December Garden, Landscape, Plant & Activities Photos

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Well, we should have one of these threads, so here it is. Please feel free to post whatever photos of your garden, plant or related activities that may be of interest.

Well, transplanting this Camellia, Winter's Snowman in July didn't hurt the blooms at all.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I got to know some of the folks in the PNW forum from various vole threads. Seems those nasty suckers are raiding gardens everywhere. Yesterday, I came across this interesting thread there. It's about a new product from Liquid Fence that supposedly will give you an edge on dealing with plants that are marginally hardy for your area. It is interesting. I can see me using some maybe on my Magnolias.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060543/

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's something I've never seen before. A Jade Plant in bloom.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Wow, that thing must be ancient! I see my favorite Fuchsia hanging out in the corner :)

I really need to get some pics to add to this thread. It took me forever to get photos of my completed "projects" and now I've got to take some of our new tile floor in the kitchen, our latest "activity". I'll also plan to take some of the neat houseplants we couldn't resist bringing home on Tuesday :)

I thought about adding these to the Garden Objects thread but figured it's appropriate here because it has been my latest activity - my obsession with looking for garden art! Rick's noticed my obsession - our computers are side by side in the office and he's seen me scrolling through endless sites! He also knew I was making a list and saw something on the list he liked and told me to order it as my Christmas gift from him :) I decided against that particular item and ordered two other items instead - figured I'd get two for the price of one! LOL When I told him what I had done he was disappointed I didn't get the first item and told me to order it anyway!!! So....I got three gifts instead of one :))) This the "original" gift that came yesterday and I love it! The only problem I have is Rick wants to place it in the gardens by the front door. I really wanted to use it near what I call my "dream stream", another project which will hopefully become a "reality" soon!

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

This was on my Christmas list last year and I still wanted it, has the effect of a gazing ball in the garden but I like it better! Best part was this year it was on sale :) It's not quite as tall as I'd like but I'm hoping I can add something as a base to give it more height in the gardens.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

And third gift, a lantern to hang from the gazebo :)

I AM totally obsessed! LOL I decided to have the crew that laid the ceramic tile in the kitchen finish the siding under the deck while they were here. Talk about an OLD unfinished project - Rick started the siding in 1997 and never finished!!! When we were discussing what they would use for the trim around the door and windows Rick didn't think it was necessary - it IS under the deck and no one really ever sees the area :( The clincher in our discussion was..."Do you want to spend money on the trim or buy more garden art?" I'm sure you can figure out what I chose! LOL

AND, get this!! I got a request yesterday from Master Tag to use one of my photos from PlantFiles and they're going to pay me $50.00 :))) We should use it to reimburse ourselves for the "extra" Christmas gift but since it was totally unexpected and it IS "my" photo, I'm going to check my "list" and buy another garden object!

Thumbnail by rcn48
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL The things we rationalize!! They are all lovely RCN. I really like the stone. You'll have to show us the photo you sold.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

A 12' tall Dahlia????

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1061967/

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

The photo they liked was one I posted to PF - Hemerocallis 'Chicago Picotee Lace' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/11317/. After looking at it I decided to "clean up" the foliage a bit - figured they might as well get their money's worth! LOL

Thumbnail by rcn48
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Love the garden art RCN especially the first pic with dragon fly in stone.
Our winter garden effort yesterday consisted of finally planting the amaryllis bulbs.
One of the bags had started to bloom when I opened it up I found some already flowering bulbs. All the other bags were just fine.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Holly, here's an idea for your wreath making men. I saw this at a local nursery and thought it was ingenious. It's 2 crescent shaped sections, that when the doors are closed, form a wreath. I might try it on my deck doors.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Stormy that is beautiful.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

That is very pretty! Nice idea!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

What a great idea - I love it! I don't have double doors like that but wrapping the door with the ribbon creates a really special look. I'm supposed to be making a wreath for the front door and if I actually do it I'm going to have to get some extra ribbon and try this - thanks for posting this :)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Josh came over this afternoon to make his swags. Ric cut some Holly, Juniper and White Pine from the yard to add to the Douglas Fir we got from a friend that sells Christmas Trees. We all had a pretty good time listening to Christmas music and watching Josh work on his swags. We were both pretty tired after an afternoon of cleaning and plant moving so we will do our decorations another day.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric showed him how to make these last year and he has it down pat now.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Holly & Rick, You've done taught that young man well!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Stormy, Josh called Ric the swag guru. On Ric's suggestion he added the white pine and it made them look really nice. They are pretty simple and basic but they will look really nice from a distance and they are going on the outside of the house and most of them will be hard hit by the weather.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very nice... love home made things!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

There's that handsome young man again :) I can't believe someone hasn't snagged him yet!

I had really hoped to get out and gather some tips for decorating yesterday before the rain today but have had a couple of really stressful days dealing with pet problems. I'll have to post a "pupdate" to fill you in :(

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL rcn, I keep wishing he would settle down but not yet. He's a really nice guy, too. One of those kinds that everybody likes. Although there have always been girls none of them have been serious for a very long time. There were a couple with job offers out of state and I think they may have stayed if he would have given them any reason, too.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it will happen... someone will sweep him off his feet

;)

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, Josh would definitely be a catch for some lucky gal, especially as Holly has trained him so well.

The Double Knockout Roses have withstood these freezing winds very well.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

How is this storm treating your gardens. My Juniper hedge is buried. I am sure there will be some broken branches. Well nice thing about the Juniper is it will fill back in given time.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I did get out with a leaf rake and got the corners by the driveway and a good bit of the backside done. It was hanging out so far that it was blocking part of the lane and driveway Even with the rake I can't reach it all.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Please give me a little credit in housebreaking Josh, WE TRAINED HIM WELL! LOL Ric
By the way, he can cook, and does windows!

This message was edited Dec 22, 2009 3:29 AM

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Maybe if we could find Josh a lady, would we all be invited to the wedding? LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.