SUNFLOWERS for 2010#2 - WHOSE IN?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well we came from here....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056996/

Doncha just hate when the sunnies do that..

Well, Merry Christmas everyone, c'mon in!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

looks like I feel....LOL

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

If you have dialup and are on other threads that I started and are falling out becasue the thread gets too long, let me know to make a new link. If I dont know we keep going on!

So where were we all? Whose here?

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh, I got lost on here but found my way here. This is Sunflower "Titan"

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!!! Thaaat good huh P? I loved that sunny, it just had that "shoot me" look! Frat on it though as I lost her seed to the mush disaster of 2009!

Well Cheerup... better days ahead..

Um, I had a request for starting some 2010 threads sooo.. tyring to honor that.. If anyone is up for annual poppies.. Im working on it.

So whats your favorite carols while we wait for planting time? Gonna be awhile before I see any new babies like these....

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, shoot, RED beat me to the poppies.. go here...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1054993/

So as I was saying on the sunnies.. gonna be a long winter...

Instead of sangin "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas" you could be sangin "I'm Dreaming Of A Green Springtime". That'll work.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, if I know Red shes listening to sumthin like.. Jingle Bells Shotgun shells, gramma got rund over by a raindeere or some organic thang!

I'm not touching that one!!! You know she's watching and we'll be hearin from her!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I kinda like the Oopers at Christmas.. theys just sooo country! And so Canadian... eh! (key word for Canadian.. all sentences end in ...eh!)

Course then again I like the Chipmunks too.. AL-VINNNNNN!.....but thats a personal thing!

I like Bings version of WC myself. Love that old time stuff. Love that part when they pay respects to the OLD MAN.. you just dont get that much anymore. Or how about the Duke..all those oldie war movies.. Yano, the old Duke was one fella that never fought a battle in real life on the actual battle fieldfront, but got a PURPLE HEART for his efforts in war support in his day. Those old boys had it going! You just gotta salute them old boys for what they did and the men and women that are in the real battles. SAAAA-LUTE!

here ya'll go.. the White version of WC!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Christmas_(song)

Well, anyway Jon, I tried those African Daisys once... that was as far as they went... (ONCE!).. but the're a nice plant though.. make a great GH $ pot crop!

I speak much better "Canadian" than I do Southern, that's for sure. I'm usually in Toronto once or twice a year. Those African Daisy varieties have improved greatly in the last few years. The "Asti White" and "Asti Purple" ones are 2008 All American Selections gold medal winners. My two "Asti Purple" plants, on the side of the house, survived the Florida summer. Not many winter plants make it through the summers down here, ya know. I dug em up and have repotted them until I decide which sunnier location to pit them in. They make a great GH $ pot crop because they grow and bloom very very fast from seed.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

actually I prefer Brenda Lee's,Johnny Mathis and who's that new kid that croons like Sinatra,Dean Martin and others....even ole Bing has some I like....but I do occassionaly like some of the newer "rocked out Xmas" songs

Please no barking dogs Xmas carols!!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

woof woof woof.. oops.. ! thems real not no record.

That "Sinatra" like voice is most likely either Harry Connick Jr or that Canadian named Michael Buble. One of my neighbors has some electronic devise out in the yard that blares out Christmas songs. It takes about 15 minutes to go through the complete cycle of music. I'm 4 houses away and I can still hear it pretty easily when I'm sitting out in the yard, at night, looking at everyones Christmas lights.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,love Harry to but it's Michael I'm talking about...sings beautifully and has them thar sexy eyes.

Yeah, it took a few years for Michael to be popular outside of Canada, but it has finally happened.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Barry White and Lou Rauls had voices smooth and hushy voices that were so fine.

Tom Jones has a song we can't think of the name so I can find the cd. If you saw the movie The Full Monty,it was the ones the guys stripped to. You Can Leave Your Hat On? I'd love to find that one for one of my fitness classes I hope to start after the first and some other songs in the same vein. Gonna call it "Stripness Class"....LOL. If ya gotta exercise,might as well make it fun.

Yes, Tom Jones had a song named "You Can Leave Your Hat On". Most people, in this country, thought he disappeared from the music scene for many many years, but he didn't. He continued singing and most of his songs were released in Germany first, and then in the rest of Europe. Earlier this decade he finally had a song, composed in Germany, that eventually became popular in the US. It was titled "Sex Bomb"...and that was the return of music in this country.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Woo-Hoo I found Tom and sound track from The Full Monty on amazon.com

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

P, you ought to do the fitness class to the closing scene on Blazing Saddles! HAH! Now thaaaats funny! I can just see you oldie raisonettes running around in yer pilattes tights to that one!

Push out yer gut, put out yer butt...., ummmm hoz it go???

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Wait a dang minute! I AM NOT a Raisinette.

Don't recall the closing scene of Blazing Saddles.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

well yer old and wrinkly like me.. aintcha? thats what I meant silly
.....er is that pruney?

er are you still trowelling the makeup on ta hide those crevices? ...you must got stock in sakrete. I gave up sakrete long time ago when my bottom fell out.

Do you recall the part of where he abuses the horse and socks him in the snout?

That was mean.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

BB....LOL. Well age is creeping up on me but other around me still swear I look like I'm in my late 40's but I think they may just be buttering me up to tape me for a loan...LOL.Plumb but body still in shape from all those years of slammin' iron. Muscles are still there....just covered up with that fluffy stuff*G*

I barely recall anything about Blazing Saddles.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Well, push out yer butt, stick out yer gut! LOL! I can remember the tune of that, but thats all the werds! Well we dont neeed no stinking badges at our age either!

Ok, gotta run...the town of Rockridge is east of heyar! Gotta grab that gold hoss and gidyap!

How can you ferget a name like Heady Lamar! LOL! Or the babe that sang Im tared! Or MONGO!!! MONGO was sooooo sweet!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh...I remember the "We don't need no stinkin' badges" part....and the "beans" part.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, it was a rather untasteful movie in its day, but I think it made people realize we all gotta laugh at our sorry selves. We really all can be a dumb human race.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

JON!

I got the sunflowers you sent me! I was wishing for Jade and Starburst! Many thanks!

That's cool. I didn't know they were on your wishlist. Neat

(Zone 6a)

I'm in for 2010! I'm hoping to grow Teddy Bear this year. I love that sunny!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Steven!! OooOh Teddy Bears sound so cute! Welcome back!

I just got a mixed pack of NOID pretty colors!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I got my "Chocolate"

Chocolate is a nice one. It's similar to Moulin Rouge......probably the darkest one out there.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Reeses?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

http://www.reneesgarden.com/seeds/seeds-hm/flowersS.htm

thars a chocky on this page!

I'll have to try that "Chocolate Cherry" Sunflower again. Tried a couple of them last summer and they were a bit small. Doesn't mean there always going to be small cause there's usually quite a difference from plant to plant. Speaking of chocolate...someone at the hockey game on Saturday gave me this 44oz Hershey's Chocolate "Big Kiss". It's this monster sized hollow Hersheys Kiss filled with a package of the regular sized Hershey's Kisses. Gonna take me a couple of days to eat that thing!!! LOL

(Zone 6a)

A hersheys kiss fill filled with more hersheys kisses? sounds pretty good!
do you have any pics of the Choclate Cherry?

It sure tastes pretty good. It's enormous. I didn't take any pictures of Chocolate Cherry Sunflower last summer. Growing very few sunflowers right now because the daylight hours are still short. Probably will start planting more of them beginning in March/April.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I wanna get SUNNY SMILE! Its a cute lil minature!

Other miniatures I would love to try are BIG SMILE and FIRECRACKER.. Would make nice pot crops

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Woo-hoo! Finally found someone with "Chocolate" sunflower seeds to trade!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

are they minis?!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.