Would you like to help?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have some friends who's family lives in the Philipines. They were victims of the devastating typhoons. My friends help support the family and several churches in the area. The typhoon hit them all hard. They were all homeless for a time and lost nearly all they owned. With my friend's help and the help of others in our area, everyone in the churches they support now have places to live. I would like to help them long term by sending seeds they can plant to grow food for themselves. I have not been able to find out what the "zone" is but my friend tells me it is either hot and humid or hot and dry year around. They can grow year around by growing in containers during the wet season and bringing them under a roof. Being able to grow their own food will go far in helping them to recover. I'm sure anything that will grow in our southern states will fair well there. If you would like to help with this, you can send me a DMail if you have any questions. If I can't answer them I will ask my friends. You can send the seeds to me (I am in the addy exchange) and I will get them to my friends. They will ship them in a container to their family who will then distribute them to the needy people in their area. Anything you can send will be greatly appreciated.

I'll be glad to send you a package over the weekend. Bless you for all the help you are giving to those people.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It really is the least I can do. So many times we may decide not to help a cause because we don't have much to give but God says when we give a glass of water in His name it is a blessing. The only wealth I have in this world is a laundry list of good, kind hearted friends who are happy to help a person in need. Thank you so very much for your generosity.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I will send you my bag of vegetable seeds left over from this summer.. will this help?

Orlando, FL

I would love to help. I have several various veggie seeds. I'll get them out to you. Please Dmail me your address... I'm not in the exchange. I'll send them today. Melanie

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Honey,

It will take me about a week because of some minor surgery ("fancy shots" I call them lol) I have to have done to go through my seeds and pick out those that would grow best/with the least fuss there. I will package them up - label them and stuff them in an envy and send them your way hun. I don't have a ton of seeds but I know I have some that would adapt perfectly to their growing conditions because theirs are so close to mine. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to help hun!

Hugs,

Jamie

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I will get some things ready next week if that is okay?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thank you all sovery much. I know this is going to make a big difference in their lives.

Rounding up more help.

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Sorry I haven't posted but, mine went out a couple of days ago hun. I forgot to add postage for the other thing we talked about so am sending a sparate envy for that. I DO NOT want those going out at your expense back to me. I will be putting it in the mail later today.

Hugs,

Jamie

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Jamie. I'll be on the lookout for both. You are so kind and generous.

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

That's sweet of you to say but, only because someone very thoughtful, kind and generous gave me the oppurtunity to be. Thank you for asking.

Hugs,

Jamie

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Got the seeds in today's mail. You are so kind. I know they will make a big difference in a lot of lives. My friends are coming to church in the morning and staying to have lunch with us. I will give him the seeds that have come in so far and then give him the others as they arrive. I'll be watching for your next envy. I have your Purple Beauty seeds ready. I know you will enjoy them.

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

I'm glad the seeds arrived. The purple beauty envy was supposed to go out right after but, Days of down pour and minor flooding have kept me from the post office. I will send it out asap honey. Thanks for waiting on me. You are, as usual, such a dear.

Hugs,

Jamie

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have a hard time getting to the PO too. Now they are predicting up to 10" of snow for us. GRRR Have I mentioned I hate cold weather. It's raining now so when the temps drop we will have ice under the snow. Just what i need to contend with as I climb the hill to feed my livestock! Pray I don't break a bone.

Seeds going out today too from here. Hope you get all the help you need. God bless you.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much Mekos and Happy Birthday to you. My friends are in the Philipines now, as of Thursday, and I'm sure they have already started doling out seeds to very happy people. I'll let you know when I get feedback from the project.

That is great, that way they will have a great Christmas with new seeds. I'm excited for them.

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Is there a deadline for mailing the seeds to you?

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

Ok Cajun got another package being mailed to you on monday! it's all ready to go, and a mix of veggies, herbs, and some flowers I had double of!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

No deadline. I'll be sending more after the new year. Thanks so much for thinking of them. Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. We got snowed in and have been without power for 6 days. Mighty cold and we were down to rationing things. All better now, thank the good Lord.

Wow, I'm so sorry CajuninKy. I hope you are ok. That is just awful. But God bless you and wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
It's raining here, just cold rain.

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

So you had a White Christmas...?

I am also in the address exchange, so I know that I am permitted to access other addresses. But I never remember how to get to the exchange! Can someone tell me the steps?

Thanks
Denise

Go to the home page, click extras, then scroll down to the Address info and click on the letter of the Dg name you are looking for and it will bring up that name and address.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Is it too late to send the send?
Hubby found some bean seed to add to what I had.
Please let me know. thanks

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

No. It's not too late. The first seeds went over with my friends and when they get back they will ship other seeds I will have collected. This is turning out so great thanks to all the generous, good hearted souls on DG!

Alright, I will send you some "rattlesnake beans" that is what hubby found. Do you need corn?
There is several squash seeds too. Got popcorn in freezer, don't know if that would work or not.
Will see what I can do.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Anything you can send will be greatly appreciated and put to good use.

North, TX

I would be very happy to send seeds. My computer service has been on the blink but glad I'm not too late.

Oh, not on the address exchange so will dmail for address. ^_^

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Cajun, haveyou had any feedback on what seeds would be most useful? I just saw this, and it's just in time for my annual seed-sorting marathon, and I always need new homes for some that are over-abundant.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

They can use most anything because the churches they help are in various locations. The winter type stuff can be grown in the mountains and the other stuff can be grown by the other churches not in the mountains. I know they eat a lot of beans, melons, cabbages, ect. I think they eat a lot of fruits also.

North, TX

Hi Cajun,

I sent my package out last week so hope it arrived intact,

from Dike TX.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes, I got it a few days ago. It didn't have your DG name on it so I wasn't sure who it was from. Thankyou so very much for being so generous. You are very kind.

Chesapeake, VA

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you, Cajun, but I haven't forgotten. I even bought some veggie seeds to send. I'll try to get it out to you next week. God bless!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That is so kind of you. Thank you so much.

I mailed you a pkg. Saturday.
Probably be Wednesday when you get them.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much. This project is so satisfying. I can't thank you all enough for your help.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Do you still need more?

North, TX

Cajun, thanks for letting others participate in your venture. It was a pleasure and satisfying to help.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Red, I got your envy. Thank you so much. It was very generous and so appreciated. It will be put to good use.

Makshi, it's not too late. I will be sending another bunch of seeds to them. They can garden year round. My friend said they gave some seeds out last week in the hardest hit area. We can all smile because we helped bring a bit of happiness where there may have not been any in a while.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.