Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

***********LOL!

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Yeehaw. I'm slappin my knee

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

ok, test time.. patty yer hand rit-n is at-tro-shus...

what the heck is emilia ????? flower

and ya got a seed pak that says Burpee Pea mammoth Melt???? Sugar.... WTH is that? Is that an edible pea??? or a pea for show flowers? I dont wanna be eating no poisonous sweet peas!

ANd what on earth is a Phlomis fruticosa? Never seen one of thme afore! sounds like a banana with a nasal problem.. any clue on the what it looks like?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I gotta walk the dog, mop up after the dog, drag xmas out... clean house and make the hub din-din!

Should give ya'll time to figure out what you sent me! LOL!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks D!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

my hand writing is atro...ator...aw,dangit...horrible.

Not all of it is my handwriting.Some of the packages I received as bonuses I didn't need.Peas are edible...eatable..he-he.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok, that was the one I was worried about because you know sweet peas, the flower are not.. and they are ****poisonis amd dint wanna be eating the wrong one! I think if I was to eat any pea, I would make sure I boughht seed and not traded it since so many people can make that error!

****Dang hic spell checker!...!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

well it is a sweet pea but the kind you can munch. Not a whole lot in the package,probably won't even make a decent stand since your suppose to sew the sweet peas thick.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Note to self.. when sowing PEAS, PEA THICK!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL...OMG!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Saw the BLOB did you? I swear.. its like someone dumped septic sludge in their back yard...LITERALLY!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ooooh Reeey-yed!!! Have I got a little darling for you to check out... and its chocolate! Frosted Chocolate to be exact!

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

Frosted Chocolate what?? I love plants black/ chocolate so I can't wait till I find out what it is!!!

~Daniel!

Just googled it... Found something called Corokia and a viola that looks exactly like a swirlly chocolate/vanilla!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I have Viola Frosted Chocolate--picked them up at Summerhill ---they still sell them too. Very pretty--I love violas, oddly more than pansies:lol:

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

dm,
I'm with you...I love the pretty little violas. Someone just sent me a few Frosted Chocolate as a bonus in a trade. Sowed them Monday.

I've been growing violas for years and they have crossed and re-seeded themselves all over my yard. I never know where they'll pop up.

I have Johnny-jump-ups everywhere in my herb garden.... Plan to mix in Helen Mount and as many other natural (grow by themselves) Violas next year.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

DM have the Helen Mount and many others from years of growing them. They come up every where. They were all through the veggie garden last year. Tough time weeding and not pulling them out.

That mean ole BB sent me a link for one called Brush Strokes that I'm gonna have to have ...mean ole BB

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey, that was our lil secretion! A-hem.. while yer there order me a small pack!!! Ill bump yer memerbship on daves..! Lemme know $$

YOu can alwasy throw them helen "weeds" in a box yano... you got my addie! ^G^

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

No-no,don't consider them weeds...I said I would accidently pull some when I would weed veggies....pay attention...LOL

I'm trying to find enough on that website to warrent an order. So far I've only found the viola and 3 of the dianthus I wanted.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Hmm Ill split some with ya if you want.. see yer d-mail./...

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

jworth, that pineapple lily is beautiful! What is the burgundy foliage behind it?

I would have to have a coffee and chocolate garden. Love them both, preferably together. Since I am perpetually dieting, a theme garden would be a good alternative.

What about a rose like smokey? There is a light brown coffee and cream colored miniature rose whose name I forgot, cafe au lait or ole perhaps?

Black hollyhocks always look like candy wrappers to me.

How about cherry brandy rudbeckia - chocolate covered cherries? It would blend with the dark red sunflowers.

Chocolate corn-Mayes Double Red-looks fun, if you grow corn. (I haven't , yet). Dark ornamental millet may give a similar look (and the birds like it).

Chocolate cherry tomatoes were my favorite this summer. They didn't taste like chocolate, but were very tasty tomatoes. The color looked nice mixed with red and yellow cherry tomatoes in a bowl.

I like contrasting accent plants. For example, I would like some chartreuse foliage with black flowers. Dark flowers can get lost in a garden. I grow a black iris. It is beautiful in a vase inside, but the lighter irises are more notable in the garden. The black flower doesn't catch your attention until you are very close, like a secret surprise.

Did anybody see 'Jade Queen' Milit in the Burpee Catalog? Totally black flowers, with chartruse leaves. Interesting...

I have to sign up for the Burpee catalog! That millet sounds special. I got the dark purple one in the newbie seed package and tried it. I liked the dark decorative foliage and the birds liked the seeds.

I know you will like it!
Also, another black plant! Sweet Pea 'Black Knight'

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

GardenQuilts - the background foliage is a blackish curly leafed Perilla (self sows).

I just looked at that pic and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

The perilla is nice. Is the dark variety as tasty as the green? I had some edible dark kale and a couple brussel sprouts plants among the flowers this year. (Started the seeds and ran out of places to put them). They blended in well, especially the kale. I have limited garden space and want to grow more veggies.

The Jade Princess Millet looks just like my cat Bella's tail! That variety is 3-4'tall. The purple Millet I grew looked like the Burpee Purple Majesty. It got 6'tall. It was growing behind some white and pink lilies in front of a trellis of purple star of yelta morning glories. The height ended up being just right. It was fun watching the birds trying to land on it and eat. It may pop up in unexpected places, but the morning glories do also. They are easy to recognize and pull out. They look so nice against the building that it is worth the bother.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Never eaten any...

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I have the Purple Majesty millet and the gold millet. I plan on doing some orange flowers in the bed since there's already a dark foliage canna w/ orange blooms,some ornage blooming bulbine,mex.bush sage and rudbeckias...so there will be other colors.

GQ, a very worthy combination... Tall Millet, lillies, SOY MGs, lol!

red, there are Gold Millets?!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Yes. I can't say how well it does in the garden as I never got them planted out but they're still alive and well in the greenhouse. I managed to harvest a few fresh seeds this passed year so I hope to be better about tending my garden this year. Last year was a bad gardening year for me...hub's had surgery in Feb. unusually wet with lots of flooding all season and my DD and 2 DGKs stayed the summer with us so I got next to nothing done last year.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey Toots, hand over the hot chocolate....my garden looks loke white chocolate right now.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

ooooo...I loved the white chocolate Reese PB cups but you can't find them any more~~~~~~~~$:>(

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Out of da lips of da pilates queen, the truth abounds!! LOL!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

but I CAN eat it on my "Free Day"!

Thank you. This was the last year for glads in the back of the garden bed. The roses have gotten bigger Planting and removing them has gotten too prickly. I am trying a new method-plants that need to be lifted and replanted go in pots! Top of my spring todo list is papercrete containers. I don't have space indoors for anything that messy. The bf got a bag of 80 glad bulbs for me when I started this garden. They have multiplied every year (even survived the year I left them out) He does the digging, etc because I have back/neck problems from an auto accident. He frequently gets bulbs or plants in his travels, especially ones on sale, as surprise gifts. He knows the colors I like.

I am planting tall plants like the millet in spots in the back of the garden. I am aiming for a cottage style with pink-apricot-butter yellow roses and blue-purple accent plants. I wish I had more garden space, but enjoy what I have.

Perilla is used in Korean cooking. It has a peppery taste. I have had it in soups and mixed sauteed greens. I believe it can be added to salads as well. I keep trying to fit in more greens and veggies. Haven't had luck with parsley, coriander or spinach, but have leaf lettuce and mixed greens in window boxes, pots and spare spots in the garden. The dark Kale looked very exotic. I am planting more of that in the garden this year.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

52 free daz add up yano!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok, heres a "chocolate" for you called a silver lace Black Primrose..

Its brown black with a lace white edge and yeller center.

Only place I ve seen it though is in Gurneys... Page 39 #80871 1 for $7.95

www.Gurneys.com

It is cute though!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok, more for the chocolate box:

Black mondo grass - ophiopogon p. niger
Coreopsis called Jive
Oriental lily called Sixth Sense
Hemerocallis called Chocolate Candy
Dwarf canna called Pink Starburst
Heuchera called Miracle
Fern called Brilliance Autumn
Astrantia called Moulin Rouge
Dahlia called Black Wizard
Dahliea called Mary Eveline
Dark asiatic lily called Landini

A gladious called Zizane (My fav!! GIMMME!!!!)

Colocasia called black magic
Alocasia caled plumbea nigra
A big red canna with dark leaves called Red Futurity
A calla called black forest
Any jack in the pulpits
Black Bat flower
Louisanna iris called black gamecock
Green envy echinecea
Pams Choice Foxglove

All are in

www.kvbwwholesale.com

I know, not your fav on the supplier, but they got good pics of them so you can see them!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.