November Daily Weather - Season Changes 3

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

'vette?
Can I come and stay?
I guarantee you won't be depressed....lol!

Ric

(Zone 7a)

LOL Yes, come over and stay!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

still doing some cleaning on my pc, so I haven't been able to log on at home today, (shhhh i'm at wokr hehhehhhe)

Nurmo, Finland(Zone 4b)

adinamiti

Sasha was a bitsa (bitsa this and bitsa that)

Thumbnail by patgeorge
Nurmo, Finland(Zone 4b)

This is Saha's twin brother Tekky. He died of kidney failure when he was eleven.

Thumbnail by patgeorge
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Kelli, what a relief your mom was OK !
Mau, cute Friday! Love those roses!
Celia, what a good news, makes me so happy for you!
Patgeorge, Sasha and Tekky were such cute doggies! What about the one you have now?
Jackie, so beautiful !
Rusty, I wish I had some orange TC too, such a sweet color!
Joanna, interesting about the 'hortiscope'...mine is Pisces like Ric, but it comes better for him, he already has a fish pond!LOL
It was again Dyson dark and humid...grrrr! My mom gave me 2 new species of mums which she bought for my garden. I took her today to buy a new fridge cause her old one was broken. I'll take some pics tomorrow. The mums are pink, purple and orange. Posting a picture of Buck in the new DH.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We store the glads in our cooler. We put a small electric heater in there set at 40º.
The taters are in the cold storage next to our wood shop. Not as cold as it should be, but it works.

Went out this afternoon & lifted the plastic mulch. Hired hand will pick it up next time he is here.

Back to painting.
Bernie

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: welcome back--we miss you when you are away from us--if only for a day or two. So glad that Crystal and the baby are doing okay! Neat photo of the fog bank.
patgeorge: cute dogs! I like the term "bitsa"--LOL
Adina: Buck looks like he is enjoying his new dog house. Do you put straw or hay in their houses for them to curl up in?
Bernie: how is the painting coming along?

It got up to about 53*F around here today--a real heat wave--LOL

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

All day cold same temp. 45*...

I stay home and keep warm until tomorrow will be nice mild for sure...

(Zone 3b)

2*F above
Partly cloudy. Patchy morning fog and flurries.
Highs zero to 5 above.
Light winds except north winds to 20 mph over higher terrain.
Adina~how are you after you fall? Hopefully you're doing ok.
Cecilia~what a gorgeous way to get around.
patsgeorge~cute bitza/bits.
Have a good evening, everyone.
It's now 3pm and we've errands run.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

hi rusty~sorry/crossed. Keep warm; it's miserable to be cold.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just finished the living room ceiling.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High of low 40s with rain and drizzle once again all day. But now it's drying out and the sun will supposedly try and pop it's head out tomorrow. I hope it suceeds cause our roads are sloppy and need to dry.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone!! Been bummed out lately and too busy at work to chat. Doing better, just majorly worried. If I don't end up with an ulcer it's going to surprise me (well, not really but you know!)

Nice pics!!! Love them all, and Celia your cell phone pic of the fog blew up to almost my whole computer screen.

I wanna drive the Vette!

We were supposed to get sun this afternoon after noon (lol) but that didn't happen. My car said it was 51 at lunch at 11:00am, I don't know what it said driving home, didn't even look.

Love the horoscope!

Dave's boss asked him to work the weekend of Thanksgiving, so at least we know he'll have a job then.

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Hi Sharon and everyone....I'm back. I use to talk to y'all from my house in Newport News, VA until last April. We FINALLY moved to Brunswick GA and I am in my new house we built here in the warm coastal region of south Georgia. Warm warm sunny days around 80 each day (tough huh) LOL Sharon....we are practically neighbors. I went to Amelia several times this summer and we love Fort Clinch and found some awesome conch shells after hurricane Bill stired up the Atlantic last summer. Finally got my computer up and running last weekend. It's been a long spell but so happy to be back.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Flip Welcome back!
Glad you are staying warm....lol!

Beautiful pups PatGeorge!

Adina and I of course share a Zodiac sign as we share a Birth Date.
I will admit that horoscope did pretty much nail me....
and will Adina too as I'm sure a pond is in her future.
Remember it says baby learning steps first.

Gray and rainy most of the day.
We hit 50° and stayed there.
I did get a little more trim work done.
I definitely need to hit the store and get some Cedar.

Ric

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Henry. Will send pics of the house soon.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome back, Flip! --wondered where you disappeared to! Send some of your warm air up here! LOL

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Welcome back Flip!! Personally I prefer a change of season.

My BIL is still working on my pc. Apparently its “really messed up” LOL! He’s done a lot of cleaning and there is still more to do. The thing is, all 4 of us used it a couple of years ago, so Lord only knows what is on this thing!

We are still about 8-12* above normal (depending on the time of day).

59.0 °F
Fog
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 59 °F
Wind: 2.0 mphfrom the NNW
Wind Gust: 6.0 mph
Pressure: 30.01 in (Rising)
Visibility: 0.2 miles
Elevation: 20 ft

Now
Through 9 am...patchy dense fog will reduce the visibility to a quarter of a mile or less at times. Motorists as well as marine interests should use caution. The fog is expected to lift by around 9 am.

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy dense fog early in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times early in the morning. High 76. Northwest winds around 5 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon: what is that yellow thing that Prissy and Pea are occupied with?
Yesterday, I bought Friday a safety harness for use while riding in the car. I thought I would try it out when I go to my daughter's for Thanksgiving next week. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive and I hate to keep Friday cooped up in a carrier. I will see if he likes the harness better--sure hope it works!

We are supposed to have a high today of around 63*F this afternoon. Currently
39*F on my back porch.

I went out yesterday and took some photos of the late blooming flowers in my yard.

The Knock-out roses seem to be going strong but you can tell that some of the other plants have already lost their leaves and are looking pretty sad.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This loropetalum thinks it is spring!

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

The Hot Lips Salvia is still blooming, too. All of my plants have been very confused by the warmer weather we had last week--they don't know whether it is spring or fall!

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

and this is a study in contrasts--brightly colored zinnia blooms on top of stalks that look dead! That's a blue salvia to the right of the zinnias.

Thumbnail by marsue
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It now 33* will be mild around 60* ...

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Looks like Prissy has a death grip on that thing....

46 °Cloudy but the rain has moved on....
Sunny for tomorrow thru Monday mid upper 50's.
It's WAY too far out to be accurate but our Thanksgiving forecast is for rain and mid 50's.

Our plants are confused also.
We have daffs coming up in several places... they are toast unless we bring them in.
Like Chrissy we have some roses blooming around us and a few salvia.
In sheltered spots there are a few Impatients blooming and teh Nicotiana are still blooming away.

Ric

(Zone 3b)

Sunrise: in about 1 hour at 9:17
Sunset: 4:05
6 hours 48minutes daylight
Minus 4*F
Today
Sunny. Highs 5 below to 5 above. Light winds.
good morning and will bbl~~

(Zone 7a)

Mau, it looks like a giraffe the kids are playing with. Your flowers are still pretty. Ours are all gone now. NOT!!! We STILL have snaps, allysum and a few gaillardia.

Sharon, those babies of yours are just as cute as can be! LOL

Welcome back, FF!!! Nice to know you're still around. Glad the move was successful and look forward to garden pics!

Rusty, stay warm. I didn't mention before how pretty I think your paint choices have been. I love them all.

Ric, how much more work is needed to complete the hottub area? Are they done with the road work?

Patgeorge, your pups are so cute!

Adina, I missed the post about your fall! I'm sorry that happened. Are you okay now?

43.8 °F with 47º for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 43 °F
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 28 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.32 in(Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Almost 50º and I think the rain is over.

I'm too far behind again to comment, but I read it all.

Beautiful flowers and loved the ice molds! Nice dogs!!

Welcome back Flip!

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

53°F and raining here today. We have had mostly wonderful weather the first half of Nov. and I was able to get quite a few things done outside. Last week I made a new "shady" flower bed with a fieldstone rock wall for a nice focal point/anchor in the far back corner of the yard. I rototilled it up yesterday and added 6 heaping wheelbarrows of compost so it's ready to plant. I took advantage of the near 70°F high last Saturday to shingle the lean-to roof on the back of the garage. I cut it close and had 3 extra shingles left out of 3 squares when finished.

Ric said......"Well out to watch them tunnel... lol!" I had to laugh at this one. We never get too old to be fascinated by construction workers playing with those big construction machines.

Good to have you back FlipFlops!

Joanna.......I'm a Libra and my horoscope is hit and miss. While I have been told I have a knack for laying out flower beds and landscaping etc, the recommendation to get a few pots and leave it at that is way off the mark. I have a huge yard full of flower beds and I'm adding more all the time. :)

marsue.......Nice color. The only thing left here is a Black Eyed Susan in a sheltered spot next to the deck and a few Knock-out roses.

Kiska.......Winter sure sets in quickly there! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your winter mountain scenes.

Bernie........Your addition is looking great!

Here are a few photos of the new bed I built last week.

Early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

A closer view. I collected the rocks at the in-laws farm.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

And finally, a view from the side. It's around 30-35 feet long and 7-8 feet wide. The shade plants I got from the neighbor last summer and the others from the big Lowes sale this fall will go in there.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Ric.........Sounds like you've been busy too. You're a construction/building wonk. Check out this link. I'm not sure how it ended up in a "summer veggies' link but there is a series of photos at the bottom.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7066829

early_bloomer

This message was edited Nov 19, 2009 1:47 PM

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Since the time change I leave very close to dawn and get home after it's already dark, so I don't see my garden until the weekends. I know I have daffs coming up, brugs still blooming and need to get over to the brug forum to get instructions on how far to cut them to the ground, I planted them in the ground, not a pot person myself. I have some sort of Salvia coming up and blooming in the flowerbed beside my front steps, Zennia's are blooming, Creeping Jenny is looking kinda rough, and all of those plants are still in pots beside my house! Between work and leaf picking up I haven't had time to do anything, but I can't leave Dave with all of it to do.

Nice Early!

Hi Flip!

Woo Hoo Ric, two done, six to go? Oh yea, those are Mau's pretty roses, I don't have roses.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks e_b!
That's just about exactly the size we're getting up supplies to build.
Weird little pier supports but I can see how they'd work great.
Love that Rock!!

No construction today.
Grey Day and we got a lot of running done so we just don't feel like it today.....

Should be sunny and nice for the next few days.... much better working conditions....lol!

Here's the horizontal boring machine.
It was cool. She set it up and had a spotter.
He used a sensor to find the depth and direction of the drill bit.
Then it drilled 10' out, the shaft pulled back,
automatically added another 10' section from the rack,
off it went again.
They did 500' and popped in 3" from where they were aiming.
Will all the pipes under our street it would have taken a week to dig and lay the new line.
They were done in under one day.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

You,re lucky you only had to deal with it for one day. How long have they been doing the street?

We've been putting up with road construction for 2 years now. Last year, all summer and into the fall, they had our closest cross street torn up replacing pipes. This year, it has been the nearest major road under destruction. They widened it and are putting in a light rail system near the mall. Both roads are the ones we use most often.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

They have been working around our area for 3 years.
One street was totally dug up and all services reworked.
The rest they are just doing the gas.
It goes fairly fast around us.
Several streets over it took them months to do what took 3 weeks on our main connector.

We live on an undedicated street.
Most places call that a private road I think.
Each house owns the street to the middle.
So we are no locked in to zoning as they are elsewhere.
No sidewalks, storm drains, etc. but we have to repair it.

Ric

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Marilyn, Zack Greinke is a pitcher for the Kansas City Royals. He won the Cy Young Award, which means he's the best pitcher in the American League, as voted on by the sportswriters.

Joanna, I'm a Virgo (the most boring sign) but my gardening style is more Sagittarius.

Neat wall, E_B Reminds me of "Something there is that doesn't love a wall..." http://writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/88/frost-mending.html

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PST on November 19, 2009
77 °F
Clear
Humidity: 17%
Dew Point: 28 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.96 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

MIL comes tomorrow. I've got all of the cleaning and shopping done. Yay!

Thumbnail by Kelli
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

It's late, but I'll post a quick note. I'm OK, the falls were gentle and I don't feel any pain after that, thank God! I had a day off today and did a major cleaning of the kitchen closet which took me all day. Still, I could dig a bit in the garden and put some compost in the garden for next spring. Also, I had to tie up th emums because the blooms are too heavy for their stalks.My mums are blooming big time here and a few of the gaillardia , pansies and calendula too. The weather was nice and warm, a bit foggy in the morning , but sunny at noon.
Jackie, great pic of the icy window.
E_B, love the wall, great job!
Sharon, I was wondering the same about the yellow thing...what is it? Pea seems to want it for herself!LOL
Mau, you have so many blooms, wow!
Celia, what a fight!LOL
Kelly, TC is so beautiful!
Ric, good they are done! Did I understand well...do you have to do the repairs of the street?! I definately will build a fish pond!LOL
Crissy, most of the time I'm just like you, can see the garden only in week-ends and days off... when they are!LOL
My DS started work yesterday and he had to stick some posters for the Book fare then take pictures of them. So he had my camera with him today...will take some pics tomorrow morning. I start work at 12:30, so will see my garden all morning!LOL
This is from 2 days ago, a cookies recipe I haven't done in ages, but it's so good!
Adina.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi, EB! Love the new "shady" garden and the rock wall. Hard to believe you had a 70 degree day up there in PA this late in the season!
Celia: Isis seems to be saying to Monty: "Come on, you lazy bum--wake up and play with me!" LOL
Ric: down here it is the county or the city who really "owns" the street or the road although the property descriptions go to the middle of the street.
Kelli: thanks for the info on Greinke. Also, for the link to the poem--it's nice to know that there are still folk around who appreciate poetry! gorgeous TG cactus!
It's a good feeling to know that everything is clean and you are prepared for guests, isn't it? Enjoy your time with your MIL.

Our weather today was wonderful. Beautiful blue sky, not too hot, not too cold--couldn't ask for more. Our high was in the mid-60's.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Adina, those cookies look wonderful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.