Thought for the Day: #3

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, deep thoughts!

Nothing profound from me today. Just a funny, overheard as I took my preschool class to the bathroom. As they each filed into their separate stalls, one little boy inhaled deeply, and announced, "I smell yellow!" Poor kid will forever associate the color yellow with the smell of urine. LOL

Angie

(Zone 7a)

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

(Zone 7a)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DESERTPIRATE!!!!!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Money is the root of all evil. Women need roots.
Donald Trump

I think this one applies equally to men. Men need roots too!
Good one kwan! Dad always said, " to never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
They will surprise you every time.
WIB!
SW

Freedom, CA(Zone 9b)

Curiosity killed the cat,
and satisfaction brought him back!

I hope this hasn't already been added here somewhere, I love this thread but don't always have the time to read it all.

Happy Birthday Desert Pirate!

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Randy, miss your writing on the write robin.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks for the birthday wishes PC, Celia and Sheila. I'm having a good day so far. I've been on the phone with some of my closest loved ones all morning. My son asked me how it felt to be another year older, I told him I'm only a day older and shut the heck up!

Friday Thought for the Day:

Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Heard a quote on the radio which sent me in search of 12-Step aphorisms. This one is priceless:

Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

As a follow up to my previous post.

"You just don't know women".
Hugh Hefner

I've said it before, but you can't hear it too often, Happy Birthday, DP!
Good one DP.
Good one KC.
WIB!
SW

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I heard a clip of the comedian Steven Wright on the radio today:

"It was curiousity that killed the cat, but for a while there I was the primary suspect."

That's probably only funny to people that don't like cats though.

This message was edited Oct 30, 2009 3:07 PM

(Zone 7a)

Still funny to those of us that do like cats, GS. ^_^

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday, Randy! Just stopping in here to make sure all the CA folks knew it was your big day! Looks like they were already on top of it.

Hope you're having an awesome day!

Angie

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Just found out it was your birthday today, Randy. Well Happy Birthday, hope you had a good one,

Pegi

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks everyone. I don't remember when I've had this much attention aimed at me.

I've had a great day. I didn't do anything I didn't want to do all day. I'd say that's a fantastic day. Son took me out to lunch and I spent a couple of hours playing with DGDs. Here I am home before 9 pm and I'm pretty sure I'll be sound asleep by 10. Even my 6 yo DGD has a 10 o'clock bed time on weekends. I must be doing the 2nd childhood thing..lol.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

We're moving over one............join us here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052454/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.