November Daily Weather - Season Changes 3

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Everyone is welcome to chat and share their weather! We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1054855/

My computer is back up and running like new Wooot Wooot!

Rann and Ric – Congratulations!

Sally – I enjoy walking at dawn too, but it shows up much too late for me to get my walk on. It’s too dark now in the morning. I did go for another walk on Sunday. My dad bought the runner in Turkey a long time ago, when he traveled for work. Maybe 35-40 years ago. The grape juice looks delish!
Mau – Pretty cookie jar! I got the ajuga!
Kiska – Nice pictures!
Crissy – I love me some sushi!
Rann – I am so sorry to hear about the hamster. You have definitely had more than your share of tragedy this year. We are praying for you and the girls.
Adina - LOL!! Buck does look comfy in his new dog house!
Marylyn – I don’t know about you, but I am sick of Summer/Fall/Summer/Fall. I want to wear my new boots LOL!
Joanna – WOW! Nice pink sunrise!

60.4 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 57 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 5500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog early in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times early in the morning. High 77. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Lantana

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon: Are we the only two awake this morning? LOL I'm glad you got the ajuga --I hope it wasn't all dried up. You forgot to post the photo of the lantana!

It was 40*F on my backporch at 5 a.m. It is still 40*F on my backporch at 7:41 a.m. Our high today is supposed to be 50*F. We'll be back up in the mid-60's by the end of the week.

I went out late yesterday afternoon and dug up 3 of the pups to the Big Dipper EE and put them in the storage shed, which is insulated. I put another bag of mulch over the EE's which I left in the ground. We'll see if they make it through our winter.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Nope I'm here! lol!

Couldn't help it but be up...

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Whoops.

Thumbnail by henryr10
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

does that mean they are paving your road, Ric?

(Zone 5a)

Hi! Thanks for the congrats :-)

Drizzling rain now, light breeze and about 38°F.

Hildur Eva took it pretty hard yesterday ..... it took quite some time to convince her that putting the hamster to sleep was the best thing for him, she just wanted the vet to fix him! The vet was really nice and gave us some time alone for the girls to say good bye .... Just hope the remaining pets stay healthy for a while! Selma's bottled everything in more, she's really angry about all these adversities ..... I've heard "God is mean" too many times ... just breaks my heart. I keep telling her that things happen for a reason and that something good will come out of all this, she's just not buying it at the moment. It's always the one who's left behind with the kids who has to deal with the problems ..... the one who runs off gets off too easy in my opinion ...... of course if they could deal with problems they wouldn't run off in the first place would they?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Rann

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

No rain or snow yet! It now 38 degrees chilly...

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Unfortunately no paving...or so it appears.
They will use a horizontal bore and drill a hole all the way up the street.
Then the line will be pulled through that as they bring it back.
Out front they are digging test holes to find the existing gas and water lines so they don't cut them.
They will though fill in the holes and smooth things out so....

Rann hopefully Selma will let everything out in a constructive way.
My Stepsons were really small (1 and 3 ) when it happened to them.
Good Luck, (((HUGS))) and here's hoping you have a LOT of patience.... ;-)

Well out to watch them tunnel... lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Well dag nabbit…I swear I had the picture attached this morning!
Mau – Maybe you were the only one awake LOL! The ajuga is in great condition. I’m going to get it planted this afternoon.
Rann – Sending lots of {{{Hugs}}} to you and the girls.

Here is the lantana picture. Better late than never :)

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Sharon--it happens to the best of us!:))

Gee, Ric, the least they could do after tearing up your road is replace it with a paved road!

Rann: Selma's reaction is fairly typical I think. It is so much safer to blame God than it is to blame the one who really is at fault. God is big enough to take it and He knows how Selma feels. Eventually she will come to understand that it isn't God's fault. I will pray for her and for all of you. and by the way, we all have to pay for our mistakes, one way or another, so "the one who runs off" will face his consequences sooner or later--you can count on it!

(Zone 3b)

Minus 10*F
Sunrise in about 20 minutes at 9:11.
Partly sunny. Areas of low clouds patchy fog and flurries in the morning.
Highs zero to 5 above.
Light winds except north wind 15 mph over higher terrain
Good morning all.
Thanks for the new thread, MySharona, and picture:)) Very pretty.
Molds are filled and frozen as it's time to begin the ice display.
Will unmold and start some more; it doesn't take long to freeze at these temps.

Thumbnail by kiska
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sunny & very windy today.

Kiska, how many hours of daylight do you get now? We are at 8 hrs 48 min.

High of +22ºC or 59ºF, Low tonight -5ºC or 23ºF
Condition: sunny and windy
Wind: SW 45 km/h or 28 mph: gusting to 59 km/h or 37 mph
Relative Humidity: 39%
Pressure: 99.6 kPa or 29.42" falling
Dewpoint: -3.25ºC or 25.7ºF
Ceiling: unlimited
Visibility: 48 km or 30 miles

Altitude: 1084 m or 3556 ft
Latitude: 51.12º
Longitude: -114.04º

Sunrise: 7:56AM
Sunset: 4:45PM
Daylight Hours: 8 hrs 48 min

Here's a photo of a wintersowing example that I have prepared for a local hobby & craft fair this Saturday. We have a little garden club that we are promoting and wintersowing is one of the workshops that we do in the winter months

Thumbnail by joannabanana
(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mau for you words of wisdom ..... somehow they made me feel so much better ;-) lol

Kiska - your Ice figures are sooo coool - can't wait to see the final result ...

The stray rabbit is still with us and has totally won us over. The girls call her Lotta and she's the most grateful rabbit I've ever known. She loves to snuggle with the girls and she's ready to try anything they're eating ....... here she's stealing a bite of Selma's Ice cream .... she'll also hog the popcorn if she gets the chance .... and she got into Selma's candy this weekend and ate a piece of liquorice and a gummy bear before we could stop her ...... she wanted more! lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

42º grey and gloomy. A perfect day. I'm hoping for more rain.

Rusty, that doesn't sound like very nice weather.

Joannabanana, beautiful sunrise! We still water the pine trees till it freezes.

Ric, they came back to the same section of sidewalk this year and now I have at least 2 adults burying cicadas.

Sharon, glad your computer is like new! Your Dad did a good thing. What a treasure! I love lantana!

Marsue, I was up at 4:30, but DH had the computer. The EE's will be an interesting experiment. It would be nice to not have to dig them each year.

Ric, that's a big machine! It's fun to watch them work.

Rann, their world has been turned upside down. Selma doesn't mean it, but it's the worst thing she can say to make herself feel better. My heart goes out to all of you. It WILL be ok in the end. It's too bad there isn't a fairy tale to tell them. Hugs and big prayers!!

Kiska, what will you make with the molds?

Joannabanana, wintersowing must be very satisfying. Those are very healthy. I considered growing them next year for the butterflies.

I had to go to the dentist this morn to get a bridge glued back on. It came off while I was savoring a carmel topped turtle cheesecake. It was the easiest dental appointment I've ever had. LOL!

The deer to the north of us.

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sally :-)

Another one of Lotta .... she's INCREDIBLY patient with the girls ;-) lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Rann, hugs to you and the girls. At least you have Lotta to help cheer you up. (Is Lotta an Icelandic name that you would give a girl, or is a word? Like in the U.S. you might call a rabbit Fluffy, but you wouldn't name a child that.)

My mom ran into a deer the other day. (She's in PA.) She didn't get hurt though it was frightening, as I can only imagine. There was $900-some damage to the car but insurance will pay for most of it. Hopefully their rates won't go up.

COULD USE SOME RAIN!!!

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 10:51 AM PST on November 17, 2009
73 °F
Clear
Humidity: 12%
Dew Point: 18 °F
Pressure: 29.99 in (Falling)
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

The amaryllis doesn't know what time of year it is.

Oops, try again

amaryllis

Thumbnail by Kelli
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Rann: so glad my words made you feel better. Lolly--whoops, make that Lotta--is a furry bundle of love for the girls to hug. I'm sure she takes their minds off a lot of things these days. Selma is still as beautiful as ever (so is Hildur Eva).
Ric: send those guys down here--I need someone with a backhoe to put in a french drain in my back yard. LOL
Kiska: making those ice molds must be fun--exactly how long does it take water to freeze at minus 10F?
BP: LOL--42 and grey and gloomy is a perfect day? When we lived in our previous house, there was a herd of deer that roamed our area. One time I took a photo of nine deer grazing under the big oak trees in our side yard. They never came up real close to the house because we had two dogs that would chase them off--so therefore the deer didn't eat my flowers. :o)) I would post that photo but it is on my old desktop computer--not on this laptop.

Kelli: gorgeous amaryllis--my flowers don't know what time of year it is, either. The daffodils are trying to bloom! Glad your mom wasn't hurt!
Joanna: good luck with your little garden club and the wintersowing project.

I was just outside with my dog, Friday, and it is still just 46F on the back porch--hasn't warmed up much today at all. Overcast--no sun but no rain, either. Somewhat windy so it feels colder than it really is.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2009 1:04 PM

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Rann, Selma is growing into a real beauty. Lotta is a very nice bunny and the buggy photo is adorable! How lucky you are to have found her.

Kelli, I'm glad your Mom wasn't hurt. A woman in town totaled her car and got another. She just hit another deer with the new one. Beautiful amaryllis!!

Marsue, I like all kinds of weather as each type has it's place. I must admit I don't like big winds as much as I used to, or freezing rain.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Mau, you couldn't have said it better to Rann! !Good luck with the EE! Is Friday OK?
Rann, Lotta is so cute and really so patient!LOL I'm glad you and the girls have her to cheer you up! I know you must be feeling overwhelmed now, but you are so young and have all your life ahead of you...and the girls who need you so much. If "the one who runs off" doesn't care about you , he doesn't deserve to suffer for him. I pray you can go through this easy.
Ric, I hope they won't damage too much...ugh!
Sharon, thanks for the new thread. Lantana is gorgeous! How are your girls? You are right, the pup Trica loves me so much and I love him too. He always stays near our fence.
Jackie, I love your ice display!
Sally, yummy! Glad it wasn't too bad at the dentist.
Joanna, such a great hobby!
Patgeorge, sorry for your beloved Sasha...what was she?
Marylyn, what did you do to be so busy? How are your bunnies?

It's been dyson dark today. Too humid. No wind. Thanksgiving cactus is blooming.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It now 42 and still so chilly outside....

I got 2 TC growing buds and white bloom open today and other one is orange...
Temp in garage 50*...
Orange:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It was pretty neat watching them laying down the line.
They basically sat in the middle of the road and bored a hole in each direction.
Then back pulled the gas line, hooked the pipes together and left.
Took them about 5 hours total to run 500' of pipe.
Very little damage to the street so we won't get a new one....lol!
Next phase is they will dig a small (3' x 3' x 3') hole next to our meter and attach the new line.
That may well be a month away.

Ric

This message was edited Nov 17, 2009 3:38 PM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Great Shots ALL!

Rann I still can't believe you guys found a tame rabbit running around.
In most of the USA it wouldn't have lasted 15 minutes.

If kiska's making ice then winter can't be too far away!

Ric

Ric, what are they doing at your place? Putting in a gas line?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Replacing the old lines in our entire area.
They've been at it for about a year and a half.
Finally got to us.

Ric

(Zone 3b)

It's still below zero*F, but the sun's nice and bright.
I just unmolded the ice and set them up on the deck railing.
Joanna~we're at 6hrs; 58mins.
Latitude: 61.6
Elevation: 246ft.
kelli~so glad you mom is ok. What a scare.
marsue~it begins to freeze immediately; I've not timed how long till it can be unmolded, but wouldn't be more than a few hours.
bp~the ice is just a way to have fun w/cold. Setting out an ice display is quick and easy and should last for weeks.
ric~interesting info on gas line installation.
Hearts/star ice.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

Some ice-trees on a table.

Thumbnail by kiska

Kiska, have you ever tried coloring the water with food coloring?

(Zone 3b)

kelli~yes; and I've also added some decorative birthday candles last season. Been thinking I would spray some colorful water on them.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kiska: Kelli was reading my mind when she asked about coloring the ice sculptures. I was thinking that you had colored some of them last year. They are very pretty with the sun shining through them. :o))
Adina: Friday is doing just fine--his same old cute self! :o)) That
is a very pretty TC.
Rusty: your TC is very pretty also. I have never seen an orange TC. My TC is white and it is going to have to hurry if it is going to be in full bloom in time for Thanksgiving. LOL

Been cold here all day--never got above 46F on my back porch but it felt even colder with the wind blowing slightly. Cold is relative--when you compare what I consider cold to what Kiska considers cold, there is a big difference!! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is long but quite entertaining:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What to Plant?: It's all in the stars. Here's your 'hortiscope'

As an astrologer, I have been accused of trying to lead the masses down the garden path. Usually I would defend myself against such allegations, except that "the garden path" is exactly where I'm headed.

BY THE EDMONTON JOURNALAPRIL 27, 2006

As an astrologer, I have been accused of trying to lead the masses down the garden path. Usually I would defend myself against such allegations, except that "the garden path" is exactly where I'm headed.

Every zodiac sign has a particular gardening style. A flighty Gemini might have difficulty committing to a long-term landscape plan. The solution? Plant more annuals. A Cancer gardener may need to put down roots, planting species that take years to mature.

I'm not just making this up! The astrological advice I'm about to share is based on ancient traditions. Nevertheless, the art of gardening is constantly being modernized by the introduction of new varieties, including plants that have received the All-America Selections distinction -- recognized for superior garden performance throughout North America. Keep an eye open for these newcomers when you visit the greenhouse this spring. Even if you don't put any credence in my astrological expertise, you'll thank your lucky stars that you put some faith into my gardening advice.

Aries - The Ram: March 21-April 19

In spring your get-up-and-go attitude is unrivalled. By midsummer, many of you wonder where it got up and went. Living with a short attention span is your challenge. Try using more trees and shrubs in your landscape plan. Plant annuals en masse so that individual areas of the border burst into colour at different times like fireworks exploding across the sky. Keep a few flowers in pots waiting in the wings to fill in the gaps where things don't work out. Your style is contemporary, so don't underestimate the importance of modern architectural elements in your design.

Your flower: With flowers resembling torches, Celosia Fresh Look Red and Fresh Look Yellow (AAS 2004) suit your fiery nature. These easy-to-grow, sun-loving annuals are ready to steal the show wherever they're grouped together.

Taurus - The Bull: April 20-May 20

The cottage garden is a perfect match for you, because this sentimental style invites a little neglect. Comfortable patio furniture has a special place in your landscape, too, and you probably enjoy it more than the flowers. Compensate for your decadent nature by choosing plants that don't require rigorous maintenance. Taurus is associated with flowering fruit trees. If you're not going to use the fruit, find varieties with a lighter yield, or it may be rotting on your lawn next spring. Fall cleanup is not your specialty!

Your flower: Hollyhock Queeny Purple (AAS 2004) is not only shorter than the hollyhocks that bloomed in your grandma's garden, but it's also the first purple variety available as a single colour. Its carefree habit makes it a must-have for the carefree Taurus gardener.

Gemini - The Twins: May 21-June 20

One day in winter you declare that flowers are your passion. Soon your house is full of seed trays, grow lights and potted bulbs. Usually this gardening mania lasts until you get your seedlings into the ground. Just as often, it's abandoned once something else catches your attention. Enjoying new things is in your nature. Sticking with them isn't, so embrace the fact that you can be fickle. Look for plants that were unheard of a few years ago. Fill up pots with new varieties, and impress your friends with your floral fashion sense. Avoid major renovations until you've given yourself time to consider the projects. The last thing you need is a fish pond full of mosquito larvae that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Your flower: Diamonte Coral Rose Diascia (AAS 2006) might just be the must-have of the season. Cold tolerance also means that this cascading variety can thrive in sunny pots north of the border. Don't leave the greenhouse without it!

Cancer - The Crab: June 21-July 22

The style that best suits you is the "classical" style of gardening, with its roots in French and English estates. Formal borders, well-manicured lawns and conventionally beautiful blooms appeal to your conservative nature. Even the vegetable garden is laid out in an orderly fashion, reminiscent of more ambitious projects, like formal herb gardens. Neoclassic statuary plays an important role in the landscape, and patios are often crafted from stone. Avoiding the fickle nature of fashion is your primary concern. Like a crab who carries his home on his back, you should expect to live with your garden for as long as nature allows you to.

Your flower: The lilac flower spikes of Salvia farinacea Evolution (AAS 2006) provide an attractive alternative to lavender in cold climates. Take advantage of their uniformity and line them up like toy soldiers in beds and borders.

Leo - The Lion: July 23-Aug. 22

You are a master of the mixed border, combining plants with the flair of a florist. Showy blooms in abundance and contrasting foliage colours define the dramatic style of your sign. You're also talented when it comes to garden design, incorporating structures such as pergolas and arbors into your plan. Leo is also the sign that hits its stride in the summer heat. Being able to entertain in your yard at that time is important to you, so make choices that allow your guests to be comfortable. Practical considerations often take a back seat to your creative impulses.

Your flower: Heat tolerant and showy enough to be seen from a few blocks away, Zinnia Zowie Yellow Flame (AAS 2006) has a place in anyone's garden, but be the first in your neighborhood to show it off this summer.

Virgo - The Virgin: Aug. 23-Sept. 22

The Virgo style is that of perfection, yet there is nothing perfect about nature. Still, the Virgo gardener will work to fashion a facsimile of nature. This style is akin to the Japanese way of gardening, where the surroundings are cleverly manipulated to appear untouched by human hands. Foliage plays a far greater role than flowers, and plants are often chosen for other characteristics they exhibit, like interesting seed heads or distinctive bark. The most important element, however, is the transition zone between indoors and outdoors. In theory, there should be very little contrast between these areas. In practice, just try to track a few dead leaves into this clean house!

Your flower: Like a wetland cattail with dark purple foliage, Ornamental Millet Purple Majesty (AAS 2003) is different from anything else on the market. Nothing about this plant is messy, making it a perfect choice for even the neatest Virgo gardener.

Libra - The Scales: Sept. 23-Oct. 22

You combine plants in a manner that makes others appear pedestrian, because good taste is programmed into your DNA. But the inclination to slack off is also part of your genetic makeup.

It's easier to maintain a few pots than it is to tend to a whole yard, so consider container gardening as your ideal hobby. Dismiss grandiose plans at first, including water features, topiaries and even large lawns.

Every time you get hung up on one project, it's usually at the expense of another. A glorious garden might mean a messy house. Strike a balance! Start small and then see where it goes.

Your flower: Heat-loving zinnias thrive in containers where the soil temperature remains relatively warm. The huge, long-lasting blossoms of Zinnia Magellan Coral (AAS 2005) need far less deadheading than most other annuals, too.

Scorpio - The Scorpion: Oct. 23-Nov. 21

Intense passion is the hallmark of your sign. When that passion is directed into a creative project, the results are unrivalled. The reason for this isn't just your dedication to your hobby, but also the style of garden that you plant. Scorpio is associated with the realities of life, including sex, birth and death. The Scorpio garden dies as spectacularly as it lives, with brilliant autumn colours, unique seed pods and colourful, ripe fruits. The fragrant, flowering plants of this landscape also invite life of another kind. Bugs thrive in this olfactory banquet, and so do their predators. This is where life happens, and it's also where life ends. That's nature!

Your flower: An intense colour puts Nicotiana Perfume Deep Purple (AAS 2006) in a class by itself. But it's the scent of these flowers wafting through the garden on calm evenings that will make it your passion for years to come.

Sagittarius - The Archer: Nov. 22-Dec. 21

If possible, the typical Sagittarius gardener would have one of everything. However, most botanical gardens don't even have enough space for the ambitious, expansive plans of this enthusiastic sign. As a result, the garden often spills out its boundaries, into greenhouses, into the house or down the back lane. Sometimes this impulse to move beyond borders inspires the gardener to discover ways to extend the season. Out-of-zone plants are tested for their hardiness, yet there is rarely disappointment when a specimen doesn't survive. The death of one plant is regarded as a chance to plant another. An opportunity never goes unnoticed in this ever-evolving garden.

Your flower: Free-flowering under a wide variety of conditions, Viola Skippy XL Red-Gold (AAS 2006) should have you fired up this spring, since the season never starts early enough for the Sagittarius gardener.

Capricorn - The Sea Goat: Dec. 22-Jan. 19

In gardening, patience is a virtue that few possess. While others might landscape a new yard with reckless abandon, the Capricorn gardener adopts a long-term plan, selecting plants for what they will become, not what they look like on the greenhouse floor. Every aspect of the new variety is carefully considered, including winter interest.

Evergreens form the framework of this style, outdoing architectural elements in terms of visual significance. Under a blanket of snow, the mature Capricorn garden is unrivalled for its beauty.

Esthetically, this is the garden of the late bloomer, and before it's established it might just appear to be a work-in-progress.

Your flower: Try filling the gaps in your garden with Dianthus Supra Purple (AAS 2006). Lending continuous bloom to the border, these beauties sometimes survive under the snow to flower again the following spring.

Aquarius - The Water Bearer: Jan. 20-Feb. 18

According to the Aquarius gardener, the yard should be a place to socialize. Patios, decks and firepits can take up considerable real estate in your garden, pushing plants into places that might not allow them to flourish. The solution to this problem is container gardening. You can be fond of fashion, yet your individual style is rarely defined by current trends. The ability to combine tried-and-true strains with more unconventional varieties is your gift from the heavens. Just remember that plants in pots require attentive watering. Midsummer might be your most sociable time of the year, but it is often your laziest season, too.

Your flower: Gaillardia Arizona Sun (AAS 2005) can be a shining star in your patio pots. Save a few for a sunny border, too. Depending upon the severity of your winter, they might show up for a repeat performance next year.

Pisces - The Fish: Feb. 19-March 20

A fish pond suits your sign, of course. Yet water gardening can be a very labour-intensive process. Start small and develop the necessary skills to master this discipline. Check your imagination at the garden gate, too. You're inclined to take on projects that are well beyond your capabilities. Accept that gardening is trial and error, and you'll be able to turn those black thumbs into green thumbs.

In the meantime, let your whimsical nature take over. Go ahead and buy that entire village of garden gnomes! As your knowledge of gardening grows, plants will soon become the foundation of your landscape. Just be patient. You don't want to look like a fish out of water.

Your flower: Ornamental Pepper Black Pearl (AAS 2006) should have a place in your yard this season. With its exotic, pitch-dark leaves and low-care growing requirements, it's likely to thrive in any garden - even yours!

Greg Polkosnik is a freelance writer and lecturer who spends his summers working in the greenhouse business.

Last year he won the Edmonton Horticultural Society's competition in the Annual Beds category and placed second in Container Gardens.

© (c) CanWest MediaWorks Publications Inc.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cold and wet. It is too warm here for snow but north of here an hour they got several inches. Our high was about 40 today with a steady rain.

Kelli, did you hear about Greiniske (sorry if spelled wrong) won the Cy Young Award today?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kiska I love those!

Cool and cloudy most of the day.
We probably hit 54° though during the very few sunny times it was quite nice.
Drizzle started about 3 PM but has slacked off.
Radar shows it is settling in for a good shower in a few hours.

Ric

Pepper, yes I heard about Greinke, and I thought of you.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Joanna: that's an interesting article that you posted. Doesn't describe me all that well (December) but it was fun to read. :o))
Pepper and Kelli: Who? can you tell I don't keep up with sports---LOL
Celia: where are you?

Today--mostly cloudy with a high in lower 50's. Currently on my back porch it is 40*F.

Like Celia did earlier in the month, I went out and cut the few remaining blooms on my roses yesterday. This photo shows two Don Juans, one Golden Showers, one Angel Face (lavender)

Thumbnail by marsue
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

How long before he is playing for the Yankees ?

Going to paint the living room & bathroom today.
Then, next step is gutting the bedroom. It still has lath & plaster. It's got to go!

Monday, all the Gladiolus bulbs got their winter drench & put into storage. Moved all the potatoes to winter storage. We have enough left so we don't need to buy seed this spring.

Yesterday, we went to the daughters house & poured the driveway. Went pretty good.

Lots of cabinet work to get done! My son got the shop organized yesterday, so is ready to work in there today. I'll have to make a run for Oak lumber, as he is nearly out.

25º, going for 50º today. Will be sunny. All above normal. Light rain tomorrow.

Bernie

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Good luck with your projects today, Bernie!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I agree Bernie Good Luck!
How do you store the taters?

Lovely last roses Mau!

Rainy here and 52° looks like it will hold all day.
Rain should be moving out by late evening.
Then back to more of the normal averages acording to the local forecast.
Low 50's and upper 30's.
TWC is predicting above average so......
I'm hoping this warm spell would last thru Thanksgiving...lol!

Off to the garage to get MY wood organized...

Ric

(Zone 7a)

I got up this morning struggling with a slight case of depression. Crystal was here for 2 whole days and I had to take her home yesterday. Reading the posts here have made it go away. Thank you!

Crystal's colposcopy showed nothing that was concerning. They will not require another test until a few months after her baby is born. Yea!!!

37.6 °F with 47º for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 38 °F
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 30 °F
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph
Pressure: 30.04 in (Falling)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Taking her home was fun. I let her drive the Corvette. We were approaching Strawberry Reservior and it was so cold, a fog bank was settled over the area. Too bad I forgot my REAL camera.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Driving into the fog.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.