Hi Guys, Moving to a very hot and dry climate.

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi Guys,

I am not sure I am in the right place, but it's the only place where GRASS is mentioned.

The place has established grass but it is very yellowy.

Would any of you know what type of grass would do best in this condition and do any of you know how to apply wetting agents to lawn such as do I have to dig it in or can i just throw it over the top of old soil.

I will show you the best picture I have at the moment. Also and in fo on flowers or succulents that would do great here to/

Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Council Hill, OK

I think you'll find most of the lawn experts over at the Landscaping Forum.
Thomas

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You could also consider getting rid of the lawn--my climate here is pretty dry and fairly warm in the summer and lawns take a lot of water to keep going so I ripped it out--I put down gravel for the "lawn" area where I wanted seating areas or paths and put in a lot of garden beds.

But if you really want grass, this site lists grasses for low water lawns. I'm not sure if all these types would be available in your area or not http://www.highcountrygardens.com/catalog/browse/native-turf-grasses/

Council Hill, OK

That's the problem with lawns: They all take water, when the water stops, so does the color green.
Thomas

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.