This gave me pause...

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Maybe you remember the pic I took of my friend's dog seen through her wedding veil. Well, I finally e-mailed it to her Wednesday, because I was e-mailing about something else, and I just wanted her to have it.

She e-mailed back immediately that Iyani, the dog in the photo, had passed away THAT VERY MORNING.

Through a veil brightly.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

We get messages to connect at critical times.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You are definitely tuned to each other methinks.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow. I agree that you are connected, and suspect Lyani is connected as well... probably knew his Momma would need that picture and treasure it forever and somehow got that message through. At least that's what I'd like to think...

Santa Fe, NM

Yes, this kind of thing happens. How nice that your picture came at exactly the right time.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Will you re-post that picture here, Picante?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Through a veil brightly

Thumbnail by picante
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

That is the look of pure love that a dog has for it's person.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Interesting you should bring that up.
This wedding was over 3 years ago. Now there are 2-year-old twins in the picture. Katherine wondered whether Iyani still loved her after the babies came along to occupy her, and this photo settled the question for her.

Santa Fe, NM

Awww. Aren't you glad you took that picture?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

It's a treasure, and a miracle, given the context.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Pictures are amazing. I took a picture of the group putting together a vintage motorcycle trials competion that Tony competed in a year and a half or so ago, of the group sitting around picnic tables that included the owner of the land and the folks that set up the competion. The owner of that land passed away within a couple of weeks of that event, and that picture has become a favorite of not only those that were there, but also for those that weren't, but knew him, and especially for his lovely wife and family who I had not met before this past year (we still have events there, as he would have wanted). She made me cry with her appreciation for that photo. That is what taking pictures is really all about... touching others with the images.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Picante,
I am just seeing this now. The dog so clearly adores his mistress who is getting married. What a miracle that you sent the message the day the dog died. It must have been a great comfort to his mistress. I suspect she will never forget the look of pure love in that dog's eyes on her wedding day. What a wonderful photo and story!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.