New bees Seed Junkie chit chat Come in!! 11-12-09

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

New Thread 12-14-09*************** http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1062818/#new *************New Thread

Starting Date 12-02-09

Come on in everyone beware of creeping vines.. We came form here'''
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1055568/#new

Direction for free seed here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Bed for newbies here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Jan's Seed Auction here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036526/#new

The high priestess and her Loyal followers Brug sprout off contest
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

This message was edited Dec 3, 2009 4:57 AM

This message was edited Dec 14, 2009 10:15 AM

This message was edited Dec 14, 2009 10:20 AM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

One more Picture did you all see that I posted yes one again the wrong date?? Cant fix it so we will just go with it...Right?
I love this picture

Thumbnail by arejay59
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I wish we had the color changes here as you guys do up north... it's so beautiful! but, you can keep the freezing temps...LOL

Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

I du think the temps come along with the changes!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

But the leaves are,indeed, very beautiful this year.

Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

Our leaves are mostly gone.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Our leaves are gone too along with the warmer weather...the picture was taken the end of October. It is beautiful here in the fall. Cue it is really cold here...

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

currently here in not so sunny FL, the temp is 70 F. our high today is supposed to be 75 F and cloudy... just thought I'd rub it in a bit ;)

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh, you are BAD!!! It is currently 46 f. here and that is not bad.
You girls need to get over to mekos trade and makea bid on
those seeds. I want some competition, Help!!! She has some neat items listed over there.
RRM and Charley
Here is a pic I took of him, got it for my screensaver. Let me know how you like this???

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

can someone post the link? i have no idea where it is.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Here you go Cue

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056916/

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Robin... I've got an envelope stuffed with seeds. If I cant get to the PO today, it will go out tomorrow.
Most everything is in it's individual baggie, but some are 'bulk' but i made seed tags for them, just put them all in the larger bag.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ok, wanna share some news with everyone...

ive been an absentee member for awhile for several reasons, but one reason in particular was actually a happy one.

A friend of mine owns a shop.. and for the past few years, her shop has been located in a local strip mall. The opportunity presented itself to move the shop from its existing cookie cutter strip mall location, to a 150 + year old, (actually, oldest house int he area) two story Victorian mansion. along with this new house came a beautiful wrap around porch and a sizable back garden 9overgrown with weeds, dead wood and alot of unpruned and unkept shrub, trees and plants), the house being empty for several years and no one taking care of the grounds.

naturally, I was given the task of restoring the garden to its former 19th century Victorian glory. there are quite a few plants and shrubs that will be cleaned up and kept, and alot of unruly non natives that will be erradicated (can you say Mexican petunia???). I have managed to harvest a few various seeds from my own plants to sprout... such as morning glory for the arbors and Night blooming jasmine... however, ther is a long wish list of basic herbs and plants that are still needed.

the plan is.. to have a working kitchen herb garden, a butterfly and humming bird garden as well as a shade garden. the front wrap around porch is almost completely shaded and faces west, and tho it would normally get alot of afternoon sun, the 150 yr old spanish moss draped oak is sort of a natural umbrella. My plan is for some impatiens there, but would also need a few taller shade loving plants as backdrop against the porch railing.
If any of you gals have ideas for the front western shaded area.. let me know. also... seeds.. glorious seed would be welcomed as well. if, say, you happen to have any spare from your harvest lying around needing a purpose in life. or the best place to purchase them.

a list of some simple seeds needed are;

HERBS

chamomile
sage
basil
thyme
rosemary
catnip
dill
oregano
parsley
mint
lemon grass
lavender

Flowers:

impatiens
cone flowers
rose
butterfly/milkweed
salvia
marigold
honeysuckles
morning glories
sunflowers
daisies
vinca
cosmos
anything that will attract birds and butterflies is a bonus

really.. anything is welcome, provided its not drastically outside its zone. just let me know in a dmail... i am eager to get some things started so by spring they will be ready to transplant! I am the only person taking on this project as i have yet to gather any volunteers.. so any tips, tricks, shortcuts or advice any of you may have will be very very very much appreciated!

YOURS,
cue.

Morning everyone

Thanks for the new thread Robin. Great picture

58º this am. Cloudy and cool

Hope everyone has a great day.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

cue -- too bad I've closed up that envie to Robin... some of what you are looking for, i've stuffed all my extras into it - heading for the newbies. The grounds sound fantastic. l love those big porches, and that spanish moss sounds heavenly.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

its going to be one heck of a project.. for sure. the entire grounds needs an overhaul... lots of digging, pulling, pruning and killing to be done, then mapping , more digging and planting... wow.. i think i'll need more help...lol

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Cue give me some time to go through my seeds I might have some of what you want. I do have some lavendar I can get cuttings from if you tell me how many you need

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

cue, I have some sunflower,marigold and purple cone flower and some zinna I can send you. Will put them in the mail tomorrow.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

MINDY!!!!!!! you are such a sweetheart! whatever can be spared, whether or not its on the list is greatly appreciated... im trying to locate as many containers for seed starting as i can...lol... gonna be a lot of flowers.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanknk you Flower and bless you... every little bit helps! everytime i walk into that yard, i become overwhelmed with how much work there is to be done... its just... yeah.

ive got to clear off a space on my patio to start these seeds... I feel so blessed to have such generous friends as you... really.. you guys are absolutely amazing!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey Terese why not send Arejay a demail giving her permission to give Cue some of your seeds? She will if you tell her it's Ok with you

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Cue that sounds like a great opportunity for you to do some fabulous things at that place! Good for you! Let me check my seeds when I got home tonight. I have lots of different herb seeds. Welcome back to the fun - I sure missed ya!

Robin - I soooooooo miss the fall in Maine, but then I remember winter comes fast and I don't miss it so much - lol. It sure is the prettiest time of year though...

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ok everybody I have an idea!! How about we take a vote!!! I am printing the list of seed that Cue is looking for. We can make it a Christmas Project. Cue can post pictures before during and after. We from the newbee seeds will donate what we have that she is looking for. She will at seed saving time in the new glorious garden send the newbies seeds of whatever she has grown to put back into the newbie pot ??? Ok with everyone....

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

thats fine with me. I am send out some of what she wants tomorrow.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Very good idea Robin. Wonder if we can make her pay interest by sending in some of the seeds she said she saved already from there? OK I'll be good now gotta get back to work on an afghan I'm putting together that's killing my poor eyes. Dark color are defintiely out for this crocheter from now on SIGH but it will be worth it when I get it done.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Well I didnt write that Mindy but that was what I was thinkin....I am pretty sure we can double our money(seeds ) in this deal....

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sounds good to me Robin!

Well, I got chamomile if that helps I can donate.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I'l take it mekos...LOL.. and I will donate any and all seeds from this garden to the 'Save a Newbie Fund' yup yup... you can have em all.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Isn't it nice to have our Cue back I do beleive she's the only one of us who says yup yup like that.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

and woot!! . . . don't forget woot!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

lol... yup yup, I am back... WOOT!

Now we can get back to blaming it all on Cue! hehehe

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

hey now...lol

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Robin -- in my package to you... there are Agastache, [good for butterflies and bees] short mounding Marigolds [orange and burgundy in color] Morning Glories... "grandPa Ott" and Star of Yelta [both purple] some cosmos and possibly an Early Sunrise Coreopsis. [I didnt make a list, but that is the gist of my seeds that i am sending]

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Yep we can Mekos. Cue we had to pick on Mekos since you weren't around and Robin didn't stay around long enough to sub for you.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH.. i just remember, a decent bag of Upright Yellow Coneflowers [basically yellow Mexican hats]

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

i want TC's pack...ROTFL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

It is Cue I can see it now I was thinking it was really Lucy and she was pretending to be Cue. I was sure Cue was with KT3 I thought for sure Lucy had swallowed her whole and was hanging pretending to be Cue so Kt2 would go visit and shed be gone too!!
Whew glad its you Cue...
Ill put your package together as soon as TCS1366's package arrives!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.