Happy Birthday Picante!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hope you have a luvly, luvly Birthday dear Picante with lots of sloppy kisses from Piper and not-so-sloppy kisses from DH.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Happy, happy birthday, Picante!!! Have fun!

Santa Fe, NM

Yes, indeed. No wonder you're enjoying the grapes this morning. Carry on!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Aw, gee, it's October 9th again already! That means I can do whatever I want.
1. Take the day off.
2. Get croissants & turnovers and go to Mac's and make her walk with Piper & me after eating pastries.
3. Wash more plums for ongoing plum endeavor.
4. See if anyone on DG knows it's my birthday...

Well, HOLY COW, they do, thanks to Dahlianut! Thanks, roybird & Brenda!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Inquiring minds need all the details on the 'plum endeavour' please.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Hope you're having a fantastic b-day, Picante!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Happy Birthday Picante. Wishing you the best.

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Quick like a bunny put that one in the photo contest plutodrive! OUTSTANDING!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thank you, I will!

Santa Fe, NM

That's cute, I like that.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Happy birthday Picante! Hope its been a good one.

Nice picture of a bee butt plutodrive. The flower is pretty too.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Happy birthday my friend! Did you get as much snow as we did 4"?

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Lisabees, plutodrive, Dave-who-is-Dave, Sofer, thanks for joining our party!
Nope, Sof, we only got a dusting. Bozeman got 8".
What the heck is that flower, plutodrive? Is that one of them red hot pokers? Ditto on the photo contest for that one!

So here's the continuation of my October 9th list:
5. Head off to the chiropractor and get my head put on straight.
6. Go to Staple's and buy a USB hub (reason to be explained later).
7. Work on plum endeavor (pictures coming later).
8. Walk over to Mom & Stepdad's for more hugs & kisses & tea.
9. Drive with DH over to Sally's, ostensibly to drop off Piper, acting like I don't know anything is up. (DH isn't much of an actor.)
10. Have "surprise" dinner with 4 friends!!!! And scrumptious chocolate cake with almonds!
11. Go see the Kusun Ensemble (music and dance from Ghana).
12. ZZZZzzzzzzzz.

Happy Natal Day!

Thumbnail by
Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Sounds like a great day picante.

Santa Fe, NM

It does sound like a good day. African music, love it!

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Missed your birthday. May I be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday Sprawl? Take a whole week to enjoy your birthday!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

OK, Dahlia, here are the details on the plum endeavor, successfully completed yesterday.
Multiply this by 6 or 8.

Thumbnail by picante
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Insert hours and hours of pitting before this:

Thumbnail by picante
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Then throw these in the freezer and call it good.

Thumbnail by picante
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Plum purée makes your oatmeal cookies chewy and addictive (especially if you add in dried cherries).
Plum purée + blackberries make a wonderful pie.
Plum purée makes the world go round.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Lotta work picante. They make good wine too.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

P.S. We ended up with 21 containers, 2 cups each.
I'm sure plum wine is totally yummy.
Alcohol & my guts do not agree. I suppose it has something to do with my reactive hypoglycemia. Alcohol is just about the highest thing on the glycemic index.

Santa Fe, NM

Picante, my D.H. will totally fall in love with you because of the plums! He made a video about pitting plums in the back yard called "Plum Garden Meditation" or something like that. It has the sound of the plums being pitted. Your plums are most excellent! He will be smitten, for sure. Would you and your D.H. like to have a weird video maker come help with the plums next year? He really appreciates it when I volunteer for him to do things. : )

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Roybird, we like weird peoples for sure. And we would feed him cherryplum cookies.

But the best video material here is Piper. Unless he wants to video a plumtango or somethin' else plum silly. (Don't know if you remember "lawnmower arabesque", but something along those lines.)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I am awed by the Great Plum Endeavour! I have not done a Plum Endeavour, let alone a Great one. I have done a Citrusy Cranberrry Endeavour but it did not involve pitting so cannot be called Great although it can be called Yummy.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Happy very belated birthday, Picante. I don't know how I missed this thread! -- not looking I guess. Anyhow, hope it was a great day and I am totally impressed by the great plum endeavor.

Kisses from Kelsey.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

and Raja.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Such beautiful big canines. My brother's dog, Lady gave us all a scare last week. She started to retch and my brother found out that she had eaten a baggy of onion seeds. She wouldn't eat for six days except for the occasional piece of cheese or the peanut butter my brother would smear on her face. Finally she pooped it all out. I was there the next day and you couldn't even tell she was ill.

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh, so glad she is okay!!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Glad she is ok plutodrive. Dogs eat strange things.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, thank goodness she is okay. She looks so much like Raja! Only her ears are symetrical, unlike Raja's which are usually lopsided -- like her she just woke up from a nap and her hair is a mess -- which is generally the case.
Your brother's dog could be her sister. I am so glad to know that she is okay. I will watch out for dogs and onion seed as well. Also dogs and chocolate. Amazing how different their bodies are, chemically speaking, from ours.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks guys, I'll tell my bro all of your kind words. He is just learning to garden and must find out what is toxic to pets. I need to learn that as well since I have two cats! Here is a photo of my brother's other dog, Pebbles who is literally on her last leg. Her hind legs have been giving out on her lately. But he has been teaching her how to walk in a doggie-walker! She can appear a little scary but once you pet her head you have a friend for life.

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Who'd have thunk that onion seeds would hurt a puppy. Glad she's ok!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Well I know that onions are bad for dogs but I hadn't thought about onion seeds.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I would think seeds would absorb water and swell up. That would not be fun.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oh my.... I LOVE having all these beautiful critters here on my happy birthday thread.
Thank you, everybody for your wonderful pics.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Crazy ole cat has been forbidden to use the puter but he likes to help deflower the catmint.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

OH MY. I hadn't realized how verrrrrry furrrrrrry COC is.
It's a really good thing he doesn't live in Arizona.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No kiddin. He suffers in our summers because he's convinced there are poltergists in the basement. He would not be happy in AZ.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.