CLOSED: it's that time o'year agin' - - Dwarf Poinciana !!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for that info. They must be a little more hardy than the plant files indicate. My envelope did not go out because I was out of the long envelopes in my desk. Will try to remember to get one ready at home this evening!

We occasionally get down to 10 degrees, but thankfully, it isn't very often!! :) This year has been so weird, I am not sure what to expect this winter.......

Genna

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL! i send seeds out for short envies, too!

i have a nice packet ready for you, Genna

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL..... BUSINESS size envelope going in today's mail.... just trying to follow directions! ^_^ I really appreciate your help..... can't wait to get some of these beauties going.

Do you have most of yours in beds?? wasn't sure how large they got? Afraid if I just put them out in the yard, my son will mow them down come Spring!!

Genna

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

please see height and spacing info

Quoting:
DG plant info:    http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2247/

expect to experience several additional feet in both the height and spacing . . . and start the seeds in a 1 gal. container (helps nurture the need for a good tap root) . . . transplant when it is 5 - 6 in. in height.

tell your son to run his mower on the lawn only. LOL   ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks! He is pretty good to leave my beds alone, but I thought if it got too large, that it would have to just be planted in the yard - outside the beds, and anything outside the beds that dies back to the ground is NOT really safe! LOL..... But at that size, I will just locate in some of the beds and see how it does. Thanks!

Genna

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

If you plant it in the yard, just put a circle of good-sized rocks or bricks around it so it can't be mowed over.

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

I potted some up today, I can't wait! LOL

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Both my orange & yellow went 8-9 feet but I don't get die back here.

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Lazlo,

I'm sending my Env in the mail today.

Thanks for sharing again.
cj

Orlando, FL

hi lazlo,
i have been looking will be sending my envelope this week
thanks sooo much for sharing
debi

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

I got my seeds today, thanks so much. I don't have a whole lot to trade, I have some palm seeds, ponytail, vampire, and bellas, and some bottle brush plant seeds. I feel guilty asking for and getting all your seeds. I could send you a check or a book of 20 stamps if that will help.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Got my seeds on Friday..... well, we had a playoff football game about 4 hrs away so I really didn't get them until the wee hours of Saturday. But thanks so much! Can't wait to see if I can have any luck with them................ Didn't expect other goodies in the envie as well, but it was a pleasant surprise!

Need to print off my instructions for planting, so I can find them come Spring!! Thanks so much for your generous sharing....

Genna

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

SORRY - - This offer is now closed . . .

Dec 1, 2009

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

I have lil babies popping up!!! : )

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.