Desert Rose is Awesome!

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I rescued this plant from Walmart and it is my new favorite houseplant. Walmart had these standing in water! They were looking so bad. I just had to save one of them. It has already bloomed 3 times this year!

If you are looking for a new houseplant and have a good, sunny window, these are awesome.

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
(Zone 1)

Lovely Adenium! I've killed so many Adenium's over the years by leaving them out in the rain ... Grrrr! I have three small plants now and so far this year they've done well. Mine stay outside on the deck in full sun.

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

There is a Caudiciforms forum here on DG:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/fatplant/all/

You will find much information and plenty of other enthusiasts! - Lynn

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Lynn...I'm trying to pollinate my plant with info I learned there. Looks like I'm going to have more Desert Roses. LOL.

Fife, United Kingdom

Hadn't seen this plant before but when I saw your pic I knew I had to have it. Couldn't find any to buy so bought some seeds on eBay (5 different varieties), planted them a few days ago and they are now beginning to sprout. Can't wait until they look like yours.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I just got 4 seeds of black-red from a trade. How did you plant yours? Which is the top of the seed?

I just put them in water to soak, hoping something pops out of either end of the little stick. They started swelling, so I am hopeful. Following the link to the other forum

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I never put my DR seeds in water, I soak the dirt and let it drain, just lay the seed down and barely cover with dirt, should sprout in a few days.

Doris

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

I just bought one of these from Wal-Mart's Garden Center this week. It was saturated with water from being left out in the rain but it is sure a pretty one!

Susan

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Gee I was just in my Wal-Mart, they had worn out tulips but that was all, they were so wind blown they were pitiful.

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

I found the Desert Rose out in the Garden Center. Check Lowe's and/or Home Depot because I believe I've seen them in there. If they don't have any right now, I'm sure you're find them in the next months.

Susan

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

I agree with Susan.

I've even seen Walgreen's selling them from time to time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.