Happy Halloween! Pictures?

Santa Fe, NM

La Calabaza Blanca esta aqui! The candle was too big, but you get the idea.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

She really is blanca. She looks related to E.T. Maybe she came from Roswell.

Thumbnail by roybird
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Nice! How fun... I miss carving pumpkins with my son, he's all grown up now. One year when he was about 10 years old, we lived in a 4th floor walk up in Buffalo, N.Y. There was a spooky narrow staircase that took you all the way to our apartment. I hosted a halloween party, and we carved a TON of pumpkins and lit that stairway only with them... and had spooky sound effects playing. It was fantastic!

Santa Fe, NM

We usually don't get many trick or treaters in our neighborhood. The kids attend school events and parties more than they used to. I hope we get to see some little ones, but it seems doubtful with the flu this year.

Santa Fe, NM

I guess I'm the only one who sees these things! A picture of our neighbors.

Thumbnail by roybird
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Your neighbors are quite the pair, roybird. Do they always go around smirking like that?

Santa Fe, NM

Yes, indeed. There are more of them, too.

Thumbnail by roybird
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh those are great. Much more personality than some of the fancy ones -- people buy templates or something......... but these are People! I can tell they are the GP's relatives.

but that one on the far left looks a little...........dare I say, squashed?

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Squashed, snort!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL!

Santa Fe, NM

Good one , Kyla!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Okay, check this out! We don't ever get trick or treaters here, but I buy candy anyway (DH will always eat it!). Last night we DID get one set of trick or treaters, and you'll never guess what they came as. Season Fairies!!!! Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter Fairies! Loved their outfits so much that I had to get a picture...

Thumbnail by bsavage
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oh, aren't they wonderful!

We live in the historic mansion district in Helena, which is full of Victorian-era homes of all sizes. It is THE place to go trick-or-treating. We went out to walk Piper last night and were amazed at the hordes of costumed kids & chaperones.

There's a guy up the street who has a Victorian-era "player organ". He was out on the porch with it and two gruesomely dressed comrades. The tune of choice: Bach's Toccata & Fugue in D minor.

What a hoot!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

How fun, Picante! I wish we got more trick or treaters... I love to see the kids' costumes.

Santa Fe, NM

I love the season fairies! What a nice picture, Brenda! Picante, your neighborhood sounds like The place to be on Halloween. Here is a "day after " picture.

Thumbnail by roybird
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh, man, I hate litter!!!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL If life gives you litter, make litterade!

(I so hate that expression. almost as much as I hate tripping over beer bottles and socks some jamoke leaves on the durn sidewalk, sheesh.)

Okay, here is a Halloween Moon!

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

and another:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Santa Fe, NM

Nice moons, Kyla! Brenda, Santa Fe would drive you nuts, there is litter almost everywhere. I have some pictures of city maintained parks that are truly sad. One of my friends and I go out and pick up trash on our own every once in awhile, more in the spring and summer, I admit. Some of the litter is festive, tho. Trick or Treat feathers.

Thumbnail by roybird
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Well, accidental litter isn't so bad, especially if it is prime nest building material!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes, I have found some treasures in accidental litter, actually. Found a whole quarter today as a matter of fact!

beads, sparkly things, yes, litter can be quite fun sometimes if you are feeling kid-like enough. ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.