Ladyg out of commission : (

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Praying for you, Chris

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Good new! The cast is off! The wrist is weak, stiff and sometimes painful, but it is not use to being out of the cast. I am not permitted to lift with the hand but can do other things. I'll have to go for physical therapy for a while but I'll arrange that so I can go maybe at my lunch hour at work. Don't want to loose to much time.

Thanks you all, your combined best wishes and thoughts sure helped. You are the best!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Yaaaaaay!!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Chris, Congrats on casting off your cast. Get a sponge ball and 1-2# weight to set on your desk to use while your on the phone and make it a regular part of a phone call. You will be amazed at how something so simple can improve mobility and strength and if it's right there in your face, it's hard to forget. Wishing you a quick recovery. Ric

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Yay --how funny, here Ric advocates exercise and I was about to say, don't overdo it at first! LOL

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, The type of exercise I'm recommending is repeated use, for strengthening and mobility. I've used these for years to maintain use through: carpel tunnel, arthritis, and broken bones. I had a orthopedic surgeon that was very into holistic medicine. He recommended: mobility exercises, isokinetic and isometric exercise as well as meditation. I found many of his techniques to be very beneficial. His idea was "No strain no pain". Right up my alley! My Grandmothers hands were so distorted by arthritis I often wondered how she even used them, her whole outlook was, get up in the morning, ask for God's help, and do what needs to be done. I really try to do that. Ric

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Great news.

Crozet, VA

Hope that it works as well as before soon. We don't realize how much one part of our wonderfully made bodies is used and needed until we are with out it for a while. I know that you are relieved to have the cast off. Take good care and stay well.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.