pretty colors & brisk air but I always see it as the precursor to winter (with its bare trees & bonechilling winds in this humid state) but ... Summer, ah, that's my favorite!!!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I still want an 'all of the above' - I am partial to spring and fall, but summer and winter are all right, too. I guess I'll have to vote fall - thngs have slowed down and it's still nice enough to be out. A little peace and quiet and the colors, even when they've faded to a thousand shades of browns and greys.

Petaluma, CA

Summer was wonderful for me this year! I have new raised beds to putter around with, and the border is bustin' with naturalized Cosmos and nasturtiums (hiding the perennials I put in last spring...). I have had the best time playing out there. We were also graced with perfect weather. So right now, summer's my favorite.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I prefer the fall as it seems so many of the flowers are in full bloom now, and some of the earlier flowers are blooming again. With some things dying down, I rediscover other little plants that had been hidden under other foliage and that have been sulking all summer. If they don't do something mighty quick, it will have been their last summer!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

My favorite is spring, fall running a close second. I work in my yard frantically in the spring, then it gets too hot and I get lazy.

Mason, MI

Spring's the season for me.
I think that it's the promise of all that is yet to come.
Oscarsdotter :-)

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

I voted for fall/autumn,but spring really has to tie. I miss the changing leaves,but love to see the first blooms of spring. Only time I miss snow is on Christmas as I grew up in Pa.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

An "all of the above" would have been good. My favorite is usually whatever season I'm in, except Winter (when Christmas is over, I'm ready for Spring!)

But since we had to pick, I chose Spring. There's just something about that first really warm day when you work in the yard until dusk. The twilight lingers a bit longer, and the cool night air lets you know it's not summer yet, but it's just around the corner :)

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Autumn brings fresh apples, cool crisp air, beautiful autumn leaves, school, football... All these bring back such wonderful memories and promise more wonderful memories to come.

Midland, PA

All of the above but since I have to choose - Spring. Summer, fall and winter mean soooo much more work. The lazyness in me likes spring so you can take it slow and easy and it's not to hot or cold to work.

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

i PICKED SPRING AS THAT IS WHEN MOTHER NATURE COMES BACK TO LIFE. WHEN THE CROCUS AND DAFODILS POKE THERE HEADS UP, IT PICKS ME UP AND PUTS A SMILE ON MY FACE.
TRAILINGON

Tilton, NH(Zone 4a)

I love both Spring and Fall, but since I had to choose one... I chose spring. I love watching things appear, day by day, and unfold, or flower, or whatever they are doing! Summer is often too hot, and winter means no plants, really. Fall I love for the colors, the lack of mosquitoes, and especially for the way it smells.

Cedar

As with everyone here,tough to choose only 1'

However,after the hub-bub of spring,into summer with storms,etc,much to do,then comes fall,my favorite' The last great "hurrah" of the year,before resting'

I make notes of everything before the snow cover and reflect back to all the work and joy' I'm making ready for falling leaves,childrens'laughter with the Harvest Activities and planning next years' sites for new plants.

Crisp mornings,a cup of steaming fresh tea and watching nature scurry to beat "Old Man Winter"

Lyndeborough, NH

I happen to like fall in New England the best.

The colors of mom natures trees refecting on a still lake is still a memorable expression at it's finest.

Byron

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Plantnutz - LOL, that's me, too. I am gung-ho in the Spring, but poop out when the weather gets sticky and hot. Very late winter and early spring are cool because I'm tending flats of babies I imagine beautifying our yard and the yards of our friends and family. That's a good thing! And you're ready for sunshine, blooms and fresh breezes after being cooped up inside all dreary winter long.

:-)

Miami, FL

In Miami (Coconut Grove to be exact) you look forward to our winter! It's sort of equivalent to everyones Autumn. Of course without the leaves changing. Hey, If our palms fronds changed colors like your oak leaves we would give the poor thing a dose of minerals. :)

I love Spring for the hope and promise it brings. The dreary days of winter slip away as new life bursts forth in bud and bloom. The air is fresh, spring rains bring on the mushrooms and the wildflowers I picked as a child. Spring in central Ohio is WONDERFUL!! The redbud, dogwoods, crab apples and blooming shrubs are show-stoppers. I love the colors and smells of Fall, but it's promise leaves much to be desired!

Muncy, PA(Zone 5a)

I picked summer because I just love my garden in all array of color. As I am getting older, (not 40 yet!!) I like the heat more and more. Can you tell I don't live in the deep south :). Spring is great too but summer is my favorite.

West Portsmouth, OH(Zone 6a)

Spring, to me, is a time of rejuvenation. It does my 'self-soul', so much good, to see the green growth, sprouting from the ground and limbs! The same anticipation is there, year after year! Life is good!

Lebanon, MO

I voted for spring ! time to get outside after a winter that I do not like . an ex Ca. native stuck in Mo. lol Gin

Bonifay, FL(Zone 8a)

I picked spring when life is renewed ... it brings out the birds and the bees and tulips and the trees ...
big white clouds on a field of blue that drops the rain when God says its due .... Green fields of grass that wave in the wind as if to say winter is past ...the garden comes alive with Hosta eyes and butterflys ...the days get longer but not this thread ...

Greenw@@d

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Summer is when I come alive and I start to get very depressed as autumn arrives and we lose all those beautiful daylight hours. I love to wake up in the morning and see the sun shining and beckoning me to come out and play in the garden.

Donna

(Zone 5a)

Donna I couldn't have said it better.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

the thought of seeing my snowdrop collection in bloom again was enough reason to vote for spring.

by this stage you know that good weather is just around the corner and the rest of the garden will spring into life.

Mark

I pick the Fall/Autumn....after the long hot summer,it's time for a nice long rest and to do the inside chores that don't get done during the summer months. I like the crispness in the air,all the leaves changing color, and just sitting back and enjoying nature more. Plus it is a good time to sit back and look through seed catalogs and plan next years gardening beds and bake to my hearts content......which is never,but the smell of nice fresh home baked bread on a crisp morning.......what could be better?Yep! Fall has to be my favorite time of year.

New Paris, OH

I was born in the spring so there are birthdays to look forward too as well as opening up the gardens, taking off my shoes and socks and walking in green grass. There are the early flowers blooming (crocus, daffydills, etc) followed by irises (my favorite flower). The greens come back to be eaten after a winter of dried, frozen and canned food. nothing like a salad of baby gredens when you haven't had any in months. The bird song and the crowing of roosters returns in spring and the days get longer. What's not to like

Okay mud, tornados and return of pest bugs are not so great things about spring.

I like autumn an awful lot too-turning leaves, huge flocks of birds gathering for their flights south. Putting up food for the winter months ahead, putting the gardens to bed, halloween.

Rapid City, SD(Zone 5b)

I like new beginnings - particularly sunrises and spring time. Everything seems to "come alive" again. It's like a promise kept.

(Zone 6a)

I hate winter, so I picked summer......spring would be my second choice, since it is the time mother nature awakens.

I picked spring for the beautiful new life and wonderful spring bulbs blooming. Also, my children have birthdays in the Spring as do I...... I get excited about planting but dislike pulling weeds in the summer :o(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.