Virtual cookie exchange 2009

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

It's true Sally, it does. If you like them thin & crispy, all butter is the way to go. Half butter half margerine will make them not spread as much.

Butter cookies made with margarine won't brown at all.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I thought it was the butter that made them flatten and spread....I just hate all the ingredients in the flavored stuff. I want a thicker chewier cookie though.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ronnie, try the methodology that I wrote about above and just use the recipe off of the toll house package. It made thick chewy cookies every time.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Jen, This would be a fun one for the kids. Don't know if they would eat it though.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7347910

This message was edited Dec 10, 2009 3:19 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Stormy, Too cute! I hope JR will like making them, 'cause I will. Hmmm, maybe we can make them for his 1st grade class.LOL Ric

The game is afoot! JR and I have to make 2 dozen of these for his party on the 22nd, I guess we'll do it on the afternoon of the 20th. Thanks for another great idea Stormy!!! Ric

This message was edited Dec 10, 2009 7:42 PM

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I was just reading the toll house cookie recipe and the only difference between LG cookies and toll house is the amount of flour. TH calls for 2 1/4c flour LG is 3 c. I'm gonna use LG recipe and real butter and see what happens....will keep you posted.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Well the snow stirm delayed our plans, but we gotter done today!!LOL Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

He looks like he's having fun! Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

How does that old rhyme go? Louse catcher, Eye Winker, Tom tinker, Nose dropped,
Mouse eater? Chin chopper, Gitty Gitty Gitty LOL Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric, That's just great!!!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Anyone for Marble Cheesecake? Just baked this morning.

Ric, those are so cute! Your grandson is really enjoying them, fun to make and eat!

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

WOW Ladyg, That looks sooooo good. Ric and JR had a ball making those and JR can serve them tonight and tomorrow. Holly

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

This is a first for the Marble, I am a purest, love my NY Cheese Cake naked! Hubby likes cherries on top, I just thought I would give this a try.
After the cookie baking party at the boss' home I am cookied out.
I have the fixings for a crab (imitation crab) dip, after all the sweets I feel like cheese, crackers, pepperoni and dip tonight.
I bought a Wii so I have been playing with that on and off.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric is making 6lbs. of shrimp half is "girlie-mon" for those that don't like it spicy. A pound and half of "real mon" and a pound and a half for "alpha-mon". LOL We have long time friends over on Christmas Eve some of the children will be comming tonight, too. We do fondue both cheese and choclate with a lot of dips and finger foods. Tomorrow the family will be having dinner at Josh's house weather permitting travel. Merry Christmas to all. Holly

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chris & Holly, All your fixins sound and look wonderful. I have no culinary duties this year, which is a good thing, as I am very behind. I'll actually be gift wrapping tomorrow AM. Nieces are here and we spent a wonderful evening with close family friends as we do every year for the 7 fish course dinner.
I had a wonderful time tonight singing Christmas Hymns and Carols at Mass with a 3 year old, who was mesmerized and enchanted by the whole gala at Jesus"s house. I love seeing the world through a child's eyes.Tomorrow we're off to my sister's and then will spend a nice evening at home. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.